Advent Vega V2

Guest Jacobyte

Guest Simon O

They don't say a lot which makes me wonder if they even know anything. It has been rumoured for a long time that Advent would make a new tablet... let's see if they do.

Guest Jacobyte

Agreed there isnt much known. DSG admit its exists, There is a publicity pic and it doesnt appear to be honeycomb based.

Release date ... well we know DSG thinks Xmas for tablets is in September....

Guest Panayioti

From the article - what 7" Vega tablet that sold really well are they talking about? Quote - "the 7in version sold well"???

They might be talking about the advent amico (i think thats what its called)

Guest phil8715

They might be talking about the advent amico (i think thats what its called)

[/quote

Do you think that if Advent do release Vega V2 on Honeycomb 3.0 or 3.1 somebody will make a direct port for the original Vega?

Guest Minimonkey

I wonder if Advent met up with Paul and Newbe5 to discuss the improvements that the V2 should have like better screen (a must) honeycomb etc

Guest Zebrahead

Don't hope for honeycomb.

Suppose it's purely time dependant, but ICS is out towards the end of the year... Jus' sayin'

Zeb

Guest Jacobyte

will be slim more. just 10.5mm, 1280*800lcd, 10point touch, double camera. around 670g. will be built 4GB or 16GB EMMC storage. but OS will be android 2.2 still.

Is it Tegra250 and is there GPS and Giros?

It's a good hardware Spec.. Let down by Android 2.2... Wonder how hard it will be to get Vegacomb on it...

Is Vegacomb the Saviour for Dixon's Advent V2 Xmas 2011 ambitions?

Jacobyte

Guest alexzhou

Is it Tegra250 and is there GPS and Giros?

It's a good hardware Spec.. Let down by Android 2.2... Wonder how hard it will be to get Vegacomb on it...

Is Vegacomb the Saviour for Dixon's Advent V2 Xmas 2011 ambitions?

Jacobyte

yes, its' tegra250 still. and Gyroscope. i guess can buy it on end of sep

Guest rferrett

This is a bit "Is the Bear A Catholic" though isn't it?

If the Vega was to be a success (and it was) then DSG were always going to release a follow up.

A gig of ram, with a better screen resolution and viewing angles and less "double touch" issues when typing and the Vega 2 will be a winner. For my 2cents they don't need to change much as the vega was close.

Ralph

Guest Vansphone

This is a bit "Is the Bear A Catholic" though isn't it?

If the Vega was to be a success (and it was) then DSG were always going to release a follow up.

A gig of ram, with a better screen resolution and viewing angles and less "double touch" issues when typing and the Vega 2 will be a winner. For my 2cents they don't need to change much as the vega was close.

Ralph

I agree, with one addition. It depends on the cost. The Vega was a success for DSG because it was cheap compared to the competition.

If the price Vega 2 is close to the price of the Asus, Acer etc it will not create much excitement.

Personally, I am not very loyal to brands. I go for the best I can get at the price I am willing to pay. If that is an Advent, great, if it is and Asus, Acer, Sony ....ASDA or whatever

Guest debs626

From the article - what 7" Vega tablet that sold really well are they talking about? Quote - "the 7in version sold well"???

I think they have some wrong information there LOL

If my memory serves me right the Amico was terrible.

I'd be interested if it was priced under £200 for a 7in tablet with Honeycomb, dual cameras and an SD card, hdmi and a good screen.

Edited by debs626

Guest Jacobyte

Assuming the same price point £200-£250, plus better LCD, and the spec above is correct is an Advent Vega V2 without Honeycomb a decent product?

1) The existing Android 2.2 build must be signifiacantly improved with at at least some sort of Market for the general consumer. For most purchasers this will be the only build they ever use so at least some effort needs to go into it. An Amazon Marketplace would be a good selling point.

2) The Hardware Spec has to be such its worth putting up the the poor O/S out of the box. Archos G9 looks like a tough rival.

3) Vegacomb working on the Advent Vega V2 day one with Camera and full flash support would also be a huge plus!. Not sure how that could possibly happen ;-)

Interestingly I was in Currys on Saturday the impression I got from the Sales Stand was that all the Tablets were around £400 plus. There was an Advent Vega box at the back of the Display stand of the other tablets but there was no price and the tablet itself wasnt on display.

The Xmas 2011 Tablet war will soon start... Hope its better than the 2010 one!

Jacobyte

Guest rferrett

Assuming the same price point £200-£250, plus better LCD, and the spec above is correct is an Advent Vega V2 without Honeycomb a decent product?

1) The existing Android 2.2 build must be signifiacantly improved with at at least some sort of Market for the general consumer. For most purchasers this will be the only build they ever use so at least some effort needs to go into it. An Amazon Marketplace would be a good selling point.

2) The Hardware Spec has to be such its worth putting up the the poor O/S out of the box. Archos G9 looks like a tough rival.

3) Vegacomb working on the Advent Vega V2 day one with Camera and full flash support would also be a huge plus!. Not sure how that could possibly happen ;-)

Interestingly I was in Currys on Saturday the impression I got from the Sales Stand was that all the Tablets were around £400 plus. There was an Advent Vega box at the back of the Display stand of the other tablets but there was no price and the tablet itself wasnt on display.

The Xmas 2011 Tablet war will soon start... Hope its better than the 2010 one!

Jacobyte

I guess a lot of "Third Gen" Android tablets will be released for Christmas running ICS natively. THat will be interesting. especially if one can pick up current gen premium tablets cheaper in the knowledge that "the scene" will update to ICS even if the manufacturers don't. Cheapo Xooms/Transformers sounds good to me.

I suspect that the Vega 2 will have more compeition form cut price models trying to be shifted than last year. Obviously the Vega on specs blew everything nearby out of the water on price.

We shall see eh?