when will HCDR.Jacob start working on CM7??

Guest cooldfuzion

Guest Cirno
He is away for a week and also waiting for his U8800.

You can't rush perfection :)

Hahaha.

You can't rush perfection :rolleyes:

Lovely way to put it out :rolleyes:

Guest jchamier
He is away for a week and also waiting for his U8800.

His U8800 should be waiting for him tomorrow to return from his trip :)

Guest Simon O

Give him a few weeks to get to grips with the phone and get the basic config going. Genokolar and dzo are working on a CM7 port so hopefully they'll be able to work with Jacob so we have the benefit of an official CM7 version.

Guest cooldfuzion
Give him a few weeks to get to grips with the phone and get the basic config going. Genokolar and dzo are working on a CM7 port so hopefully they'll be able to work with Jacob so we have the benefit of an official CM7 version.

DzO made a port of the oxigen rom from desire, is he working in a CM7 port to??

Edited by cooldfuzion

Guest cooldfuzion
Yeah visit @xda they made it to beta 2.1, hopefully Jacob will join their train and fix more.

Nice :) thanks mate

Guest mesnati
Yeah visit @xda they made it to beta 2.1, hopefully Jacob will join their train and fix more.

Can you post link to beta 2.1?

Brgds,

S:

Guest That-Guy

Please note that version of Cyanogen in not an official release!

HCDRJacob will be sorting an official version and getting it merged :)

Guest Cirno
Please note that version of Cyanogen in not an official release!

HCDRJacob will be sorting an official version and getting it merged :)

But when :X

At the moment it looks like the unofficial will be done properly before the official one will be merged !

Guest That-Guy

At the moment it looks like the unofficial will be done properly before the official one will be merged !

He has already started, but for a truly reliable ROM it will take time.

I am pretty sure he will be sorting official ClockworkMod too so we will be able to Download CM7 Install, Update etc all through ROM Manager :)

I will be waiting for that, FLB is working spot on for me!

Guest cooldfuzion
He has already started, but for a truly reliable ROM it will take time.

I am pretty sure he will be sorting official ClockworkMod too so we will be able to Download CM7 Install, Update etc all through ROM Manager :)

I will be waiting for that, FLB is working spot on for me!

Nice mate :rolleyes: keep us posted

Guest HCDR.Jacob

I'd love to know your definition of "properly".

Truth is, yeah they're doing it quicker, but they're doing it in a fuckugly way which will break builds on other devices and won't merge cleanly.

Hacking together a port doesn't take long. Doing it properly does.

Patience is a virtue. Progress is being made. I'll have news soon.

Guest noein

I'd love to know your definition of "properly".

Truth is, yeah they're doing it quicker, but they're doing it in a fuckugly way which will break builds on other devices and won't merge cleanly.

Hacking together a port doesn't take long. Doing it properly does.

Patience is a virtue. Progress is being made. I'll have news soon.

This made me laugh.

Who cares if it's official or not. First, it has to be bugfree, decent and proper for daily use. Then you tune it for merging without ****** up the rest. One good example is the hilariously awful job on ZTE Blade's CM7. It's official yay; but it's crap.

While you're busy making it good for merging, dzo and company are fixing and improving it which is the true work.

You better not take any credits for this port. Hell, stay out of it or join them.

Edited by noein

Guest HCDR.Jacob

This made me laugh.

Who cares if it's official or not. First, it has to be bugfree, decent and proper for daily use. Then you tune it for merging without ****** up the rest. One good example is the hilariously awful job on ZTE Blade's CM7. It's official yay; but it's crap.

While you're busy making it good for merging, dzo and company are fixing and improving it which is the true work.

You better not take any credits for this port. Hell, stay out of it.

LMAO. Telling me not to take credits? Dude, I'm doing this my way. Their port is absolutely awful and the ugliest piece of s*** I've ever seen.

Sure it works, but they're just mindlessly pulling in files from CAF. It's not a good way to go.

And I don't understand your problem with CM7 on Blade? It runs fine on both my Orange San Francisco and my ZTE-U v880 (China Unicom), so uhmm enlighten me please...

This is exactly the reason I stick to twitter.

Guest noein

By an awful port you mean a CM with almost everything fixed and properly working?

You try too hard to make it official when the first thing to be done is fix it.

When you use their fixes on your port, remember the credits then. ;)

And I'm sorry to break it to you but out there you don't have much credibility aside from a kid way over his head who likes to claim crappy CM7 merges.

Edited by noein

Guest Phoenix Silver

This made me laugh.

You better not take any credits for this port. Hell, stay out of it or join them.

CM7 works very fine in my blade

I don't see the problem ?

For HCDRJacob let time to the time. He is a good dev. He'll do something great i'm sure :)

Edited by Phoenix Silver