Newbee Question

Guest phibrybout

Guest phibrybout

Ok this is my first post and I DON'T understand a lot of the information on this site! I have an Omnia i920 and have had it for close to a year. i have figured out how to download some apps and get them to work but that is about it.

1. I am currently running 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.21863. Is there an update to this and also if I install the update will all of my downlaoded apps have to be re-installed?

2. One of the apps that I downloaded is WalkingHotSpot. After I installed the internet sharing software this app has been truely amazing. However just yesterday I discovered that it is no longer working. To my knowledge I have not changed anything on my phone to make this app quit working. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all responses!

Guest amdzero
Ok this is my first post and I DON'T understand a lot of the information on this site! I have an Omnia i920 and have had it for close to a year. i have figured out how to download some apps and get them to work but that is about it.

1. I am currently running 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.21863. Is there an update to this and also if I install the update will all of my downlaoded apps have to be re-installed?

2. One of the apps that I downloaded is WalkingHotSpot. After I installed the internet sharing software this app has been truely amazing. However just yesterday I discovered that it is no longer working. To my knowledge I have not changed anything on my phone to make this app quit working. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all responses!

1. There are no official releases for you to take advantage of. There are leaked branches of the Windows Mobile OS, that many chefs have left here for you to partake. If you do flash a new OS, then yes you must re-install all your apps. There are programs that can help with back up and restore, I prefer SPB Backup.

2. There are a few apps that can do Tethering for you, I can't remember which ones. I use Comm Manager that comes with Sense, but I haven't been able to extract it as a single program.

I used WMWIFIRouter in the past but its a pay program and the trial doesn't last long.

Guest nickmo20

The only thing you could do is do an official update through verizon/samsung called the DG21 update (if you haven't done so already). As far as your purchased hotspot app, uninstall, and then reinstall, then soft reset your phone... sometimes it helps to remove the battery for about 10 seconds but it just depends on the situation...