• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

liqMT

liqMT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid MT
Done for my LiquidMT: vache's recoveryMT3.0 and his Gingerounay3.0 which seems the only one having the whole hardware working. It is based on the stock 4.0.13

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

if it's worth switching or just wait our good laughing cow to release an update of it's own.

good laughing cow now laughing only to ICONIA Series users, not to us -__-

Is there a race within devs in recoveries?

Nope, he just didn't wanted to share with CM guys ;]
I did.

liqMT

liqMT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Accordind to what I've understood, his reco is only CWM4.0.0.8, and his rom 3.0 is based on the last 4.0.13 stock. So that's maybe why he hasn't anything great to share as he uses the stock RILs (and other raw acer's undisclosed code?). He hasn't to deal with the problems that other rom makers meet and he provided a full hardware working rom, the only "plus" being the rooted HS, and so, the ability to remove some bloatware and add the apps we want.
CM team is not so great when it comes to share, as I couldn't even create an account on their forum because they refuse my email address. Maybe they require a gmail address, but nowhere it is stated in forum rules and policy, and I DON'T want a gmail account, I found no way to ask them if this is the real reason, so no way to post there why they officially support none Acer device (I still wander why).
And I also see they are not very friendly with you Lens.

Lens, if you reach to port ICS cm9 to the Liquid metal on your own, will it be possible to use it without a google account? With vache rom, I had to switch back to Acer contacts/dialer and reinstall AcerSync to have my contacts back in the phone, not only in the SIM? I couldn't use the standard contacts/dialer because it doesn't support neither groups (I use for sms) nor quick dial.

Bye bye, and I wish you great success in your hard work.

Edited by liqMT, 08 April 2012 - 08:11 AM.

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

So that's maybe why he hasn't anything great to share as he uses the stock RILs (and other raw acer's undisclosed code?

he's a pro dev that could deal with cm but deals only with his own...

he provided full hardware working rom

I also could do that, but it won't be called CYANOGENMOD. It's just incorrect to compare stock acer rom with cm-based ones.

CM team is not so great when it comes to share

source are on git, what kind of share do you want? they also have great guide system..

And I also see they are not very friendly with you Lens.

yup that's strange..

will it be possible to use it without a google account?

yes, CM is always allows you to deal with device without having a google account.

liqMT

liqMT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I also could do that, but it won't be called CYANOGENMOD.

100% full hw working? wifi, tether, notif leds, carriers(I mean phone calls providers) , fm radio, etc....

It's just incorrect to compare stock acer rom with cm-based ones.

I didn't ;), and I didn't see vache is doing.

source are on git, what kind of share do you want? they also have great guide system..

I just spoke about I couldn't "share" my question on their forum (I'm not a coder, and even if I was, I'd need a goog account to access github isn't it?)

yup that's strange..

What I said

yes, CM is always allows you to deal with device without having a google account.

I could import my 215 contacts into android contacts, but no group support neither quick dial. And then switching back to acer contacts/dialer prevented to add a group to an existing contact, and only allowed to add new contact in the sim, as long as I didn't reinstalled AcerSync. Maybe the lack of features I want are related to an old android contacts/dialer, or they are available out of acer's soft in other free and ad-free third party apps, fee-lessly available elsewhere than gmarket.

My metal is my job tool, and as I'm not a coder nor geek enough, I can't spent too much time in trials, go forth/back roms, just to find ten days later this or that doesn't work, when I've forget how I reached to backup data/install rom after spending days to reach the goal.
OK Lens, atm i must admit I choosed the vache rom because I was very puzzled by what I read in ten+ forums. But I promise I'll install your CM9 as soon as it is no more beta.
Bye bye Lens, have a good evening (you're in Tomsk isn't it?) and thanks again for your shiny job.

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

100% full hw working?

Yes, dump acer rom, and make the same acer rom with lesser bloatware and root. That's what I call stock-based. Gingerounay, T&L, Performance - they all are stock -based.
Cy-mod is COMPILED FROM THE GROUND using acer binaries, that's why it is missing the main acer framework that contains all the fixes that makes people to use stock instead of CM (BUUUUGSS __- ehwhatthenoobs.. ). It's acer (not only acer though) policy to make custom roms less attractive.
Hope you understood why comparing is incorrect.

