hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez
adjusting to the colours, it's an improvement compared to xda-devs colour scheme. the website dropdown above is out of the frame on a 1280 x 1024 resolution

bhf

bhf

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Devices:Base Lutea (German ZTE Blade)

That has been fixed now. Thanks for the feedback.

Not with the browser Chrome. When hovering with the mouse, the design is still jumpy with the pages.

Is there a possibility of theme-ing the forum? It looks all dull and grey. A lil' bit of colour wouldn't hurt the eye.

A clear seperation of pinned and normal threads would be fine.

Edited by bhf, 11 July 2011 - 03:58 PM.

ThrashMan

ThrashMan

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade [UK 512MB TFT]
Google Chrome has topics resizing due to the "View topic preview" icon appearing and causing topic page markers to shuffle around.

Scrolling in Firefox 5 is very clunky, very noticeable when zoom <> 100%.

Can the old theme be made available as a personal choice?

Drirr

Drirr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8100, ZTE Blade
I don't want to be a naysayer, but is there anyway I can switch back to the old theme?

Laccnow

Laccnow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Well, the new look finally matches todays standards, but so far it seems like to me it's just not that handy as it was before. I'd love to see a theme chooser.

Cirno

Cirno

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800 Ideos X5

Well, the new look finally matches todays standards, but so far it seems like to me it's just not that handy as it was before. I'd love to see a theme chooser.

Today's standards?
Bloat and bad color scheming, I hope you are trolling.

cedric123

cedric123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:vodafone 845

Click the envelope icon at the top of the forum window to the left of the MoDaCo dude.

Thanks, i have another question about my phone but i will PM you about that.

Problem:

I was trying some new ROMs for my phone, (vodafone845 aka huawei u8120) then I arrived at a CM7 Beta with bad screen calibration so I decided to search a bit for it and i found touchrecalibrate.apk for the g-tab tablet its an app wich calibrates the screen for you without touching it, after I did this the calibration only was worse so i went back to eclair(100% stable) because i wanted a daily use ROM, but when i did a nandroid backup and i booted up my phone the calibration was still the same so i tried formatting recovery and data and system after I did this I hang my phone to computer and did a compelete software update( from the official huawei site wipes all data system and erases recovery) and nothing happent the calibration is still bad and the calibration tool from the stock ROM i cant use beacuse the calibration is so bad that it says to try again cuz he thinks im am too far away from the point i need to touch. plaing calibration files on sd card and in /data/calibration didnt work either.
Do you know a solution for this it would really help me cuz my phone is unusable atm

thanks in advance

cedric

Edited by cedric123, 11 July 2011 - 04:35 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

everything is horrible to read now

needs clear separation between pinned topics and normal topics again

and much more contrast the look may be more beautiful but its impossible for me to get its content quick

Bear in mind on old MoDaCo alternate topic lines were the same colour too! :blink: Pinned topics were exactly the same colour, but with a coloured bar seperating the too.

Very interested in feedback and how you would change it to make it more usable.

I have horizontal scrolling on all pages on Google Chrome @ 1440x900.

Could you screenshot? I've run on a lower res than that and not had scroll so that's odd.

My signature is not displayed properly and I see lines of code relating to size.

Quick edit to remove offending code has sorted that one out.

Yes, signatures and posts are rebuilding now.

adjusting to the colours, it's an improvement compared to xda-devs colour scheme. the website dropdown above is out of the frame on a 1280 x 1024 resolution

Which website dropdown? Again, a screenshot would be really handy, thanks! :huh:

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

zorginho

zorginho

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4
the new look is too heavy for the browser and it's difficult to read topics.
the previus graphics is really better IMHO.

Edited by zorginho, 11 July 2011 - 04:39 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts

Not with the browser Chrome. When hovering with the mouse, the design is still jumpy with the pages.

Is there a possibility of theme-ing the forum? It looks all dull and grey. A lil' bit of colour wouldn't hurt the eye.

A clear seperation of pinned and normal threads would be fine.

Noted, i'll look into making that happen.

Google Chrome has topics resizing due to the "View topic preview" icon appearing and causing topic page markers to shuffle around.

Scrolling in Firefox 5 is very clunky, very noticeable when zoom <> 100%.

I'll try and replicate that.

Can the old theme be made available as a personal choice?

I don't want to be a naysayer, but is there anyway I can switch back to the old theme?

Not at this time, sorry! I'll bear a 'retro' theme in mind for when i've got the site back to purring along though. :blink:

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez
Attached File  website drop box right.GIF   124.37KB   19 downloads

added picture

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts

Attached File  website drop box right.GIF   124.37KB   19 downloads

added picture

I see, thanks, I guess when you drop it down there are some super-long forum names that are pushing it out wide. How weird! :blink:

P

Posted Image

Stuart_f

Stuart_f

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus 4
Yes, it's the Commtiva N700 which has so many alternate names it breaks the box size.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts

Yes, it's the Commtiva N700 which has so many alternate names it breaks the box size.

Thanks, i'll fix that up. :blink:

P

Posted Image

Stuart_f

Stuart_f

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Even after I found the hide sidebar button (it really is quite tiny!) scrolling is still incredibly CPU intensive. When I sit and read the page my Core i7 Q760 sits at the default 1.6GHz on all 4 cores. If I scroll around in Firefox 5 it ramps up to 2.13GHz!!! This doesn't happen on other sites. The scrolling also feels to be somewhat "lumpy".

Attached Files

Edited by Stuart_f, 11 July 2011 - 05:18 PM.

fifi139

fifi139

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:LG O2x
I'm having problem in seeing the whole kitchen ROM choice. With the usual two column choices, the left column is intact but the right one is cut off without horizontal scrolling below it. I'm using Chrome.

Stuart_f

Stuart_f

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
My last post has just shown up a new issue. If you upload a very wide image, there's no horizontal scrollbar when the image is displayed on screen. The CPU monitor is in the top right of my screen shot but I doubt many people will see it!

juniperz

juniperz

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade CM7, NEXUS S CM9
  • Twitter:@N/A

My last post has just shown up a new issue. If you upload a very wide image, there's no horizontal scrollbar when the image is displayed on screen. The CPU monitor is in the top right of my screen shot but I doubt many people will see it!

I could see it, but only because my mouse has horizontal scroll by pushing the mouse wheel left and right. No visible horiz scroll bar.

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

yeah i know how much work maintaining forums can be, but this really is too slow on firefox 5, chrome 14, opera 11..... can we have the old theme as a user preference or something?

its not javascript as turning it off makes no difference, so i guess its the css/html rendering and all the image downloading.

when scrolling firefox and the window manager are using up 50% of one of my 4 cores at 3.2ghz, that's kind of insane!

Edited by sej7278, 11 July 2011 - 05:27 PM.

Victor von Zeppelin

Victor von Zeppelin

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
Paul, I love that a redesign has been attempted, and it's getting there, but it does need some work. It is, indeed, too busy. It's not laggy on my PC, but I've hard my CPU fan spin up, and scrolling does increase my CPU's temperature, so it's definelt intensive. Anything like the blade browser would just die.

I concur on the javascripty animations being juddery and slow, however. I'm on Chrome latest stable (whatever that may be)

Do you mind If I put together my area of criticisms and present them here?

edit: to back up sej, I'm getting upto 50% quad-core usage at 4.5GHz....just scrolling!

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin, 11 July 2011 - 05:39 PM.

Oddly enough, Victor is my middle name, my actual name is Dan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users