Flash on Skate?

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Guest SeanJacko

Hi all

We had a query regarding whether the Skate would be able to play Flash. This isn't really one for a Blade forum... I'm sure there'll be a more suitable home for this one soon. But until that time, here's the ZTE view regarding Flash on Skate.

"There seems to be some confusion as people are under the impression that the Skate is an ARMv7 device so will naturally support Adobe’s Flash 10.3. This appears to be a misunderstanding. The Skate is not ARMv7, but rather high performance ARMv6. That said, while this can technically support Flash – commercial agreements need to be put in place between ZTE, the operators carrying the Skate and Adobe, which mean the Skate will not support Flash."

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. :)

Guest cmberry20

Sorry, no sale then.

Without Flash the Skate isnt worth it. It only offers a bigger screen over the Blade - most people here would probably upgrade from a Blade to a Skate if it offered Flash. I was going to upgrade my Blade to a Skate but not now if it doesnt offer Flash.

How many potential customers will ZTE blade loose now!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but ZTE have dropped the ball & screwed up!

Edited by cmberry20

Guest q123456

This phone will be epic fail. Frankly not a big update from blade. Why should anyone spend 150 quid for device that even does not support flash?

Guest Magnets

I don't really see that the skate offers that much extra to be worthy of an upgrade.

• Larger screen (can be seen as a disadvantage)
  • longer battery life
  • better camera
  • LED flash
  • slightly faster processor

But it's larger/heavier.

Why are people so excited about it? Just because it's new? We haven't even seen a price yet, only the rumored £180 unsubsidised.

Flash support is one of the major drawbacks of the blade and the next Android phone I buy will *need* flash support.

Guest WAWA72

I will wait for ZTE Blade II with Flash. :rolleyes:

I dont wanna buy a bigger Blade. :)

I dream for Flash. Who wants to dream with me ? :rolleyes:

Guest cmberry20

Thing is Flash support is nothing new. The Blade was a dissapointment that it DIDNT support Flash but this was forgivable because of the price. Now almost 12 months on the Skate doesnt even have it!!!

Epic Fail!!!

Guest Simon O

I've owned Android devices that support Flash and honestly it's not that good. Apart from BBC iPlayer and a few crappy Kongragate games, what else do you really need flash content for on a mobile device?

Guest Simon O
This phone will be epic fail. Frankly not a big update from blade. Why should anyone spend 150 quid for device that even does not support flash?

Faster CPU, larger screen, Android 2.3 out of the box. It's a huge update over the blade.

You have to realise that, even though the Blade is a very popular phone for modding, only a small percentage of purchasers will be interested in running third party created roms. The San Francisco came with Android 2.1 which is pretty out of date so less than a year later being able to upgrade to a newer phone with a newer version of Android is a tempting offer and many will purchase the Skate.

Guest jeddy1
Faster CPU, larger screen, Android 2.3 out of the box. It's a huge update over the blade.

You have to realise that, even though the Blade is a very popular phone for modding, only a small percentage of purchasers will be interested in running third party created roms. The San Francisco came with Android 2.1 which is pretty out of date so less than a year later being able to upgrade to a newer phone with a newer version of Android is a tempting offer and many will purchase the Skate.

that made my night :)!

u are totally right but maybe they wanna play zynga poker on their skate :rolleyes:

i dont care about flash

i love skate but it could have better proccesor at least !

Guest iKrautDroid

I dont care about flash!

You install it,use it once and then never use it again!

But I want an arm7 cpu!

With arm6 Ill be missing out on the latest games and of course the awesome miui rom.

Im really not sure if I want to pay 150pounds for it.

Guest Gx3k

For someone like me who didn't have an android phone before (I have an Advent vega though) and my last phone is very ancient (a cheap china phone), the Monte Carlo seems to be a great deal if its around 150 pounds. Does anyone know if this can be used as a Sat Nav? The large screen is quite good for it :)

Guest dibbles

Providing that the price is as competitive as the San Fran has been then I think that the Skate is going to be a very good phone. I like having flash on my Advent Vega tablet (10.1") but I am not bothered about it being on my phone or not. As for playing certain games which will only run on the ARMv7 CPU well I have my tablet for that. Playing Angry Birds etc is so much better on my tablet than my phone. Playing something like Paper Toss or Refraction is what I have on my San Fran. My fingers are far to fat and cludgy to play AB on such a small screen of the SF or even the Skate.

Guest chemicalbuz

qualcomm officially announced that it's working with adobe to fully flash support on 7227 800mhz devices so very soon also skate will support flash

Guest Foordy

are we forgetting sky fire? its an alternative to no flash at all and does a good job!

the zte skate will be overatted but depending on the price i would buy this...only if the price is right;)!

Guest XiaoKai

:) that is bad news

i am willing to pay a wee bit more if it supported flash

however its not extremely important, but as it does not have flash that does incline me to have a look at other android phones below then £200 mark

i am looking forward to the skate i hope the price is right.

my racer is really really really slow even for skype

Guest Simon O

There is a Flash 10 apk that should work on the Skate floating around. It's in the Blade forum and some people have some success running.

Guest Cirno

Well I just wanted to drop by and say it seems like here in sweden we have 2 different Skate listed.

One with 800MHz, Turbo clocked 7227 and the other one with CPU clocked at 1GHz, I dunno if its 7230/8225 or something else.

Guest XiaoKai
Well I just wanted to drop by and say it seems like here in sweden we have 2 different Skate listed.

One with 800MHz, Turbo clocked 7227 and the other one with CPU clocked at 1GHz, I dunno if its 7230/8225 or something else.

have u got links to the store

Guest ThermalDroid
Hi all

We had a query regarding whether the Skate would be able to play Flash. This isn't really one for a Blade forum... I'm sure there'll be a more suitable home for this one soon. But until that time, here's the ZTE view regarding Flash on Skate.

"There seems to be some confusion as people are under the impression that the Skate is an ARMv7 device so will naturally support Adobe’s Flash 10.3. This appears to be a misunderstanding. The Skate is not ARMv7, but rather high performance ARMv6. That said, while this can technically support Flash – commercial agreements need to be put in place between ZTE, the operators carrying the Skate and Adobe, which mean the Skate will not support Flash."

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. :blink:

Hasn;t there been delays over which processor is to be used? Could you confirm?

Guest WilliamB
Notice how the Orange site gives no details as to which version could be coming :blink: Fingers crossed! :)

The Orange press release states theirs will have 800Mhz processor http://newsroom.orange.co.uk/2011/07/06/or...-across-the-uk/

The one on Hantec states 1Ghz MSM 7227-T. so it won't play flash either. With all the speculation surrounding the processor nobody seems to have noticed it only has 256MB RAM http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/5236/...-free-unlocked- and they want £227.99 for pre-order :huh:

I personally think the Orange price will be around £120. Anymore than that and the Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 would just be to tempting at £173.95. Smaller 3.8 inch screen but 1Ghz processor that can be overclocked to 1.5Ghz, 512MB RAM, Flash, 802.11n WI-FI and 720p video recording.

I've held off buying a second hand SGS for ages waiting for this phone. but I now think it is a bit of a disappointment. No flash, No deal!

Edited by WilliamB