iPhone 3Gs to Android switch, which one?

Guest timmillwood

Guest timmillwood

Time for an upgrade.

I currently have an iPhone 3Gs, tempted to wait for the iPhone 5, but also tempted to switch to Android.

Which one should I get?

All I really use the phone for texting, twitter, web browsing, email.

Guest lemoon

Wait till the iPhone 5 released, as I just read the news from i-funia blog that the iPhone 5 Scheduled for October Release, and then compare to the Android, make right choice!

Edited by lemoon

Guest Blaven

If texting, twittter and those basic stuff are all you do with the phone, do not wait for iPohne 5.

Since it will not be cheap and for basic stuff like that, you can get whatever android phone you want and it will be perfect for it.

Personally I prefer the Sony Ericssons, but that's just something personal.

Sony ericsson does also have TimeScape, which would be perfect for your activities. (Built-in twitter, facebook and mail)

Edited by Blaven

Guest Atomix86

Are you allowed to get a brand new phone upgrade through your contract right now? If so, there truly is a wealth of Android phones to choose from. From what you have said you're either going to need a physical keyboard (in which case I would recommend the HTC Desire Z) or a phone with a decent sized screen (if you want the top of the range something like a Samsung Galaxy S2 or HTC Sensation would be good here, or if you want to save ~£5 a month and get a slightly lower model you could go for an LG Optimus 2x, HTC Desire HD or Samsung Galaxy S).

If you are buying outright (eg. not a contract upgrade) then I would suggest to keep an eye out for special offers or good used deals online.

Hope that helps.