ZTE T-U880 (Variant Of Blade)

Guest solidchips

Solidchips, your ROM is workig! But i can't connect to my google account: "cant esteblish a relible data connection to the server This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data. Do you have a solution?

Solution is founded: First go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications, and tap the Google Apps entry. Then tap 'Clear data', and tap 'OK' to confirm. This will delete your Google account details. To enter your account details go to Settings > Data synchronization > Google and you'll be prompted with the set up dialogue. Enter the account details and you're done.

Edited by boy4k

Guys, on U880 there is problem with skype, the app installed well, but it's impossible to connect to skype server, on skype's site a lot of messages form U880 owners, but no any solutions or answers. On another forum i'm investigated that this trouble related with processor architecture, any suggestion?

The not working SKYPE is a common/known issue.

I browsed some Chinese website and it seems that there are many issues with ZTE / Chinese android devices and Skype.

Meanwhile I have installed Whatsapp, Viber and Tango and these all work without any issues.

Yesterday I successfully flashed this ROM. It's v2.3

It looks great and I successfully installed Viber and Whatsapp.

Skype is still not working.

Hi, how did you flash it? I've been searching but I couldn't find any information/tutorial.

I think you need to download the drivers for the the U880 phone which are on ZTE.com.cn website.

Not sure if other drivers work.

http://www.zte.com.cn/cndata/mobile/mobileinfo/201106/t20110607_237277.html

The download link is the 4th download link (counted from the top). The file is 147Mb

unzip the file. The drivers are also inside.

make sure that the driver is installed correctly.

Download the 2 files mentioned in KomatoZZZnik's post.

Then unzip the files.

Start the flash program

Take the battery out of the U880

Connect the U880 to the PC while holding Volume Up + Power

Select the .bin file you downloaded from KomatoZZZnik

Then click on the Flash button and it should work.

Sorry for the crappy instructions, I am using someone else PC and am writing this from my memory.

I think you need to download the drivers for the the U880 phone which are on ZTE.com.cn website.

Not sure if other drivers work.

http://www.zte.com.c...607_237277.html

The download link is the 4th download link (counted from the top). The file is 147Mb

unzip the file. The drivers are also inside.

make sure that the driver is installed correctly.

Download the 2 files mentioned in KomatoZZZnik's post.

Then unzip the files.

Start the flash program

Take the battery out of the U880

Connect the U880 to the PC while holding Volume Up + Power

Select the .bin file you downloaded from KomatoZZZnik

Then click on the Flash button and it should work.

Sorry for the crappy instructions, I am using someone else PC and am writing this from my memory.

Thank you for the guide. Downloading drivers....

I have the CWR on the phone, so when I will press Volume Up + Power I will enter CWR mode, right? Is it there where I have to choose "Install .zip" or something similar?

I have the CWR on the phone, so when I will press Volume Up + Power I will enter CWR mode, right? Is it there where I have to choose "Install .zip" or something similar?

I did not use CWR..

You need to enter flash mode.

I try to check later today and update my instructions

did you succeed?

post-202415-0-92347800-1325509055_thumb.I happen to reinstall windows 7 (English) on my Netbook and also checked if it is possible to upgrade to v2.3.

This time i only used the 2 files mentioned in KomatoZZZnik's post.

Steps:

1. download the 2 files mentioned in KomatoZZZnik's post.

2. unzip them (e.g. to D:\ )

3. remove battery from the ZTE U880

4. connect the usb to the phone (not yet to the PC)

4. hold the Vol Up button and connect usb to the PC: the Phone will be in Flash mode

5. wait for Windows 7 to install the phone

6. Check the device manager (there is an unknown device) and go to the driver folder which is in the flasher directory

7. install the driver

8. after successful installation, the unknown device should be gone

9. remove phone, wait for 10 sec and connect again holding the Vol Up bottom, do this twice.

10. go to the flasher directory and run Bin Tool

11. select the desired .bin file. The lower button of the flasher program is the start button.

If it does not work, try to reboot your PC or connect/disconnect the phone several times

Edited by hk300

Guest beggar123

i did everithing until stage 11 i mean all the drivers are installed but when i enter bin tool the phone makes alot of colrs down and the bin tool writes something

Guest caiorick

i did everithing until stage 11 i mean all the drivers are installed but when i enter bin tool the phone makes alot of colrs down and the bin tool writes something

Happened the same with me!

On my phone a multi-color bar appeared.

There are 2 buttons on the flasher/ bin tool menu, the upper one is the 'browse' button and will enable you to select the required file.

If you can 'push' the lower button of the flasher /bin tool menu, everything is installed correctly, and then after pushing the 'lower button' you just need to wait till the tool flashes the phone.

Guest beggar123

There are 2 buttons on the flasher/ bin tool menu, the upper one is the 'browse' button and will enable you to select the required file.

If you can 'push' the lower button of the flasher /bin tool menu, everything is installed correctly, and then after pushing the 'lower button' you just need to wait till the tool flashes the phone.

what do you meen "push" i cant click the lower button at all

Guest beggar123

post-945296-0-34920400-1325596869_thumb.

post-945296-0-29800000-1325596879_thumb.

Guest guiz79

If you cannot click the button it's because the pc is not detecting your zte correctly. A friend flashed it for me and as far as I remember he had the same problem and solve it by modifying the .bin file with the imei number of the phone. I don't know how he did it, I'm sorry I cannot give you more specific details.

Guest beggar123

If you cannot click the button it's because the pc is not detecting your zte correctly. A friend flashed it for me and as far as I remember he had the same problem and solve it by modifying the .bin file with the imei number of the phone. I don't know how he did it, I'm sorry I cannot give you more specific details.

ive found this in directions in some chienies site with google tranlate:1, unpack / pack U880 bin file

2, modify the partition size of the package

3, when the unlocked bootloader package access permissions and ramdisk (ramdisk permission applies only to version 2.3 bin)

4, convert bmp file to logo.img file

How to use:

1, the bin file to program the same directory, rename U880.bin

2, select the corresponding version of the bin file

3, click on "unpack U880.bin" button, extracted from the bin logo.img, ramdisk.img, recovery.img, system.img, data.img file

4 (Optional) Modify the partition size and other options??

5 (Optional) Click the "Generate logo.img" button to select the bmp file or bmp file drag the button to generate a new logo.img file to modify

6 (Optional) Modify the partition contents of the file, such as the replacement recovery, modify system.img, then replace the img file under the program directory, or check the "custom partition data" after setting the new img files

7, click on "packaged U880.new.bin" button, according to the relevant options and the corresponding img file read U880.bin repackage U880.new.bin file

source

Guest musicpopman

Solidchip I tried a lot of firmware but only your actually works. Buy no sms no sim no wifi etc is working. The touch screen and firmware works slowly then the orginal 2.2 chinese android. So like alot of users already report it. Is there a better rirmware? Or is there a good 2.2 android.that comes with google apps and market! By the way your market installtion don't works I tried from clockwork flash like u say it wrote the line 0 error. Nothingworks so please what to do nothing fit for this device

• 1 month later...
Guest jalberto

Hi,

I tryed KomatoZZZnik's method, but when i try to run the bin_tool i get a fatal error, it just not start.

I tryed in winxp adn win7, and i have al drivers installed.

Do i need some especial lib&framework ?

TIA