3 replies to this topic

travelbug

travelbug

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Devices:samsung galaxy s2
im new to the android community but ive been hearing some stories about security concerns and hacking in mobile phones.
i really wanted to setup a free vpn on my sg2 but i havent found any free alternatives that work. i use proxpn on my laptop, but unfortunately the free version doesnt support vpn on mobile devices.

so short of using a vpn, are the samsung hubs safe? do they transmit data via https?

Samsung Galaxy S II
Android 2.3.4
gingerbread.xxkg2
villainROM 2.1.0
baseband xxkg3

travelbug

travelbug

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
no one has any idea?

Samsung Galaxy S II
Android 2.3.4
gingerbread.xxkg2
villainROM 2.1.0
baseband xxkg3

mvheuver

mvheuver

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade / Samsung Galaxy S2

no one has any idea?

I froze all the hubs with Titanium as I don't see the point of them, apparently you can get more battery life out of the thing if you freeze all of the hub apps.

Free software can only be the "germs" of a new society, as it cannot involve the total production. For the free software movement to truly take prime position, society has to change. [The problem with the computer industry under capitalism - Free Software the answer?]

travelbug

travelbug

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

I froze all the hubs with Titanium as I don't see the point of them, apparently you can get more battery life out of the thing if you freeze all of the hub apps.

I actually like the social hub as i like having all my communication messages and feeds under one suite.
Just wondering if it uses ssl or some other form of encryption while sending data

Samsung Galaxy S II
Android 2.3.4
gingerbread.xxkg2
villainROM 2.1.0
baseband xxkg3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users