LCFA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade aka San Fran
Check this out.
http://shop.orange.c...nge-monte-carlo
I wonder how much will it cost?

Edited by LCFA, 28 June 2011 - 08:10 PM.

JudasLucifer

JudasLucifer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
The blade suddenly got so much sexier :L

Sig.png

What Font Are You Using? (thats legible of course :P)

slitz

slitz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Devices:Blade, Desire Z, Xperia Play
I thought there already was a Orange Monte Carlo?! I guess not then, those high resolution photos of it look pretty nice though. The ear speaker looks a bit like the HTC ones.

Edited by slitz, 28 June 2011 - 08:23 PM.

ohio66

ohio66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco jellyfish
To be really useful it would need at least a 1GHz processor (San Francisco only 600MHz) and the ability to run Adobe Flash

appolus

appolus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

To be really useful it would need at least a 1GHz processor (San Francisco only 600MHz) and the ability to run Adobe Flash

i agree, its not much like an upgrade except the camera and led flash..and the size. its enormous, 4" is perfect

Edited by appolus, 28 June 2011 - 08:36 PM.

grudas

grudas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

i agree, its not much like an upgrade except the camera and led flash..and the size. its enormous, 4" is perfect

exactly.. 4.3" display will be to big to hold.. i bet it will drop from peoples PALMS LIKE s*** FROM A COWS ASS>.. ?!

and 800cpu will probably be overclockable to 900-1000mhz if you're lucky.. i guess the price will be around £150.. not much interest from me because of the size.. if they refreshed the blade with 1ghz cpu and 3.8" display that would rock my boat..

Jekle

Jekle

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Devices:OSF, Galaxy Ace, Ascend G300
Damn! Just Bought a Galaxy Ace on Contract!

k0zmic

k0zmic

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero & HTC Sensation XE
It looks like a HTC Sensation and a Grey ZTE Blade had babies.

I think it'll cost £160

Edited by k0zmic, 28 June 2011 - 09:11 PM.

Laccnow

Laccnow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
It's not just about the CPU, I think. Take a look at SF's and MC's battery times. MC seems better.

Jekle

Jekle

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

It looks like a HTC Sensation and a Grey ZTE Blade had babies.

I think it'll cost £160

£150 I Think, giving it around a bout figure. It will have all the bloatware present as usual, Nothing a de-branded ROM wouldn't sort out :)

k0zmic

k0zmic

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

It will have all the bloatware present as usual, Nothing a de-branded ROM wouldn't sort out :)

The bloatware probably helps subsidize the cost of the handset, although that's not a problem as you said.

Jekle

Jekle

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
ZTE did say the Skate was delayed because of a CPU change, I am thinking they changed it a ARMv7

Jekle

Jekle

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

The bloatware probably helps subsidize the cost of the handset, although that's not a problem as you said.

On the SF I didn't think the Bloatware much of a problem, so it annoyed that I couldn't get rid of it, but I wasn't that pissed with it. But then I discovered Custom ROM's well lets just say that I was never going back!

domenico lamberti

domenico lamberti

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent,HTC Explorer
  • Twitter:@Mobile_Dom

ZTE did say the Skate was delayed because of a CPU change, I am thinking they changed it a ARMv7

i hope they did change it for a ARMv7 processor, would be better than then ARMv6 ni our blades

k0zmic

k0zmic

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

i hope they did change it for a ARMv7 processor, would be better than then ARMv6 ni our blades

It's capable of Flash but whether it's ARM v7 is unknown.

EDIT: I think it's ARM v6

Press Release regarding the processor: http://gadgets.tmcne...-processors.htm

Specs

http://pdadb.net/ind...ualcomm_msm7627

Edited by k0zmic, 28 June 2011 - 09:33 PM.

WAWA72

WAWA72

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade__not booting
Where are the earphones? badword, no earphones? Not with me...

cmberry20

cmberry20

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Devices:San Franciso
Orange will have to be VERY careful with its pricing. If its £180 to £200 then they will be pricing the phone out of the market cos a Desire can be purchased for around £200 & its beats the Skate on every level apart from screen size.

They MUST price it £150 or less for it to sell as well as the Blade has.

TCA

TCA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
You guys have almost put me off the Monte Carlo already. I want a cheap unlockable smartphone for internet surfing, checking email and using Skype instant messaging, so am all in favour of the big screen. Given my eyesight isn't what is used to be either. I've seen the Skate demos from the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona and it doesn't look too big to handle either. The guy in the video had small stubby hands and seemed to cope well enough!

I want to be able perform internet surfing, checking email and using Skype instant messaging wirelessly from my broadband connection at home and from Wi-Fi hotspots when out and about, so have been considering the San Francisco for some time but waiting to see how the rebranded Skate pans out.

Can anyone comment on operation of the above functions with relation to OSF screen size, wireless funtionality etc..? For what I want to do, is a bigger screen, a faster (or higher clocked) processor and Android 2.3 going to make much of a difference?

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade (OLED)

You guys have almost put me off the Monte Carlo already. I want a cheap unlockable smartphone for internet surfing, checking email and using Skype instant messaging, so am all in favour of the big screen. Given my eyesight isn't what is used to be either. I've seen the Skate demos from the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona and it doesn't look too big to handle either. The guy in the video had small stubby hands and seemed to cope well enough!

I want to be able perform internet surfing, checking email and using Skype instant messaging wirelessly from my broadband connection at home and from Wi-Fi hotspots when out and about, so have been considering the San Francisco for some time but waiting to see how the rebranded Skate pans out.

Can anyone comment on operation of the above functions with relation to OSF screen size, wireless funtionality etc..? For what I want to do, is a bigger screen, a faster (or higher clocked) processor and Android 2.3 going to make much of a difference?

none of your requirements warrant anything better than the blade. A faster processor, bigger screen, and newer software will obviously provide a slightly better user experience though.

TCA

TCA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
thanks daniel. if the difference is £50 between the MC and SF then i'll seriously be considering the new one. i need to be able to unlock it though (for use overseas) and the fact that it has newer software might be less stressful than using a custom ROM for a novice like me. although i'm sure i'd love to be rid of the Orange bloatware, the thought of ending up with a "brick", as many on this forum seem to do, is a bit off-putting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users