Flash the recovery via LGMDP.
- Browse to the folder where you unpacked the ZIP and run LGMDP-v1.5.exe
- Click Download in menu
- Select Port
- Choose your phone, click Connect
- Click Image Folder button, browse to the directory where you unpacked this
- Click OK about 3 times on the warnings
- Close the window
- Click Download button
- Let it do the job. It will backup your IMEI and MACs to .NV2 file, reboot your phone, flash recovery and restore the NV2 backup. Do NOT interrupt it or disconnect your phone until it says "Download complete"! Do NOT delete the NV2 backup!
Done! Now when you press Home + Volume Down + Power, you should find yourself in your shiny new custom recovery. Now you can flash a rooted ROM via flash zip menu.
Q: Can I just quickly root my stock ROM after flashing recovery? I do not want a custom ROM.
A: Yes. Download su-220.127.116.11-efgh-signed.zip and flash it from recovery. Reboot, download Busybox Installer from the market, run and install busybox on your phone.
su_18.104.22.168_efgh_signed.zip 289.79K 63 downloads
works on 2.2 2.2.1 2.2.2 and 2.3.3,
Edited by hecatae, 11 July 2011 - 08:26 PM.