3 replies to this topic

kennyboye

kennyboye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:touch HD
Hours of trawling has yet to solve a simple problem:

Is there an app that allows you to turn off the device with a timer (as per iOS)?

I love listening to music and videos (yeh wierd I know) to fall asleep but cannot do this with android as the phone just stays on until the battery drains.

I thought this would be a no-brainer but it appears there are no apps for this; the closest I got was "Shutdown Timer" which doesnt actually work (at all).

Alternatively is there a custom ROM that includes this function?

Grand Masters of Android please share your wisdom....

kennyboye

kennyboye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:touch HD

Hours of trawling has yet to solve a simple problem:

Is there an app that allows you to turn off the device with a timer (as per iOS)?

I love listening to music and videos (yeh wierd I know) to fall asleep but cannot do this with android as the phone just stays on until the battery drains.

I thought this would be a no-brainer but it appears there are no apps for this; the closest I got was "Shutdown Timer" which doesnt actually work (at all).

Alternatively is there a custom ROM that includes this function?

Grand Masters of Android please share your wisdom....

Just to update for the trawlers; I have managed to find a paid app called ACT 1 VIDEO PLAYER. Not free but actually had a sleep timer that works. Also has an option to run with the screen turned off. Only for video but at least something.

Any free options out there please share!

prusling

prusling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I use the sleep timers in TuneIn for radio and PowerAmp for music; these stop playback but don't actually turn off the phone.

I don't use a sleep timer with video, so sorry I can't help with that.

dfghggfgfd

dfghggfgfd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
You could have a simple "timer" by choosing the amount of music/video you want to listen/watch, and of course disable auto-repeat.

Playing will stop after it reaches the end of your playlist or video. This doesn´t power off the phone, but this is not really necessary, you can switch the phone to Offline-mode when you go to sleep. A night in offline-mode is likely to draw less power then a complete booting of the phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users