MSM8225?

Guest pauleldwan

Guest Atomix86
7227 again? oh no :blink:

Indeed. So it is basically an enlarged Blade. Which makes me wonder why people are jumping to defend its projected £220 price point.

Guest Simon O
Indeed. So it is basically an enlarged Blade. Which makes me wonder why people are jumping to defend its projected £220 price point.

Because the £220 is the off-contract price lists in other countries. Orange will be selling it for less.

Guest Atomix86
Because the £220 is the off-contract price lists in other countries. Orange will be selling it for less.

I sincerely hope you're right, as I was looking forward to having a new toy to play around with :blink:

Guest gitf@ce

So what are Handtec playing at then?

Guest Just Wondering

ZTE seems to have confirmed the processor will be 1GHz

Really ??!?! that is good news , lets hope they confirm a 4.3 oled screen also :) that would make this phone a real winner (subject to price of course)

Zte set the bargin buy bar very high with the wonderful Blade , so lets hope they top it with this phone , looking forward to it :)

Guest ThermalDroid

Really ??!?! that is good news , lets hope they confirm a 4.3 oled screen also :) that would make this phone a real winner (subject to price of course)

Zte set the bargin buy bar very high with the wonderful Blade , so lets hope they top it with this phone , looking forward to it :)

Well to be honest I don't care for OLED as it has a shorter life and i would like to keep the price LOWWWWW wink.gif

Guest k0zmic

OLED won't happen. Samsung need them for their Galaxy S phones, it's why HTC & ZTE had to use LCD for the Desire and San Fran I think.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

OLED won't happen. Samsung need them for their Galaxy S phones, it's why HTC & ZTE had to use LCD for the Desire and San Fran I think.

And I guess that's also why Apple hasn't got around to putting them in the iPhone, as well as the fact that they think its more important to sue Samsung...

Guest ThermalDroid

And I guess that's also why Apple hasn't got around to putting them in the iPhone, as well as the fact that they think its more important to sue Samsung...

They have retina screens and apple would rather use their own tech, and of course sue every thing that dares encroach on there precious territory.

Guest ThermalDroid

Samsung didn't make the OLED used on some ZTE phones, it was made by ZTE themselves

Samsung make most if not ALL AMOLED screens ;)

Guest NeostarNeko

AMOLED and OLED are 2 different technologies ;)

besides did ZTE confirm where they got the screen from or was this based on speculation...

Edited by NeostarNeko

Guest k0zmic

AMOLED and OLED are 2 different technologies

besides did ZTE confirm where they got the screen from or was this based on speculation...

True they are different but:

There is no substantial difference between the two.

http://www.samsungbl...what-oled-and-a

“and currently only three companies — Samsung, LG and CMEL — supply it.”

http://www.wired.com...witch-displays/

That article is a bit old, I think one or two Taiwanese companies have started to make them as well at the start of 2011.

Edited by k0zmic