[Guide] de-bricking a ZTE Blade

Guest hedgepigdaniel

A ZTE v9 is not a ZTE blade, and you should never have followed any instructions for flashing it from here in the zte blade forum.

You can probably fix your v9 by applying a v9 TPT. I think there are some in the v9 forum.

=============================================

Hi there, i also have tried the same steps on zte V9 . now can you please help me with the details what forum i need to follow. please please please.....thanks a ton in advance.....

=============================================

Hi there, i also have tried the same steps on zte V9 . now can you please help me with the details what forum i need to follow. please please please.....thanks a ton in advance.....

Can one help

ask for a tpt in the v9 forum

Not getting it.....can you please help my phone is blank please. i have the firmware flasher installed on pc however it wants some file like partition.mbn.. please help

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Not getting it.....can you please help my phone is blank please. i have the firmware flasher installed on pc however it wants some file like partition.mbn.. please help

This is the ZTE Blade forum. If you have a ZTE v9, you are in the wrong place. Ask for help on the ZTE v9 forum. If you have a ZTE Blade and its bricked, follow the instructions in the first post. If you can't get them to work and you want help you will need to explain exactly which part of the instructions aren't working for you, with details.

Guest kirpika

oh THANKS!

method 5 worked for me after i accidently pulled out the usb cable trying to flash it with stock chinese flasher.

please make it bold that you have to login as ADMINISTRATOR. - i was desperately searching for a solution of inactive config menu to restore imei until i re-read the post.

Edited by kirpika

Guest aragone79

Hi, I have problems with my blade. I already flash my blade with custom ROM for gen 2, gingerIceCream RLS2. But my problem right now, everytime I try to put my blade to CWM mode, It stuck in green android state. I do try to fastboot my blade, but it seems it cannot enter the fastboot mode (power + all volume button hold down together). No flashing light comes up. and my laptop already recognize it as DFU COM 15 (zte wcdma HDP). I try to run windows flash gen 2 recovery, but It stuck in waiting device.

My blade still can operate, but it runs in a very slow condition, even I cannot make a phone call. It already rooted, has a ROM Manager Installed with CWM 5.0.2 in it. Right now, I just want to install others ROM.

Really need help here.

Edited by aragone79

Guest kirpika

Hi, I have problems with my blade. I already flash my blade with custom ROM for gen 2, gingerIceCream RLS2. But my problem right now, everytime I try to put my blade to CWM mode, It stuck in green android state. I do try to fastboot my blade, but it seems it cannot enter the fastboot mode (power + all volume button hold down together). No flashing light comes up. and my laptop already recognize it as DFU COM 15 (zte wcdma HDP). I try to run windows flash gen 2 recovery, but It stuck in waiting device.

My blade still can operate, but it runs in a very slow condition, even I cannot make a phone call. It already rooted, has a ROM Manager Installed with CWM 5.0.2 in it. Right now, I just want to install others ROM.

Really need help here.

aragone, use zte flasher (image.bin) or last method. if your phone is recognized then it's ok. you have to completely wipe all internal rom - reflash and format it then restore a backup and if it's ok, you're good to go.

Edited by kirpika

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Really need help here.

TPT should work fine.

Guest aragone79

aragone, use zte flasher (image.bin) or last method. if your phone is recognized then it's ok. you have to completely wipe all internal rom - reflash and format it then restore a backup and if it's ok, you're good to go.

Thank's for the suggestion. My blade is back to normal again, use CM7 ROM right now.

• 2 weeks later...

My ZTE V9C is completely hard bricked. When i remove battery and reinsert it again and then plug the usb cable, for 10 sec it recognises my tab and then the tab vibrates and com port goes and unknown device comes. Cant enter into recovery or download mode. It is Gen2 type tab. I was flashing my tab with MDDL and it got stucked at 37/100 and after that all these problems started. Everyone Please HELP.

Dear hedgepigdaniel, your guide (method 5) was my rescue, to unbrick my san francisco. I thougt I lost my San Francisco for ever. Now, there is running CM 7.1. :)

Many, many thanks to you.

Hi,

I am trying method 5. The problem is, that I can't restore the IMEI, because the flash tool shows an error during startup and the config section is grayed out :-(

Can anybody tell me what the dialog tries to say?

Thanks

post-659735-0-57039800-1328304581_thumb.

Guest Mikael_blade

Hi,

I am trying method 5. The problem is, that I can't restore the IMEI, because the flash tool shows an error during startup and the config section is grayed out :-(

Can anybody tell me what the dialog tries to say?

