vega advice please

Guest technomaniac

Guest technomaniac
The easyest way is via clockwork tbh, root your device using z4root and then use rom manager to flash clockwork Mod and then use Vega recover loader to boot into clockwork. You can find all the .apk online

Thanks SW,

Right so first of I need to get clockwork running? Any links please? Whats the easiest way?

Thanks Techno

Guest phil8715
Thanks SW,

Right so first of I need to get clockwork running? Any links please? Whats the easiest way?

Thanks Techno

1.Transfer the rom to your sd card

2. If you have the recovery icon and clockworkmod installed just press the recovery icon then it will reboot into Clockworkmod.

3.When in Clockworkmod scroll down to backup and restore and choose backup.

4. then you need to wipe user data/factory reset/wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache , which can be found if you scroll down to advanced.

5. press the back key and it willl take you to the main menu, select install zip from sd card select it then select choose zipfrom sd card scroll down to the rom name in this case Corvus5. zip select it and it will install

Guest technomaniac
1.Transfer the rom to your sd card

2. If you have the recovery icon and clockworkmod installed just press the recovery icon then it will reboot into Clockworkmod.

3.When in Clockworkmod scroll down to backup and restore and choose backup.

4. then you need to wipe user data/factory reset/wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache , which can be found if you scroll down to advanced.

5. press the back key and it willl take you to the main menu, select install zip from sd card select it then select choose zipfrom sd card scroll down to the rom name in this case Corvus5. zip select it and it will install

Thanks phil,

Sounds just like on the ZTE Blade. Couple of questions:

1. What is the easiest way to get clockwork on? Idiots guide would be nice, I currently have a stock out of the box tablet. 2. Where do I download the latest Corvus5?

Thanks again Techno

Guest mxbob
Thanks phil,

1. What is the easiest way to get clockwork on? Idiots guide would be nice, I currently have a stock out of the box tablet. 2. Where do I download the latest Corvus5?

Thanks again Techno

These two threads should have everything you need

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...asy-install-v2/

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...vus-teamed-rom/

Guest phil8715
Thanks phil,

Thanks again Techno

Download the clockworkmod to your pc, extract the file.

Connect your Vega to your pc

Open audi by right clicking and selecting run as administrator

A box just follow the instructions, when the box on the bottom left goes green it means it has found the drivers. Then press close.

Go into where you have extracted the clockworkmod file and select windows.bat a black dos screen appears and a few lines of code appear.

When it has finished unplug the Vega, boot it up and then reboot into recovery if it has worked it will boot into clockworkmod.

Good luck.

Guest technomaniac
Download the clockworkmod to your pc, extract the file.

Connect your Vega to your pc

Open audi by right clicking and selecting run as administrator

A box just follow the instructions, when the box on the bottom left goes green it means it has found the drivers. Then press close.

Go into where you have extracted the clockworkmod file and select windows.bat a black dos screen appears and a few lines of code appear.

When it has finished unplug the Vega, boot it up and then reboot into recovery if it has worked it will boot into clockworkmod.

Good luck.

Thanks mate,

Does anyone have any download links for audi and clockworkmod please as I have been unable to download them from this site.

Cheers Greame

Guest Adam:)
Thanks mate,

Does anyone have any download links for audi and clockworkmod please as I have been unable to download them from this site.

Cheers Greame

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1041036

thats clockwork mod, to get it on the vega, just download and follow the instructions. but do bare in mind i think u need the usb drivers before

so u need Audi

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...iver-installer/

But i may be wrong, so correct me if i am guys.

Guest technomaniac

Hi all,

I have fallen at the first. I have all the files I need clockwork, audi and the corvus5.zip.

I booted up the tablet and connected it to my pc and ran audi. If I want to install clockwork what option do I need to choose? ADB or recovery mode?

one option is saying your vega is not in ADB mode and the other your vega is not in recovery.

Can I get some help please?

Cheers techno

Guest ursulavasey
Hi all,

I have fallen at the first. I have all the files I need clockwork, audi and the corvus5.zip.

I booted up the tablet and connected it to my pc and ran audi. If I want to install clockwork what option do I need to choose? ADB or recovery mode?

one option is saying your vega is not in ADB mode and the other your vega is not in recovery.

Can I get some help please?

Cheers techno

The only thing I can think of is that you haven't switched on USB debugging. Switch on USB debugging, but leave USB storage switched off. Reboot both the Vega and the computer and go again, making sure that USB debugging is on.

Guest technomaniac
The only thing I can think of is that you haven't switched on USB debugging. Switch on USB debugging, but leave USB storage switched off. Reboot both the Vega and the computer and go again, making sure that USB debugging is on.

Thanks, but I got it done. not entirely sure how. Time to have fun.

Thanks all untill the next problem :)

Techno

Guest technomaniac

Hi all,

Been up and running a couple of days now and I am very pleased with my purchase. Very pleased with the speed of this rom. Hit a couple of snags though, In youtube how do you get the menu up as there is no button for it?

I went to the Ceebies website with my daughter but it said that I need to upgrade to the latest version of flash, I could not see an update zip on the corvus5 thread. Could someone point me in the right direction please. Am I right in saying that updates are installed using clockwork.

Thanks again

Techno.

PS . I changed the default wallpaper and can not find it again, where is it stored please?

Guest Yogimax
Been up and running a couple of days now and I am very pleased with my purchase. Very pleased with the speed of this rom. Hit a couple of snags though, In youtube how do you get the menu up as there is no button for it?

In Corvus5 hold the back button in for the menu options

I went to the Ceebies website with my daughter but it said that I need to upgrade to the latest version of flash, I could not see an update zip on the corvus5 thread. Could someone point me in the right direction please. Am I right in saying that updates are installed using clockwork.

Just download and install the latest version of flash straight from the market.

I'm not sure where the wallpapers are stored though if you have lost one.

Edited by Yogimax

Guest technomaniac
In Corvus5 hold the back button in for the menu options

Just download and install the latest version of flash straight from the market.

I'm not sure where the wallpapers are stored though if you have lost one.

Thanks Yogimax, good stuff.

Cheers

Techno