Adobe Flash Player for ARMv6

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1155071

You'll need:

* http://www.multiupload.com/17GFDZMIKV

Instructions:

1. Download and copy to sdcard.

2. Use a file manager and navigate to the apk, install it.

3. Reboot.

Additional notes:

* Make sure to have "unknown sources" enabled on settings > applications.

* It won't work on Opera Mini.

* Only works with gingerbread (to be confirmed).

I've been told it works.

off to try now

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guess this was to go with the release of the zte skate and the expected flash support that was debated about for a couple of months but anyway WOOOOO :)

*pinches myself to make sure this is not a dream

Guest ms20

It works but tbh it's kind of useless. iplayer doesn't work in the app or on the website and other videos didn't run. The Unreal Tournament 3 website is a good test for how well flash runs and in stock browser and dolphin hd it is very choppy.

I think this shows why adobe didn't bother with flash for arm v6 but it's something atleast.

Guest t0mm13b

Have tried it and seems to work on the browser to miniclip.com, mind you I am using SetCPU overclocking to 710Mhz, so that could speed this up significantly.... :) Colours look a bit uhmmm slightly off... but it works nonetheless...

Guest Richard_Arkless

Also tried miniclip at 691mhz and that runs amazingly well so from the looks of it only the video sites are having problems

does tinyshark work with this?

As in the app? Just tried it and it worked fine, what bit requires flash?

EDIT: Just installed adobe air and it installed but apps that require it force closes

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest k0zmic
EDIT: Just installed adobe air and it installed but apps that require it force closes

It's probably because apps that use it are ARM v7 only?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Richard_Arkless
It's probably because apps that use it are ARM v7 only?

Yea guess your right

question now though is will the people that ported this continue their work and port newer versions of flash

The least they should do is share the info with other people so if they were to stop development then someone can still pick up where they left off

Guest appolus
Also tried miniclip at 691mhz and that runs amazingly well so from the looks of it only the video sites are having problems

As in the app? Just tried it and it worked fine, what bit requires flash?

if u want to stream music then flash player need to be included, and tinyshark requires adobe flash. so u could stream music?

Guest knarQ
does tinyshark work with this?

TinyShark works great with this Flash player on SS RLS5 (Froyo), not just the app install but the music streaming as well :) I've been waiting for this one! Also check out http://groovylists.com/ to convert your playlist from Spotify (and iTunes/LastFM) to Grooveshark.

Edited by knarQ

Guest Richard_Arkless

Since last night I have been chucking loads of flash at it and is good at displaying a small amount flash ads (around 2-3) and small games, still havent had luck at finding a video site that does want to work, it begins to load then before it plays it either crashes the phone or the browsers but I think this is a bug with the port

I personally dont see why adobe couldnt have made an armv6 version of flash

Guest appolus
TinyShark works great with this Flash player on SS RLS5 (Froyo), not just the app install but the music streaming as well :) I've been waiting for this one! Also check out http://groovylists.com/ to convert your playlist from Spotify (and iTunes/LastFM) to Grooveshark.

awesome will definetly try this out

Guest drobson67
Have tried it and seems to work on the browser to miniclip.com, mind you I am using SetCPU overclocking to 710Mhz, so that could speed this up significantly.... :blink: Colours look a bit uhmmm slightly off... but it works nonetheless...

Have tried playing flash video with the 10.1 download and xscope pro browser and can confirm the the video is very choppy even when the cpu is overclocked at 710mhz, colours look off with purple and green banding, wonder if there is a way of ajusting the colours?.. Im running cm7 on my blade and wonder if others are having similar problems.

Guest drobson67
Since last night I have been chucking loads of flash at it and is good at displaying a small amount flash ads (around 2-3) and small games, still havent had luck at finding a video site that does want to work, it begins to load then before it plays it either crashes the phone or the browsers but I think this is a bug with the port

its hit and miss at playing flash videos, sometimes like you say it crashes the browser while loading but hasn't crashed my phone yet, its worked for me a couple of times and im using xscope pro but havent tried other browsers yet.