Thanks

In my Blade, with Windows 7 x64, i had the same error, but it is just click "ok" or press enter and continue the process.

Sorry for my bad english

Guest hedgepigdaniel

In my Blade, with Windows 7 x64, i had the same error, but it is just click "ok" or press enter and continue the process.

Sorry for my bad english

always worth a try. also make sure you are running the tool as admin.

Guest Gibbo501

I'm having a bit of trouble so far in:

I connect the phone to he PC, it's detected in Device Manager at COM7.

Software runs OK, when in Download mode it reports "Line1 success! It cost 0 minutes and 26 seconds".

And now I'm stuck. I can't see the phone going into FTM mode and no matter what I try I can't write the modified channel1.nvm

What exactly should I be doing with regard to disconnecting the phone, battery and so on? The instructions read that it will automatically go into FTM mode, but I get nothing on screen if I wait or if I try manually.

All I get is the BACK light flashing red.

Edited by Gibbo501

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I'm having a bit of trouble so far in:

I connect the phone to he PC, it's detected in Device Manager at COM7.

Software runs OK, when in Download mode it reports "Line1 success! It cost 0 minutes and 26 seconds".

And now I'm stuck. I can't see the phone going into FTM mode and no matter what I try I can't write the modified channel1.nvm

What exactly should I be doing with regard to disconnecting the phone, battery and so on? The instructions read that it will automatically go into FTM mode, but I get nothing on screen if I wait or if I try manually.

All I get is the BACK light flashing red.

you've flashed some of the provided firmware, and then afterwards it doesn't go into ftm mode?

try removing the battery and then turning the phone on with volume down held. If that doesn't work, try flashing diffferent firmware. Otherwise I'm afraid I can't help you.

Guest bartmarley

Hi everyone !

I have a big problem and i hope someone can help me :)

Last year in july i bought a ZTE blade , it came with android 2.2 so it is a GEN2 . I tested different ROM and install clockwork mod 3.0.2.7 . My final choice was Gincer Stir Fry b21 !

Everything was running like a charm since some months but this morning my wife came with her phone ( the zte blade is for her ) and it was freeze . I reboot in recovery but at the first screen ( where you see reboot system now , apply update from sdcard etc ... ) if i choose any option the orange arrow with hat appear but nothing else :( so i can't restore anything !

If i try a standard reboot , the screen is lock at the blue ZTE Blade :(

If i plug my phone on my computer i can't access to the sdcard . In recovery mode , "adb devices" give me : ? recovery ( on blue zte blade screen "adb devices" give me blade device while my personnal Nexus S give me numbers with letters ) .

I don't want to make a mistake so please just say me wich method i have to try for my zte blade !

EDIT : Ok On one other forum someone tell me to wipe data / factory , i did'nt tried it because all other option in the recovery freezed the phone ! after his recommendation ( and the factory wipe ) the phone is working fine :P

Sorry for this post but i prefer let it here if it can help someone !

Thanks for your time and sorry for my bad english !

Edited by bartmarley

Guest ZTE BLADE07

Someone please help me...i have a orange san francisco GEN 2 and yesterday by mistake i flash a gen 1 stock recovery....now i'm stuck at the green droid...i can't acces clockwork or my usb because my pc doesn't recognised....USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED...so i can't use fastboot...I;ve tried the TPT method but when i flash ist it's show me a green test:UPDATE FROM T-FLASH CARD and below many "errors"....what can i do???my zte blade died forever???please help me

Edited by ZTE BLADE07

Guest razzmataz1478

Someone please help me...i have a orange san francisco GEN 2 and yesterday by mistake i flash a gen 1 stock recovery....now i'm stuck at the green droid...i can't acces clockwork or my usb because my pc doesn't recognised....USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED...so i can't use fastboot...I;ve tried the TPT method but when i flash ist it's show me a green test:UPDATE FROM T-FLASH CARD and below many "errors"....what can i do???my zte blade died forever???please help me

Your computer doesn't recognise your blade or doesn't 'see' your blade? If it shows up as unknown device in device manager I think you can get out of it by installing the adb drivers...

Guest ZTE BLADE07

Your computer doesn't recognise your blade or doesn't 'see' your blade? If it shows up as unknown device in device manager I think you can get out of it by installing the adb drivers...

man take a look at this

:usb.PNG

usb2.PNG

Edited by ZTE BLADE07

Guest ZTE BLADE07

What does it say when you right click on unknown device? And does it only show up under USB controllers?

it doen't say nothing when i click it...and in device manager if i'll click it to update driver it says that can't find e better driver