Photo

when will HCDR.Jacob start working on CM7??

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

demolition23

demolition23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid
I just hope someday soon Jacob will share his builds with us..

Sent from my IDEOS X5

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts

Hello,

You may have seen me posting in the past couple of days about getting a U8800, and trying to help out a little bit. I work on CyanogenMod and maintain the HTC Wildfire and ZTE Blade builds. I'd really love to work on the U8800, but unfortunately, there is not a lot I can do for the U8800 until I get one for myself. I have tried developing for a device without actually owning it before, and it's something I'd rather not go through again.

As such, I plan to purchase a U8800 as soon as I can, but I'm only 17 and my part time job really doesn't pay me much. It could take me 2-3 months before I have enough to buy one.

I was wondering if any of you would be interested in donating towards a device? I hate to ask, but I really want to help you guys out and it's the only way I can see it realistically happening any time soon. I promise that any money which gets sent to my paypal (link in my signature) will be used solely for a U8800, and I promise that I'll get you a properly working CyanogenMod 7 build as soon as I can once I get the device.

Thanks in advance to anybody who is willing to donate,
Jacob

^ that was his post in xda. i post that here just so you can see that the "deal" (yes that is a bad word but i hope you can get my point there) was to buy him a u8800 and he will in return release an official cm!
even though i only asked for him to post here about what is going on with some details and some kind of an ETA! i dont want to kill him hang him or whatever, i just want some info cause we at least deserve that (specially the ppl that donated)

I have higlighted a specific part of his message which people are missing. No promise was made that CM7 would be made available by a specific time, only when he can. Jacob has had to deal with a lot of personal problems which means things like CM7 had to take a backseat for a long period of time. I know there are some people selfish enough not to give a s**t about his personal issues and just keep on demanding that he releases CM7. After all, you paid for it right? Stop being so stupid. You donated a device to a developer to start work on a port. It became clear that it wasn't going to be as easy as first thought, it was further delayed due to very serious personal problems and it's taken a lot longer than expected. But in the words of CyanogenMod.. the first rule of CyanogenMod is that you do not ask for ETAs.

If you desperately want to run CM7 then go and use the port that genokolar put together. I know for a fact that code developed by Jacob was sent to genokolar, dzo and stockwell and a large portion was uses in their own roms. So if you still think Jacob has not released anything then you need to think again.

tl;dr: You donated to get a device to a developer who made no promises how long it would take. Personal life happened, things got delayed, code was given to other developers to keep the community happy. Work still goes on. When it's done, it's done. Don't ask for an ETA.

iakoboss7

iakoboss7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800
its bad asking for info too? cause if you read better my post (and the posts above) my main target is to ask for INFO about how is he going, what has been done, what works, what not, and MAYBE how long will it take to see a release (an estimation).

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
Can we lock this thread now, we seem to be going around in circles :rolleyes: :lol:

Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 - Rooted & Unlocked
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 (un-modified) | Partitions: Stock Partition Layout

....:::: Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800 ::::....
Rooting | Custom ROMs | ClockworkMod | Themes | Other Hacks & Tweaks

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

WEBSITE - TWITTER - GOOGLE+ - BLOG

NeostarNeko

NeostarNeko

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800
  • Twitter:@NeostarNeko
true ^^

Posted Image
..:: Huawei U8800 ::..
..:: Recovery: CWM-based Recovery 5.0.2.7 ::..
..:: Rom:
Android 2.3.5 - Stock (rooted) ::..
..:: Kernel:
2.6.35.7 :: Partitions: Stock ::..
..:: Google+ :: Grab Free Space in the Clouds!! ::..

HCDR.Jacob

HCDR.Jacob

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:HTC One, N4, N7
  • Twitter:@HCDRJacob
I'm sick of this s***.

./suicide

Maintainer of CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Blade and HTC Wildfire.

Donate to me if you appreciate my work.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users