Orange Sanfrancisco Android 2.2 Update(Help)

Guest Joe S

Guest Joe S

Hi everyone, Currently i have a Sanfrancisco Branded and Unlocked. I had an issue with it yesterday with the market which a few of th people here helped me get sorted and it was very helpfull now the thing is im a complete beginner with these sort of things and i mean beginner. This will be my first attempt if i do.

I was the Debrand and update to android 2.2. I saw StevenHaperUK Video (

) and it pointed me here again which i thought was great, Now ive read on a few forums that it has risks ect.

The things i would like to know are-

- Can i completely break the phone beyond repair with the software

- Is it complicated

- Can i recover back to factory settings and 1.1 if it goes wrong during the installation

Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks.

Joe.

Guest ShahinTehShiz

If you want a guide to install 2.2, then look no furthur than here:

http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/

This was made by one of our own members, and I used it myself when I got my SanFrancisco about 2 months ago.

Everything you need is in the sidebar, so take a look there, plus use the search or make a thread if you need any help.

In regards to your question about breaking the phone, if you followed the instructions properly, then theres near enough no chance to break your phone, but if you do manage to do it, you can send it back, since if it doesnt work, chances are they can't tell if it was your fault it broke or not (I'm not condoning or being held responsible for this in any way xD)

Edited by ShahinTehShiz

Guest Joe S

Hi Shahin, Ive looked at that guide and ill probably try it out, A problem ive been having is getting my computer to connect with the phone so the "Mass Storage" option comes up in the my computer section. I dont have a disc or anything for the sanfrancisco and dont know if i need one. I dont have a card reader or anything to put the file onto the sd card. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Thanks.

Joe.

Guest Diveokidoki
Hi Shahin, Ive looked at that guide and ill probably try it out, A problem ive been having is getting my computer to connect with the phone so the "Mass Storage" option comes up in the my computer section. I dont have a disc or anything for the sanfrancisco and dont know if i need one. I dont have a card reader or anything to put the file onto the sd card. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Thanks.

Joe.

Hi Joe,

Try to bluetooth the file that might work

Jeff

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Thanks.

Joe.

If you can still use your phone, plug it in the usb which is connected to the computer...wait a bit until your computer should say device driver software installed, then on the phone select "Turn USB Mass Storage on", and then you can view it on the computer.

Edited by ShahinTehShiz