Is my SGSII bricked or not? Can't access phone via USB

Guest BorgmanJayce

Guest BorgmanJayce

I was recharging my SGS II as usual on Saturday using the AC Adaptor when it suddenly began to get hot and constantly reset itself every couple of minutes or so.

When I checked the phone, I got the message "System UIDs Inconsistent" and every time I tried to force close the phone, it wouldn't let me.

I know the data on the phone itself is safe as the lock screen that I use works fine and the icons that usually appear on the phone appear as they should do.

I'm not too sure if it's fully bricked or not as I've tried ClockworkMod and that seems to work fine.

I've tried to access the data partitions on the phone and even though they can be seen in Windows Explorer, I can't access them at all when the phone is connected to my laptop via USB.

Is there any other way of accessing them so I can make a full backup of the data from them, especially downloads and Apps before I have to wipe it and start fresh.

Guest fdespotovski

I was recharging my SGS II as usual on Saturday using the AC Adaptor when it suddenly began to get hot and constantly reset itself every couple of minutes or so.

When I checked the phone, I got the message "System UIDs Inconsistent" and every time I tried to force close the phone, it wouldn't let me.

I know the data on the phone itself is safe as the lock screen that I use works fine and the icons that usually appear on the phone appear as they should do.

I'm not too sure if it's fully bricked or not as I've tried ClockworkMod and that seems to work fine.

I've tried to access the data partitions on the phone and even though they can be seen in Windows Explorer, I can't access them at all when the phone is connected to my laptop via USB.

Is there any other way of accessing them so I can make a full backup of the data from them, especially downloads and Apps before I have to wipe it and start fresh.

Well, try making a nandroid backup with clockwork recovery.That will backup your data (and everything else) on your sd card.