ThomasAstor

ThomasAstor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Xoom, Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@ThomasAstor

Yeah, changing from your Vega should work! What happens when you select the 'Skin and Language' box from the right hand side?
P

Skin and Language get an orange border and a red dot appears on the left. But regardless if I try to open in the same window or a new tab, nothing changes.

T.

mureta

mureta

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Interests:Mobile Technology
  • Devices:SGN7000

Thanks, i'll look into it.

P

Hello Paul all right ?

I know you may be too busy to help but I'm leaving the photos of what happens when I attach my photos and when the menu is open right side is a blank page and not open the menu page is normal. picture

Use Firefox 5.0.

HTML Off

Tks Paul.

mureta.

Edited by mureta, 19 July 2011 - 03:05 PM.

Posted Image

HypoTurtle

HypoTurtle

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:A639, Advent Vega, HD2

Do you have 'DST' ticked on this page? I do, and the times show correctly.

P

First thing I tried, have now deselected that and selected the other option that appears; "Currently in DST?", and it's working fine (Using Opera 11.5 if that could be the problem with the auto detect DST)

cartoone

cartoone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I'm using chrome and if i Put the link "http://android.modac...-customisation/" the real forum is displayed after a very big gap between header and the forum contents

The Soup Thief

The Soup Thief

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 (N4 etc retired)
  • Twitter:@TheSoupThief
Hi Paul
Diggin the new style
One thing my eyeballs were struggling to adjust to was the lack of clear delineation between Pinned posts and non-pinned posts, so had to go to the extreme lengths of actually reading the content before identifying the new posts, which took all of a second or so, but was a little more cumbersome than before
Anyway, I just noticed that you seem to have fixed it before I even got round to posting by colouring the pinned topics a slightly different shade than the others
Nice one - thusly you have stayed safely ahead of the curve that defines my expectations of Modaco
Now if you could just do something about this poxy keyboard
Keep up the good work

todoleo

todoleo

Geek at heart, Tech Support Monkey and feeder of Wobbles (@fatol

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus / Lumia 710
  • Twitter:@Todoleo
Well done Paul! The desktop version may take a while to get used to, but I'm loving the mobile interface. It works great on both my Palm Pre 2 and my HTC Desire!

Thanks for the great forum and managing a great community!

Twitter: @Todoleo
Identi.ca: @Todoleo

Blog: Todoleo.com

Ferrum Master

Ferrum Master

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Electronics and engineering.
  • Devices:N9, P990, Radar, One SV K2_UL
I have also problems with DST... I have UTC+2(Kaliningrad, South Africa - yeah right, we small nordics are not people also :D), but it is summer it should be +1 more... the setting doesn't work. I tried to log in again...

Using latest Opera builds (the change hell of a lot :) .

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2S & Huawei G300
After using it for this short time, I'm not a huge fan of the desktop changes. Particularly (IMO) the complexity of the icons in front of each forum thread is "over-complex" and not as useful as the simplicity of the old icons. I suppose I'll get used to them, but I don't see the "added value" at this point.

Putterill

Putterill

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Sorry but the new look is pig ugly (way too complex) and breaks badly in chrome - massive amounts of white space between header and content. The mobile version is just as bad, I used to visit several times a day but I just drop in occasionally now, purely down to the new skin. Nasty.

nrev

nrev

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
If breadcrumbs are too wide for the browser width (minus margins and column with the MoDaCo logo) then you end up with a lot of white space that you have to scroll through to get to the content.

For example, this topic has a breadcrumb trail of "Android @ MoDaCo » Device Specific - Phones » ZTE » ZTE Blade / Libra - Blade.MoDaCo.com » ZTE Blade / Libra ROMs & ROM customisation"

If my browser window is wider than approx 1050 pixels then everything is fine (see 1st attachment).

but, if I reduce the width of the window a bit then I have to scroll through two windows worth to get to the content (see next 3 attachments).

(note how the breadcrumbs have moved to the end of the white space and stick out past the main column in the last screenshot).

I get this with Firefox 5, IE9 and the latest Chrome.

This may not have been obvious as many people maximise their browser window (I don't) but I have noticed that the title of announcement topics is also included in the breadcrumbs which causes the problem even if the browser window is maximised (on my 1600 pixel width monitor) - e.g. here.

