Vega + VegaComb + 3G Dongle = Success

Guest r.bobbington

Guest r.bobbington

I've just received a Huawei E1550 3G dongle that I'm trying to get to work with VegaComb. I've sent the AT command to disable the CD-autorun and restarted the Vega in USB-host mode, but have been unable to get any further. I've tried manually inputting APN settings, as well as using APN Manager from the Market with no success.

Has anyone managed to get this to work?

UPDATE: I've managed to get this working using the following procedure:

• Ensure your dongle is not in any CD-autorun type mode. If necessary, this can be disabled by sending an AT command. Exact directions differ for different OSes and dongles, but you should be able to find suitable instructions with a quick search – you could do worse than start by looking at http://3g-modem.wetpaint.com/page/executin...s+under+Windows.
  • Install VegaComb Beta 1.6 from http://tabletroms.com/forums/showthread.ph...wbe5-and-Corvus.
  • Install rebel1's 3G fix from the same thread, by flashing in the same way you flash a ROM.
  • While the device is switched off, plug your dongle into the USB port, press the power switch and hold the hardware back button down until the device has finished booting. This will put the device into USB-host mode.
  • Go to 'Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks' and make sure the 'Data enabled' tickbox is checked. Now you should be able to select the correct Access Point Name and network operator from the respective sections.

For some reason, switching the device on in USB-host mode and then plugging the dongle in doesn't appear to work. In particular, searching for network operators fails, as does modifying the APN list.

Edited by r.bobbington

Guest MANGAWY

I have the same Huawei E1550 3G dongle on a POV mobii Tegra 2.

I did all u said but it's one step i can't do (Install rebel1's 3G fix from the same thread), so how can i apply this fix to the vegacomb 1.6

Also when i create Vodefone APN the settings closes and i can't save.

Please tell me how can i apply it, I'll be very grateful.

Guest MANGAWY

I did all u said but it's one step i can't do (Install rebel1's 3G fix from the same thread), so how can i apply this fix to the vegacomb 1.6

Guest rebel1

Hi,

install my fix with the CWM recovery.

Guest tomolewis
I have just bought a 1550 from ebay......... going to try this now......... google turn off 1550 auto run......... :)

Ok I can't find how to turn the auto run feature off in windows 7 or directly on the tablet???

Guest tomolewis

I used DC-Unlocker once it auto detects the modem you can enter AT^U2DIAG=0 in the main window....... I also used DC unlocker to activate voice on my modem for €4.

Unlocking can be found else where for FREE!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest atomickarma

I'm having the same problem as Mangawy, the settings are there but they won't save or the 3G dongle wont appear as a connection option.

Using Vegacomb 1.7, anyone any suggestions?