• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

jkcxn

jkcxn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

What type of blade do you have exactly?

Good point, its an orange san francisco - originally gen 1.

Edit: I have somehow managed to get it booting into clockwork recovery, although flashing a ROM doesn't get it to boot. Starting up the phone just loads clockwork. Any ideas?

Edit2: I've fixed my issue and my phone works as it should. Not 100% sure how I fixed it but I flashed a Gen2-to-Gen1 image and that seemed to do the trick

Edited by jkcxn, 18 December 2011 - 02:59 AM.

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade (OLED)

Good point, its an orange san francisco - originally gen 1.

Edit: I have somehow managed to get it booting into clockwork recovery, although flashing a ROM doesn't get it to boot. Starting up the phone just loads clockwork. Any ideas?

Edit2: I've fixed my issue and my phone works as it should. Not 100% sure how I fixed it but I flashed a Gen2-to-Gen1 image and that seemed to do the trick

glad to hear it - I recommend that you check whether your IMEI is correct and fix it if necessary.

demolish123

demolish123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
i windows flashed my gen 1 OSF to gen 2 and then windows flashed to gen 3. I installed the official gen 3 rom and was stuck in boot loops so i re flashed gen 3 but it booted into a black screen at 6% and the windows flash failed. So i unplugged the phone and put the battery back in but the phone didn't boot. I removed the battery for a few hours but it still won't turn on surely there must be a way to get it working again os just report to orange that it won't boot

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

i windows flashed my gen 1 OSF to gen 2 and then windows flashed to gen 3. I installed the official gen 3 rom and was stuck in boot loops so i re flashed gen 3 but it booted into a black screen at 6% and the windows flash failed. So i unplugged the phone and put the battery back in but the phone didn't boot. I removed the battery for a few hours but it still won't turn on surely there must be a way to get it working again os just report to orange that it won't boot

Either method 5 will work, or your phone really is a brick.

demolish123

demolish123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Either method 5 will work, or your phone really is a brick.

Method 5 didn't work but would it be possible to get it replaced by orange because it isn't on stock recovery or stock rom. Would they accept it as a hardware fault

jkcxn

jkcxn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

glad to hear it - I recommend that you check whether your IMEI is correct and fix it if necessary.

If I dial *#06# it displays a number different to the one on the back of the phone. What does this mean? and is it bad? To be honest I don't want to mess around with anything again incase I make it worse

Edited by jkcxn, 18 December 2011 - 05:12 PM.

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

If I dial *#06# it displays a number different to the one on the back of the phone. What does this mean? and is it bad? To be honest I don't want to mess around with anything again incase I make it worse

Well it means that your NV memory has been corrupted. I know how you feel but it is important to have the correct IMEI - its generally illegal to change it. You can fix it without completely reflashing your phone - under method 5 follow the instructions only for restoring NV memory (which may involve the hex editing if you can't find your original channel1.nvm that the flasher created the first time). You'll have to flash the stock recovery image, but your ROM/Data should remain as they are.

XPbIM3

XPbIM3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE blade
Got my ZTE v880 messed.

Thats' my story: http://android.modac...sian-zte-blade/

Didn't actually know that's a chineese v880 and messed things up.

So now I have what I have: a phone stuck in recovery mode. Have a backup of system and a a backup of IMEI.

Able to boot FTM with no problems.

What to do next to obtain a working v880?

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Got my ZTE v880 messed.

Thats' my story: http://android.modac...sian-zte-blade/

Didn't actually know that's a chineese v880 and messed things up.

So now I have what I have: a phone stuck in recovery mode. Have a backup of system and a a backup of IMEI.

Able to boot FTM with no problems.

What to do next to obtain a working v880?

I replied in your thread.

fetaboy

fetaboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E Ferrari
Hi All,

I've tried method 5 but doesn't start for me. Any idea?
The phone in DFU on com49 port so it's looks fine but when I pressed the purple button nothing happend.

Thx

hedy18

hedy18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9

A ZTE v9 is not a ZTE blade, and you should never have followed any instructions for flashing it from here in the zte blade forum.

You can probably fix your v9 by applying a v9 TPT. I think there are some in the v9 forum.

=============================================

Hi there, i also have tried the same steps on zte V9 . now can you please help me with the details what forum i need to follow. please please please.....thanks a ton in advance.....

hedy18

hedy18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

=============================================

Hi there, i also have tried the same steps on zte V9 . now can you please help me with the details what forum i need to follow. please please please.....thanks a ton in advance.....

Can one help

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Can one help

ask for a tpt in the v9 forum

hedy18

hedy18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

ask for a tpt in the v9 forum

Not getting it.....can you please help my phone is blank please. i have the firmware flasher installed on pc however it wants some file like partition.mbn.. please help

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Not getting it.....can you please help my phone is blank please. i have the firmware flasher installed on pc however it wants some file like partition.mbn.. please help

This is the ZTE Blade forum. If you have a ZTE v9, you are in the wrong place. Ask for help on the ZTE v9 forum. If you have a ZTE Blade and its bricked, follow the instructions in the first post. If you can't get them to work and you want help you will need to explain exactly which part of the instructions aren't working for you, with details.

e45cream

e45cream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5
Thanks. Method 3 worked perfectly for me.

kirpika

kirpika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:zte v880+ (chinese version)
oh THANKS!

method 5 worked for me after i accidently pulled out the usb cable trying to flash it with stock chinese flasher.

please make it bold that you have to login as ADMINISTRATOR. - i was desperately searching for a solution of inactive config menu to restore imei until i re-read the post.

Edited by kirpika, 19 January 2012 - 01:34 AM.

aragone79

aragone79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:zte blade, blackberry 9860,
  • Twitter:@yosa7998
Hi, I have problems with my blade. I already flash my blade with custom ROM for gen 2, gingerIceCream RLS2. But my problem right now, everytime I try to put my blade to CWM mode, It stuck in green android state. I do try to fastboot my blade, but it seems it cannot enter the fastboot mode (power + all volume button hold down together). No flashing light comes up. and my laptop already recognize it as DFU COM 15 (zte wcdma HDP). I try to run windows flash gen 2 recovery, but It stuck in waiting device.

My blade still can operate, but it runs in a very slow condition, even I cannot make a phone call. It already rooted, has a ROM Manager Installed with CWM 5.0.2 in it. Right now, I just want to install others ROM.

Really need help here.

Edited by aragone79, 21 January 2012 - 02:39 AM.

kirpika

kirpika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:zte v880+ (chinese version)

Hi, I have problems with my blade. I already flash my blade with custom ROM for gen 2, gingerIceCream RLS2. But my problem right now, everytime I try to put my blade to CWM mode, It stuck in green android state. I do try to fastboot my blade, but it seems it cannot enter the fastboot mode (power + all volume button hold down together). No flashing light comes up. and my laptop already recognize it as DFU COM 15 (zte wcdma HDP). I try to run windows flash gen 2 recovery, but It stuck in waiting device.

My blade still can operate, but it runs in a very slow condition, even I cannot make a phone call. It already rooted, has a ROM Manager Installed with CWM 5.0.2 in it. Right now, I just want to install others ROM.

Really need help here.

aragone, use zte flasher (image.bin) or last method. if your phone is recognized then it's ok. you have to completely wipe all internal rom - reflash and format it then restore a backup and if it's ok, you're good to go.

Edited by kirpika, 21 January 2012 - 11:34 AM.

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Really need help here.

TPT should work fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users