Attached Files

Edited by nrev, 03 August 2011 - 04:55 PM.

nrev

nrev

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
While constructing the above post I noticed that attachments greater than approx. 128MB in size can't be uploaded.

Using the flash uploader I get the error:
Upload Skipped (Error403)

Using the basic uploader I get something quite weird (see screenshot). It displays a scrollbar and and image saying "one more step to access android modaco.com" ! :)
Attached File  Clipboard03.jpg   125.52KB   8 downloads

edit: This only seems to happen to jpg images - gif and png files do not show the same problem, neither do zip files.

Edited by nrev, 15 August 2011 - 04:47 PM.

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez
Attached File  Screenshot at 2011-08-05 00:30:29.png   398.52KB   8 downloads

if you look at recent topics on the right hand side, who ever posts in "CyanogenMod 7 is now GEN 2 only" also shows as posting in "An experimental CM7 Kernel" and "ZTE Blade Stock Updates"

forum seems to pull the username from the first topic in the ZTE Blade rom forum and paste it on to any other topics from the same forum

Matthew Ferguson

Matthew Ferguson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but on Netbooks because of the low screen res, and lengthy title page of the ZTE Blade ROM forums, there's a large white gap you have to scroll past, approx. two screen lengths, before you get to the forum posts.

EDIT: Actually, nrev's post (#230) is a perfect example of this.

Edited by Matthew Ferguson, 05 August 2011 - 05:40 PM.

Orange San Francisco Black OLED Gen2
SanDisk 16GB Class 2 SD
Recovery: ClockworkMod 4.0.1.5
System: Simple Stir Fry Full b27

Mikeandme

Mikeandme

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Razr Maxx

Sorry but the new look is pig ugly (way too complex) and breaks badly in chrome - massive amounts of white space between header and content. The mobile version is just as bad, I used to visit several times a day but I just drop in occasionally now, purely down to the new skin. Nasty.

I agree on the "white space" I thought that I had failed to get to the forum I wanted, it was only on the third try that I realised it was all way down below a great white nothing. I used to use the forum regularly but am now disinclined to use it. Why do those great white spaces appear?

I'm using Chrome if that is relevant.

Edited by Mikeandme, 13 August 2011 - 03:55 PM.

mpx200'05

mpx200'05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G3 & ZTE Blade
login via Tapatalk isn't possible for me. Is it the ' in my user name?

running Swedish Snow on Blade & Stock 4.0.4. with root on Jiayu G3

ThomasAstor

ThomasAstor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Xoom, Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@ThomasAstor
Hi Paul

I still cannot post from my Vega and still cannot change "skins and languages" [Vega]

Thanks
T.

Always_Learning

Always_Learning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My Omnia II will not charge with some 12v dc (red charge light will not come on), wall plug and some USB chargers.. It seems to vary all the time whether the unit will charge or not.. Some times I have to power off the unit and charge it that way overnight. What do I need to do to make sure it charges at ANY time? Have read the threads but still do not seem to have answer. And YES, I have upgraded the firmware.. BTW, this is the WORST phone I have ever had.. Looking forward to December when I can dump it..

amacrobie

amacrobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport (RWYB, Rally, trackdays FTW), photography, walking, software development (desktop and embedded), electronics design and implementation, travelling, video games. Guy stuff, really.
  • Devices:SGS II
  • Twitter:@presstheanykey
Minor thing, using FF5 the tab order for the login pane is username, click for lost password, password.

Would be more friendly to us keyboard die-hards if it were username, password, whatever...;)

Other than that, I really like the new theme.

Andy

tyrol_gangster

tyrol_gangster

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (Orange SF OLED)
Paul, any chance to have the white space bug fixed, PLEASE... this is so annoying especially when browsing on phone...

nrev

nrev

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Why do those great white spaces appear?

The whitespace appears when the breadcrumb trail is too wide for the main column so it is moved to below the bottom of the sidebar on the right, shifting the main content of the topic down, leaving around 2 windows' worth of whitespace.

A workaround is to hide the sidebar by clicking the left/right double headed arrow to the top right of the modaco guy logo: you will lose the sidebar, but you'll also have no more white space!

Edited by nrev, 16 August 2011 - 11:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users