Flash on Skate?

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Guest ThermalDroid

Hmm forgot about the orange spec sheet, and If its anything over £150 its pointless because I can get a much classier Samsung ACE for that much....

Guest Atomix86
Hmm forgot about the orange spec sheet, and If its anything over £150 its pointless because I can get a much classier Samsung ACE for that much....

Precisely, glad to see somebody else on here with some sense. Even IF the Monte Carlo ends up with a 1ghz CPU, its still ancient 7227 architecture, and its coupled with the decaying Adreno 200. Think I might just give up on it tbh.

Guest Simon O
The Orange press release states theirs will have 800Mhz processor http://newsroom.orange.co.uk/2011/07/06/or...-across-the-uk/

The one on Hantec states 1Ghz MSM 7227-T. so it won't play flash either. With all the speculation surrounding the processor nobody seems to have noticed it only has 256MB RAM http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/5236/...-free-unlocked- and they want £227.99 for pre-order :blink:

They are listing incorrect specs. The Skate is definitely 512MB RAM.

Guest Simon O
Precisely, glad to see somebody else on here with some sense. Even IF the Monte Carlo ends up with a 1ghz CPU, its still ancient 7227 architecture, and its coupled with the decaying Adreno 200. Think I might just give up on it tbh.

Aye, it is a little disappointing they didn't put a better CPU into this thing. But I believe there aren't any 1GHz 7227 CPUs so... if it IS 1GHz... what CPU is it :blink:

Guest k0zmic
if it IS 1GHz... what CPU is it :blink:

I want to know that as well.

I very much doubt it, but could it be this as it's the lowest end 1GHz Qualcomm processor I could find, but it's ARM v7 and it's a 7230.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest ThermalDroid
I want to know that as well.

I very much doubt it, but could it be this as it's the lowest end 1GHz Qualcomm processor I could find, but it's ARM v7 and it's a 7230.

+1

Guest k0zmic

Just found this: http://www.modem3g.com/zte-skate-android-smartphone.html

Quick Overview

* 5.0 Mega Pixel camera with high clearity

* 4.3 inches TFT color touchscreen

* Memory capacity up to 32 GB

* Android OS, v2.3(Gingerbread)

* 800 MHz Scorpion processor

The processor linked above in my last post, the MSM 7230 is also a Scorpion,

Type: MSM7230

Manufacturer: Qualcomm

Year Released: 2010

Instruction Set

Supported Instruction Set(s): ARMv7

CPU Core: Qualcomm Scorpion

Edited by k0zmic

Guest k0zmic
I was thinking about getting an ACE but since this has much higher screen res and I take it it's definitly ARM7?

No, I wouldn't rely on just one source TBH. It might be wrong but it's the only thing I could find so I felt it might be worth a mention.

Personally, if I were in your position I'd wait if it's confirmed by ZTE or if some website gets a hands on with an ARM v7 Skate and actually confirms it.

I'm still confused though.

Guest ThermalDroid

No, I wouldn't rely on just one source TBH. It might be wrong but it's the only thing I could find so I felt it might be worth a mention.

Personally, if I were in your position I'd wait if it's confirmed by ZTE or if some website gets a hands on with an ARM v7 Skate and actually confirms it.

I'm still confused though.

I think there was an android police article stating that ZTE had switched "an unannounced phone" to a 1GHz processor with ARM7, and they had a pic of the skate, again can't remember if it was android police or not unsure.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sej7278

The Skate is not ARMv7, but rather high performance ARMv6. That said, while this can technically support Flash

how can it technically support flash when it doesn't have an arm7 instruction set? the speed is irrelevant, you could give us a 2ghz arm6 and it still wouldn't run flash (or firefox, or google talk video) as adobe et al don't build for arm6.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Simon O

how can it technically support flash when it doesn't have an arm7 instruction set? the speed is irrelevant, you could give us a 2ghz arm6 and it still wouldn't run flash (or firefox, or google talk video) as adobe et al don't build for arm6.

Actually... Adobe do have an ARM6 build of Flash they only provide to manufacturers. The MSM7227-T is one of the chipsets that can run this version of flash correct. But I do not know if it'll be installed on the phone... not long to wait!

Guest sej7278

Actually... Adobe do have an ARM6 build of Flash they only provide to manufacturers. The MSM7227-T is one of the chipsets that can run this version of flash correct. But I do not know if it'll be installed on the phone... not long to wait!

interesting, but we've still got to hope its that specific chip and that zte does a deal (as its not on market) and that still leaves us out of luck with firefox/gtalk :(