• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Richard B

Richard B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z
So I went to android.madaco and used their online kitchen to download a custom rom for my desire z. I have also done this for my nexus s and it worked great. However when I installed the rom on my desire z it froze for 2 days. I finally pulled the battery and now it won't boot. When I first turn it on I get the white HTC screen forever. So I pull the battery and turn it on again while holding the volume down button. I have tried both factory reset and recovery. When I hit either of these it takes me to a clockworkmod recovery v3.0.2.4 screen. I get several choices here. Apply update from sd card, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, install zip from sd card, backup and restore, mounts and storage, advanced and power off. So I tried to install zip from sd card and it does nothing at all it just shows me the clockworkmod symbol and freezes forever. I also pulled the sd card and formatted it and put only the rom on it and it does nothing any different.

jp_hero

jp_hero

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:SGS2, t-mob vivacity, nexus s
  • Twitter:@jp_hero
Did you ever solve this? It should be easy to solve as you can get to recovery.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I am from www.coolsmartphone.com. Visit us for the latest Android news, reviews and app recommendations.

Posted Image

Richard B

Richard B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z
I tried to go to recovery but it doesn't seem to work. It just hangs for hours and hours and even up to 36 hours then I do a battery pull and the samething happens all over again. It seems that somehow the data on the actual phone is corrupt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users