dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7

No, this will still work, there is a hack in VegaComb which bypasses the /cache partition when installing large apps and forces it to cache to the SDCard instead. This functionality will remain the same :blink:

I should really think about adding this hack in to Corvus5, do people have issues installing large apps on that?

newbe5

Yes I do :)

Using Corvus 5 inc SP1 and it was impossible to download Fieldrunners (38mb). I had to make a script for GScript to direct the cache to the SD card. If this was included with Corvus it would be great.!

technomaniac

technomaniac

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:zte blade, Hannspree hannspad

Me again,

Just put on Corvus5 sp1 and internal storage now says Total space: 302 MB Available space 243, how does that sound?

Cheers techno

Hi all,
I have installed a few apps and games now and moved as many as poss to the sdcard. The problem is that I am now down to 36mb internal. Does this mean that I will have to start uninstalling one app to install another or is there a way around it. Could I use a bit of the sdcard as internal storage somehow?

Cheers techno

HypoTurtle

HypoTurtle

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:A639, Advent Vega, HD2
Needs a bump as it's a minor update.

Should we all move to V2 (if we can) or only if we have issues?
Mines running fine, is there anything the cleaned up partition sizes would make better or is it just that they're changed so that the sizes are appropriate/optimised without wasted memory?

newbe5

newbe5

Addict

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Needs a bump as it's a minor update.

Should we all move to V2 (if we can) or only if we have issues?
Mines running fine, is there anything the cleaned up partition sizes would make better or is it just that they're changed so that the sizes are appropriate/optimised without wasted memory?

It's only a tiny, tiny change as was messy originally and in the new kernel have run in to a couple of issues with my slapdash approach :P No real need to change, although if you are ever going to flash a moddedstock in future, you can use this one :)

newbe5

neils31

neils31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hello,

I am brand new to the vega, just got it at lunchtime :lol:

anyway I have managed to put the MoDaCo V8 rom on successfully, but when trying to update with VegaModdedStock_v1.10_v2, using the software tool > software update > point to my download folder where I placed the zip file there are no files to select. however when using the file manager pointing at the same folder the file is definitely there.

any ideas what I am doing wrong :blink:

thanks

Durbybard

Durbybard

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega/iPhone 3GS

hello,

I am brand new to the vega, just got it at lunchtime :lol:

anyway I have managed to put the MoDaCo V8 rom on successfully, but when trying to update with VegaModdedStock_v1.10_v2, using the software tool > software update > point to my download folder where I placed the zip file there are no files to select. however when using the file manager pointing at the same folder the file is definitely there.

any ideas what I am doing wrong :blink:

thanks

Hiya, you are trying to install a modded stock rom on top of modaco R8 rom which is not possible, you either have moddedstockrom or modaco R8, R8 is a better rom to keep installed as it has more features than the modded one like market and other things you may need or find useful.

To add some nice option features to R8, go to market and grab launcher pro (it's free) and change the main screen layout, can even download themes to change icons, text colour etc, also look for GLES flashplayer from this site, you want the 3rd link down (something like 1.10.1.020) as is what i use for flash based apps and works flawlessly (also running R8).

Hope this helps

Chris...

neils31

neils31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hiya, you are trying to install a modded stock rom on top of modaco R8 rom which is not possible, you either have moddedstockrom or modaco R8, R8 is a better rom to keep installed as it has more features than the modded one like market and other things you may need or find useful.

To add some nice option features to R8, go to market and grab launcher pro (it's free) and change the main screen layout, can even download themes to change icons, text colour etc, also look for GLES flashplayer from this site, you want the 3rd link down (something like 1.10.1.020) as is what i use for flash based apps and works flawlessly (also running R8).

Hope this helps

Chris...

A friend of mine pointed me in the right direction and I got it on, I was not in the correct state or rather the vega wasn't ;)

Anyway all is good and I am now also running VC 1.7 :)
thanks for your help

nelles

nelles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
bump

nigelbrogan80

nigelbrogan80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ADVENT VEGA
where do i download vegacomb from?

KYOCERA

KYOCERA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:ADVENT VEGA
Can anyone upload modded stock_1.10 v2 elsewhere except megaupload.com since FBI has no life?

GedBlake

GedBlake

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Tech, Sci-Fi, Prog Rock
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Nexus 7

Can anyone upload modded stock_1.10 v2 elsewhere except megaupload.com since FBI has no life?

Go to http://www.tabletrom...found-here.html

... where you will find VegaComb & ModdedStock uploaded to my public dropbox.

GED.

"Good Judgement Comes with Experience, but Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
~ Charles Dickens ~

Advent Vega: VegaBean Beta 6 with 1GB ext2+zRam
Nexus 7 (16GB) WiFi: MoDaCo CyanogenMod10.1, r11 (JellyBean 4.2.2, JDQ39) and franco #58 kernel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users