Unlocking bootloader

Guest Moritd

Guest Moritd
it looks like "maxrfon" found wonderful bug in qualcomm mcu bootrom RSA signature verification.

he did not want to share it here, but he shared it for x$$$$, where x not in [0..4] ( will be stupid to do otherwise )

finally bug is published.

what is for ppl here?

that means , yes-yes - total control over secmboot.

REAL "bootloader hack"

of course, exploit, which rewriting semc boot encrypted with some tricks.

but once it runs, it can be defeated, eh ?

so, what i all about.

looks like real deal custom roms will be available for x10

that security hole can't be patched by semc.

it can only be patched by qualcomm, when they will release new chipset batch.

once again, thats great finding by maxrfon.

solution require rooted phone, semc can release unrootable firmware, yes, but who said we can't downgrade.

about risk of damage bootloader... yes, if someone will remove battery during bootloader update, phone became bricked , but it can be fixed, however one need to build testpoint matrix with rx/tx/gnd because bootrom using uart.

btw, that is another way to use that bug, even if semc somehow provide way to prohibit firmware downgrade (which they will not do)

Nice news:)

edit:

@maxrfon:

once again congrats for bug and armadillo-like protection was very fun to reverse on linux.

with jtag it is peace of cake, however without jtag it is kinda pain in the ass

why not sell it, like themida ?

Code:

0009BA00: FE FE FE FE.FE FE FE FE.FE FE FE FE.FE FE FE FE

0009BA10: FE FE FE FE.FE FE FE FE.FE FE 35 ED.87 C7 AC 52

0009BA20: 4F E6 EB 12.FF FF FF FF.FE FE FE FE.FE FE FE FE

0009BA30: FE FE FE FE.FE FE FE FE.FE FE FE 00.00 00 00 C8

0009BA40: 08 00 00 00.00 F0 F0 F0.F0 F0 F0 F0.F0 F0 F0 F0

0009BA50: F0 F0 F0 F0.F0 F0 F0 F0.F0 F0 F0 F0.F0 F0 F0 F0

0009BA60: F0 F0 F0 F0.F0 F0 F0 F0.F0 F0 F0 F0.F0 F0 F0 F0yep, thats means what you think

Edited by Moritd

Guest Moritd

it is from XDA forum and i`ve another Nice news for ya :)

http://www.sonyericsson.com/br/preview/apa...-relacao-ao-2-1

says:

See why it's worth upgrading the operating system of the Xperia ™ X10 when it is launched in the third quarter of 2011.

Basically, the X10, to be upgraded to Gingerbread (Android 2.3), and software will have functions similar to those of the line smartphone Xperia ™ 2011. Sony Ericsson's goal is to offer the most functions of Gingerbread, not to mention the standards that determine the company's range of smartphone features and excellent user experience.

Has not been released the final list of functions that the X10 will win - it is still being worked on by engineers from Sony Ericsson - but as soon as we post this information here in Preview.

In short: Yes, it is worthwhile to upgrade the system because the X10 is undergoing a profound evolution of software, which will operate even more efficiently your hardware.

Now just wait for the update, to make your X10 reborn even better.

Edited by Moritd

Guest wali01x

something from chumby 666 from xda :) So tell us Sony "Ericsson" the question thats asked from ya in this pic and be "HONEST" this time :rolleyes:

post-892571-1310007563_thumb.jpg

Edited by wali01x

Guest Moritd
zdzihu said that bootloader is ready and they are trying to find a safe way of flashing unlocked bootloader to our devices

Lets just wait!!

a paid version has been came out but the Zdzihu will make the free version this weekend or earlier

Edited by Moritd

Guest wali01x
Guys check PTCRB site a new firmware been released update is very close

i did and all i gota say is S.E. are ya mad :blink: are ya mad we messed up your stuff with the title posted :huh: the "BOOTLOADER" :) R YA MAD we can dual boot :P are ya mad that we're good :D

Guest NoDiskNoFun

why this stress? The GB update will come with an unlocked bootloader, or?

And: anyone no when can we crack our bootloader?

Guest Moritd
why this stress? The GB update will come with an unlocked bootloader, or?

And: anyone no when can we crack our bootloader?

we actually dont know GB will include Unlockbootloader or no ...Z<xda famos dev> has found a way to unlock it they coding it to be avaible unlock bootloader in the flash tool .

Guest Moritd

Mods Please Delete the Thread, the News and info Was all BS on XDA!

idd that was a stupid lie from someone like that leaked version of GB......DAMN it just trusted cause Z was working on it also

Guest highaltitude

not this again, if you were following the origianl thread on this on XDA you'd see nothing much but a flame war happened, then the thread disappeared due to it all being bogus.

Edited by highaltitude

Guest khnshkr

for those who dosnt know:

Maxfron did not do anything regarding the bootloader, he lied to his rival(i guess) that he found a bug in the Chip to unlock the bootloader and to unlock the phone without the codes ie. Free and he is going to release them. so the_laser (rival) Posts it in the Forum. Then maxfron reveals that there is no such bug and he did all this BS to make fun of The_laser and make fool out of him. Then the thread is closed

end of Story!

I guess This was All of it. there Was So much Blabbering i got to know this much only. :D

CURSE them LIERS!

Guest Moritd
Originally Posted by Lion3494

Hello z. R u working on the bootloader? Can u confirm its been unlocked

Sent from my x10 on gingerbread

I am not working on the bootloader - I was merely helping, but due to some circumstances, I am no longer involved in this.

I can confirm it's possible to unlock the bootloader, but currently it's beyond my knowledge how to do this, so I'm waiting for the fellow developer(s) to deliver

Originally Posted by agentJBM

The SIM unlocking procedure "in theory" must unlock the bootloader in order to unlock the SIM. So that means it could be possible to modify the procedure to crack the bootloader in a way that is useful to us.

In fact, the procedure is exactly the same. It's about flashing the bootloader signed with custom keys.

The only problem is I don't have such signed bootloader. But I'm sure some people do

Cheers,

z

it`s some question and answer <Z answered them>