I'd need a goog account to access github isn't it?

to google source only.

I was very puzzled by what I read in ten+ forums.

just little repair-by-yourself bug-o-features -___-

Edited by Lens_flare, 08 April 2012 - 11:30 AM.

spicysomtam

spicysomtam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:G300, IMobile IQ 5.1
  • Twitter:@amunro
I flashed this through Virtualbox on Ubuntu. My VM was running Winxp 32bit. Downloaded and installed AcerSync on my VM (acer usb debug device presented to virtualbox). When the script runs through and switches into fastboot you need to present the Acer USB fastboot device, and then it flashes.

liqMT

liqMT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I flashed this through Virtualbox on Ubuntu. My VM was running Winxp 32bit. Downloaded and installed AcerSync on my VM (acer usb debug device presented to virtualbox). When the script runs through and switches into fastboot you need to present the Acer USB fastboot device, and then it flashes.

You have the way to do it all native in ubuntu (w/o VM) here http://sorrodje.alte...rom-sdk-android all in french but screen shots may help if you're easy enough with ubuntu. Just ask me here if there is a step for which you'd need translation.
Bye

Edited by liqMT, 19 April 2012 - 09:27 AM.

liquid metal newbie

liquid metal newbie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
cant install this recovery
i recently shifted back to stock rom via acer download tool and when i tried to install recovery it stops at
""
try flashing
sending recovery <4384 KB> ....
""
i waited for nearly an hour and then it said
""
sending recovery <4384 KB> .... FAILED <DATA TRANSFER FAILURE <too many links>>
""
what can i do????

problem solved

Edited by liquid metal newbie, 27 June 2012 - 09:22 AM.

Posted Image

TimForDummies

TimForDummies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi everyone,

I've got a problem while trying to install this recovery. When i start the installation, it doesn't find my phone.
I've tried reinstalling the drivers and my phone is USB-Debugging.
please help :)

Thanks in advance!

Mtman1

Mtman1

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Devices:Liquid MT
Try turning the phone into fastboot (volume up and power) then plug the phone in and run install-recovey.bat (or whatever it's called)

Edited by Mtman1, 20 July 2012 - 10:58 AM.

TimForDummies

TimForDummies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Try turning the phone into fastboot (volume up and power) then plug the phone in and run install-recovey.bat (or whatever it's called)

Tried it but that didn't work..

Thanks anyway!

TimForDummies

TimForDummies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Or do i have to wait for "processing commands" to go away or something?

TimForDummies

TimForDummies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
never mind! problem solved! just had to restart the damn phone!

harrion51

harrion51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
guys, assembled a new recowery, CWM Recowery 6.0.1.4
tach works and almost all the buttons except the "search button", it replaces the camera button
Take, use

download code.google

ltpitt

ltpitt

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal

guys, assembled a new recowery, CWM Recowery 6.0.1.4
tach works and almost all the buttons except the "search button", it replaces the camera button
Take, use

download code.google

Great thanks!

Is SD ext backup and restore working?

Which ROMs can you flash with this?

rodyh

rodyh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC HERO

Hi guys i got an old Acer liquid MT (S120).

I want to put on it the lastest android version made for this phone.

But first i need to install a recovery. and my problem is here.

I got the acer driver for my computer, I activated USB Debogging on the phone, I downloaded the recovery v1.1, v2.2 but i can't execute the script because my computer dont see with adb the phone.

So i decided to root the phone with z4root, it looks ok

then i decided to install recovery manager, thinking it could help me to install recovery.

But each time i choose a .img file with recovery manager i have error message saying recovery not recognize.

What can i do ?

Thanks for help.

And what are the links for the lastest full rom (i mean with all phone featurs working : gps, bluetooth, camera...)

Thanks again !!!

Icebok

Icebok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello guys, I would like to root my acer liquid metal, but I can not find the file vache's recovery 3.0, because  link (avache-android.com) is off.

Can you help me

thanks

liqMT

liqMT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

This link will die one month after last download: http://dl.free.fr/gTm79Jb7R

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users