Why does it go down to 90%

Guest joshjw

Guest joshjw

After a full charge to 100%, I don't use it as I charge it at night and leave it to the morning. In the morning the battery has gone down by 5%, and nothing on my phone is running, and screen brightness is 30%, why does it go down quick and how to prevent this?

Guest petrosy
After a full charge to 100%, I don't use it as I charge it at night and leave it to the morning. In the morning the battery has gone down by 5%, and nothing on my phone is running, and screen brightness is 30%, why does it go down quick and how to prevent this?

There are many people asking this question. With various solutiions...

Try the following,

a) Use Titanium Backup to freeze certain apps. User a task manager like Advance Task Manager to see what apps are running. You will notice many that you did not start. Freeze Wifi Sharing, people have reported this as a power drain

Advanced Task Manager: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.arron.taskManager

Titanium Backup: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.k....TitaniumBackup

:) Disable wifi when you not using it.

c) sign out of latitude if you use it.

d)... and I am not sure how this works. type in *#9900# and disable fast dormancy then reboot. ( You can reenable by doing the same) this will alter how your phone polls the network. Results may vary depending on carrier. I personally found it did not agree with my connection and have left this on which is the default.

e) get rid of any widgets that poll the network.

There is no one solution and you will have to do some trial and error.... or try a custom rom and see if you have any improvement.

Again make sure you have the most current kernel... see XDA Dev page.

Another place for all stock SAMSUNG roms

http://www.samfirmware.com/apps/auth/login...OTECT-i9100.htm

You will need to register, take 2 minutes to get that going.

Edited by petrosy

With every LiIon battery it gets charged to 100%, but then it stops charging, and discharges to about 90-95%, before charging back up. Its to conserve the lifetime of the battery.

Its just not as clear on every device.

Guest joshjw
With every LiIon battery it gets charged to 100%, but then it stops charging, and discharges to about 90-95%, before charging back up. Its to conserve the lifetime of the battery.

Its just not as clear on every device.

So do I take off at 100% or do I leave it charging to gain the extra 5-10% that has been lost?

Whatever you like it wont harm the battery, thats the point of this feature.

Im pretty sure that when it plings "100%", it is actually 100% and not 95%

Guest dfghggfgfd

You are saying the battery loses about 5% during one night?

This seems pretty good to me, losing 5% in about a half day would mean 10 days of Standby-usage, which sounds really good.

My old N900 lost about 10% a night, with all data-connections off, and 20% when it was online.

Guest jr866gooner

I am spreading the word to hopefully help people with a slight battery drain and so far I think this has helped! I have just installed watchdog monitoring app,you can specify the Samsung update service to be killed at a certain threshold by adding it to a blacklist the threshold for me is ok at 1% it never runs! Certainly noticed improvement so far. On other Android handsets you could stop this from searching for updates but samsung have failed to follow in the same steps!