48 replies to this topic

Biti

Biti

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8230
Tthanks, this is perfect done without any problems.

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 + 10 + Asus Fonepad
First post updated.

Blog - App

borepig

borepig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE v9 Light / Galaxy S
Awesome!

Gaz14

Gaz14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9, Huawei U8300

Is there a way to do this on the device, or with adb?.

I don't have a windows box to flash from only Linux and OSX.

Befriend a windows user, or i set up a XP partition just for android and these flashing tools

Sent from CM7 V9 using Tapatalk

stigger

stigger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9
Thanks for that I took it to work and did it there.

ozoner99

ozoner99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you very much for your assistance with this repartitioned rom, it's excellent! Some paypal love will be comingyour way this payday :-)

But is there a simple way of changing the splash screen back to the green android guy (or anything else for that matter) instead of the new pic of the partitiontable?

Thanks a lot.

PS. my Optus mytab upgraded fine without any IMEI changing issues.

Gaz14

Gaz14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Thank you very much for your assistance with this repartitioned rom, it's excellent! Some paypal love will be comingyour way this payday :-)

But is there a simple way of changing the splash screen back to the green android guy (or anything else for that matter) instead of the new pic of the partitiontable?

Thanks a lot.

PS. my Optus mytab upgraded fine without any IMEI changing issues.

Depends what you consider simple, you could simply open the splash.img file in /files with paint and the change it to whatever you want and reflash or make a new one and reboot into bootloader and use fastboot to flash it if you'd like I can make a zip file with a .bat file you can just run and it's done

Edited by Gaz14, 20 July 2011 - 12:15 PM.

ozoner99

ozoner99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have never gone into bootloader before, or used fastboot. If it's not too much trouble, please can you make up a bat file, or point me towards an existing one. Any instructions will be appreciated. Thank you so much for your help.

Depends what you consider simple, you could simply open the splash.img file in /files with paint and the change it to whatever you want and reflash or make a new one and reboot into bootloader and use fastboot to flash it if you'd like I can make a zip file with a .bat file you can just run and it's done

Gaz14

Gaz14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

I have never gone into bootloader before, or used fastboot. If it's not too much trouble, please can you make up a bat file, or point me towards an existing one. Any instructions will be appreciated. Thank you so much for your help.

Rightio I can do that, I'm actually away with work at the moment but I'll be home on the weekend I'll try to remember to make it then and post it up for you
Edit unless someone else wants to make a batch file that flashes the splash and include fastboot and a copy of the stock splash in a zip file with before the weekend

Edited by Gaz14, 21 July 2011 - 12:01 AM.

kraiklyn

kraiklyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

This look great, is there any way to enable 850/2100 support for my Network here in NZ (Telecom NZ)?

This was originally an Optus MyTab 2.2 (official firmware) from Australia. I'm sure the hardware supports 850 but it wont pick up my network provider here with the 3 different firmwares I've flashed.

Thanks in advance,

K

Edited by kraiklyn, 26 July 2011 - 01:12 AM.

kiting

kiting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Halo...

Thanks to KK for the awesom rom, I really appreciate your hard work.

But there is a problem when I try to download applications from the market.
I can not download applications that size above 4 MB, is it associated with the cache layout that measures just 5 Mb? And how do i fix it?

Thanx for your attention....

Edited by kiting, 26 July 2011 - 10:33 AM.

sane?

sane?

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X, Pulse, ZTE v9

But there is a problem when I try to download applications from the market.
I can not download applications that size above 4 MB, is it associated with the cache layout that measures just 5 Mb? And how do i fix it?

Works fine with that cache partition size and Angry Birds (19MB), so I think your problem might be elsewhere.

Edited by sane?, 26 July 2011 - 11:25 PM.

kiting

kiting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Works fine with that cache partition size and Angry Birds (19GB), so I think your problem might be elsewhere.

Please can you tell me where the problem is?

Gaz14

Gaz14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Attached File  install green android.zip   289.38KB   24 downloads

Rightio I can do that, I'm actually away with work at the moment but I'll be home on the weekend I'll try to remember to make it then and post it up for you
Edit unless someone else wants to make a batch file that flashes the splash and include fastboot and a copy of the stock splash in a zip file with before the weekend

Here it's a week late but unzip this somewhere and run it to reflash to the green android splash it'll come up with instructions when you run the install green android splash.bat file

PM me if you have any trouble i check the forum on my v9 a few times a day when i'm bored

Edited by Gaz14, 30 July 2011 - 04:23 PM.

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 + 10 + Asus Fonepad
Updated to 2011-08-15 version. New package also installs Clockwork 4.0.1.4 automaticly.

Blog - App

pck.au

pck.au

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Optus ZTE V9
Hi, thanks for your work kallt_kaffe.

I have installed the zip through clockwork recovery and all good. However my V9 is still running on the old nand partition sizes. Is it correct if I do the following to use the optimised paritions:

1. Boot to recovery and then backup. After backup restart the tab
2. Install the OneClickStockRecoveryV9.apk ( it will replace the clockwork recovery by the original recovery I suppose).
3. Power off and then on with Volume down button held
4. Reinstall with the upgrade tool what will resize the partitions
5. Boot to recovery and restore from the backup created from step 1.

I am not sure about : will I get FTM in step 3? If it works then do I need to wipe data in step 5.

Thanks for any help and the great work.

kiting

kiting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Updated to 2011-08-15 version. New package also installs Clockwork 4.0.1.4 automaticly.

Compass pointing to the wrong direction, can you fix it...

Thanx.....

patsos345

patsos345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE v9

Compass pointing to the wrong direction, can you fix it...

Thanx.....

Confirmed. Compass is gone crazy..

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540f Android 2.3.5

Cheers bud.. yeah i had stumbled across the hexedit uyour channel.nvm , which ive now done .. looks correct now but still having APN issues (changed from prepaid to postpaid optus sim in the process of doing this rom update ..) i can make calls and sms's , which is a start... just cant 'browse'.

I feel your frustration.

It's obviously an APN issue but I don't know any optus settings other than those shown in the whirlpool wiki., I suppose I shouldn't be surprised there is a different set for post paid. When you find out it would be great if you would post it because you're not going to be the only one going to post paid.

Thanks in advance
Dec

Decado is right, there are different APN setting between Post-Paid and Pre-Paid... change the APN from "connectcap"/"preconnect" to "yesinternet" and it should work.

Edit for referance: http://ausdroid.net/apns/#optus

Edited by Stephen J. Knill, 06 September 2011 - 05:05 AM.

Programs are like Cathedrals, first we build them... then we pray!

ucdebz

ucdebz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i dont know what i am doing wrong but it just keeps booting into recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users