Decent email app

Guest isitafox

Guest isitafox

I tried using the optional one with streakdroid 1.9 but it just crashed everytime I started it up and the standard email program is awful. I hate having to mark each mail one by one and not being able to move stuff to other folders if I delete something by accident!

Guest zigzagindex

the best is perhaps k9email+ email popup. You configure it properly and it works like charm. If you have rooted the device, uninstall the gmail and android mail apps.

Guest Azurren
the best is perhaps k9email+ email popup. You configure it properly and it works like charm. If you have rooted the device, uninstall the gmail and android mail apps.

If you have a google mail account then the stock GMail app is the most battery efficient mail app available

I agree that the stock "email" app is just useless

Guest vanemburghj
My main email account is with aol so gmails no use to me but ill try the k9!

Maildroid the only way to go, am using the free version for last 6 months and think it is very good e-mail app.

Guest isitafox

I got K9 last night and it seems perfect, though I don't know if this is related or not I just pulled the battery to restart my streak like I do when I install a new app to refresh everything and I got the good old debugging message and reformatting don't remove battery on startup!

Not done a nandroid for a good while so it looks like I've essentially just wiped my phone, bugger!

Guest jonnybruce

Just been trying Kaiten mail from the market.

Looks quite good on the streak, bit like tabmail, but you can actually configure it.

In fact there are so many options that I am still picking my way around it!

Guest rhyd
I tried using the optional one with streakdroid 1.9 but it just crashed everytime I started it up and the standard email program is awful. I hate having to mark each mail one by one and not being able to move stuff to other folders if I delete something by accident!

Did you try clearing data for Tabmail?

Guest isitafox

Nope, still learning how to go about various things but I'm getting there. Heard 1.9.1's almost ready for release now anyway so will see how I go on with that if the tabmails still an option.