Froyo 2.2.2 stock rom

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

thanks to this update here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...r-chinese-v880/

and hedgepigdaniels work here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...howtopic=342403

I'm now running 2.2.2 on my blade with the china unicom amss.mbn fully working. actual rom name is UNI_CN_P729CUV1.0.0B14, froyo release 2.2.2.

still working through this, but it looks ideal for someone to make a froyo rom on a stock rom with a build date of 24th June 2011

here's the bad news, china unicom amss.mbn does not enable HSUPA, cant test other frequencies like 850 as not available in uk.

downgraded back to gen1 and kept imei, chinese amss.mbn also deactivates 256mb ram so no point using.

romdump of it is here http://www.multiupload.com/SM85UI9PWD

there is no android market in the rom, and the libs need changing to work with european blades, and the stock launcher is to MIUI for my tastes

Edited by hecatae

Guest shmizan

ok, so, I really wanna try the 850 MHz frequency.

currently running Cyanogen Green v5 with wbaw's GEN 2 TPT v7b.

what needs to be done to turn MY blade to v880 with network?

and how can I reverse everything in case I need to?

It's appsboot.mbn which limits the ram to 256mb. you could probably use one from a european gen2 update (but not from my tpt with the modified partition sizes).

Guest ThermalDroid
It's appsboot.mbn which limits the ram to 256mb. you could probably use one from a european gen2 update (but not from my tpt with the modified partition sizes).

Quick question wbaw what do you use to recompress a ROM? I always get errors with the default mac archive:S

Edited by ThermalDroid

Guest shmizan

hecatae should I revert to Gen 1 before applying this?

this essentially upgrades my phone to Gen 2 using the Windows Method = permanent Gen 2, right?

it means I can't revert to Gen 1 unless using the way described in the windows flashing method topic?

Guest hecatae

thats correct, I would revert to gen1 first before trying this, you can revert to gen1 after the gen2 windows flash following hedgepigdaniels sticky at the top of this forum.

Guest shmizan

ok testing is done.

3G 850 MHz is NOT available using the Chinese amss.mbn

I guess that means 3G 850 MHz isn't available at all. not in the Chinese or any other firmware.

this is really strange since it DOES say it supports it in the phone specs, but we have tried every single amss.mbn out there (Chinese + all european) and none provide it.

what do you think?

Guest KACE_231
ok testing is done.

3G 850 MHz is NOT available using the Chinese amss.mbn

I guess that means 3G 850 MHz isn't available at all. not in the Chinese or any other firmware.

this is really strange since it DOES say it supports it in the phone specs, but we have tried every single amss.mbn out there (Chinese + all european) and none provide it.

what do you think?

I think the supposedly enabled band is 2G(GSM) only, NOT 3G(UMTS) so can you test that as well?

Edited by KACE_231

Guest shmizan

why would you think that? in ZTE's website, the info on the v880 model says "UMTS 850(900), 2100" = 3G

I have no way to check 2G 850 MHz. but enabling that was never a problem. single NV item that can be changed in any firmware..

Guest hecatae
why would you think that? in ZTE's website, the info on the v880 model says "UMTS 850(900), 2100" = 3G

I have no way to check 2G 850 MHz. but enabling that was never a problem. single NV item that can be changed in any firmware..

yep zte specifications state 850mhz 3g for the v880, and we have just fully flashed all software via flasher and it's not been enabled, at a loss of what to do now

Guest shmizan

we've covered the entire Software front.

I see no other option but a Hardware difference.

any thoughts?

also, hecatae, how did you get hsUpa a few months back?

Guest hecatae
we've covered the entire Software front.

I see no other option but a Hardware difference.

any thoughts?

also, hecatae, how did you get hsUpa a few months back?

combination of a bad network provider called o2 uk and a dodgy speed test application

Guest hedgepigdaniel
combination of a bad network provider called o2 uk and a dodgy speed test application

lol, now you tell me!

Guest shmizan

yeah haha we were counting on that, now our dreams are shattered :)

cpg, hedgepigdaniel and myself have nothing to live for now :rolleyes:

Guest hedgepigdaniel
yeah haha we were counting on that, now our dreams are shattered :)

cpg, hedgepigdaniel and myself have nothing to live for now :rolleyes:

I have no stone to call my own...