Lost IMEI - Unable to NV backup or restore Channel1.nvm

Guest mariojjsimoes

Guest mariojjsimoes

Hello, all,

After upgrading to 2.2 i lost the imei. Trouble is no matter what i do i cannot NV backup or restore. I have followed several procedures in the threads and nothing works.

Base problem is that i get a com port after power on & vol- & vol+ (that's how i was able to upgrade) but i can never backup or restore NV. I even tried restorin a Channel1.nvm file that someone posted on one of the threads but restore does not work too.

Can anyone please help with this?

Now i have an even greater problem wich is that after my upgrade to 2.2 the ZTE no longer offers a drive with the drivers to install. Is this normal?

Any help is appreciated but if someone could send me a link to the ZTE drivers so i can try on a different computer that would be just great.

Thanks.

Guest Decado

Hi Mario

I suspect that you are using the patched upgrade tool "Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe" and just running it and ignoring the error messages as I have seen suggested here in some places.

I found this tool works perfectly for flashing back an unlocked ROM it does not allow you to backup and restore your NVM / Channel1.nvm file. Infact the two tablets I have used this tool on are the two out of our 6 that have had the IMEI number changed.

Intead I downloaded the tool from this link by Sebastian404 which is the entire uncracked programming tool.

Install this and the copy the patched exe you already have into the folder that the full installation was installed to and make a link to the *patched* exe and run the tool from there.

You will be able to backup and restore your Channel1.nvm file using this utility fully installed. Of course, you need to be able to edit the Channel1.nvm file to put your original IMEI number in there. Look at offset 0x1205 in the file with a hex editor.

I hope this helps

regards

Dec

Guest Sebastian404

If you look around the blade forum, there is a post that tells you how to re-create that Channel1.nvm file, I'm FAR FAR too jet lagged to look for it, but someone else might be able to helps......

Guest mariojjsimoes

Hello, Sebastian404 and Decado,

Thank you for your help, and I finally was able to do it.

Regarding the fileChannel1.nvm on the forums i had alreadey found it, but besides not being able to backup NV i was also not able to restore.

Still i was able to backup, edit and restore. The problem is that for my ZTE vol- & vol+ & power buttons combination.

I had to press vol- and then power and not relase for more than 30 seconds. (just for a few seconds doesn't cut it).

This worked as then the ZTE logo with the white backgound appears and stays and does not move from there.

At that point i was able to Backup the NVRAM and then edit the IMEI at the proper offset and reload it and i am now a happy camper :)

For now i'll stay put, as i'm sick but when i get better i want to look into overclocking.

Thank you both, for your help, and a special note of appreciation goes to Sebastian404 for all the work he puts into all this.

Mário

Guest Decado

Hi Mario

I'm very glad you were able to restore the IMEI as you were trying to.

The buttons can indeed be a bit of a pain. Especially as the functionality of them changes a little between the standard ROM and the CM7 upgrade. As Sebastian said, all the tools and information you will ever need to do any job to your ZTE V9 can be found here but sometimes you really have to search to find them.

I was going to put the tools togethers in one place and put them on my web host if you couldn't find them but as you've fixed it all there is no need :)

I hope you enjoy your tablet as much as we enjoy ours. We have 6 in the house hold =-|.

Regards

Dec

Edited by Decado

• 5 months later...
Guest NZ Dunc

Can someone please post a link to the channel1.nvm file that is located on this forum, I can't find it :( I think it is all I need to get V9 working properly again.

Thanks

Dunc

• 3 months later...
Guest BishnuPrasad

friend, thank you very much for wonderful post. i could not download the from the given link you posted. Could you please suggest for the same?

My problem is my ZTE V9 upgraded with Android 2.2 upgrade tool successfully (downloaded from http://www.camdenville.com) but my IMEI is changed to 0000xxxxxxxxxxx. so could you please help me to restore my original IMEI.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi Mario

I suspect that you are using the patched upgrade tool "Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe" and just running it and ignoring the error messages as I have seen suggested here in some places.

I found this tool works perfectly for flashing back an unlocked ROM it does not allow you to backup and restore your NVM / Channel1.nvm file. Infact the two tablets I have used this tool on are the two out of our 6 that have had the IMEI number changed.

Intead I downloaded the tool from this link by Sebastian404 which is the entire uncracked programming tool.

Install this and the copy the patched exe you already have into the folder that the full installation was installed to and make a link to the *patched* exe and run the tool from there.

You will be able to backup and restore your Channel1.nvm file using this utility fully installed. Of course, you need to be able to edit the Channel1.nvm file to put your original IMEI number in there. Look at offset 0x1205 in the file with a hex editor.

I hope this helps

regards

Dec