Installs CM7 2011-08-15 + google apps 20110613 from http://goo-inside.me/gapps/
NOTE: Just like the leaked 2.2 update (or any official 2.2 update) this will convert the device to Gen2 and there is no way back to Gen1 and Android 2.1
- Turn the device off and then turn it on with Volume-down pressed.
- If you have a stock recovery you will see the text FTM on the screen. If not it will get "stuck" on the splash-logo. Both alternatives are OK.
- Connect the device to the computer with an USB cable
- Find out (with the Device Manager) on which COM port the DFU interface appears (ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU))
- Start Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe
- Choose Option->Port Config and configure the COM on Line 1 -- DIAG to be the one that the DFU uses. Click OK when finished.
- Choose "Backup NV" and click "Start All". Now a file called Channel1.nvm will be created. Make a copy of it for safekeeping! It can be useful if the IMEI becomes corrupt. (If you allready have a copy of it then you can skip this step)
- Switch to "Download" and click on "SW Directory". Choose the "files" folder.
- Click "Start All" and pour a cup of coffee.
- After 3-4 minutes it should have finished flashing. Disconnect the USB cable and remove the battery.
- Put the battery back and power up the device.
- Enjoy your coffee while it boots.
EVERYTHING IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK (as usual)!