• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

let me explain : I bricked my zte crescent device because i installed a software designed for the zte blade device with the tpt method. At the current state, i can only access to my device with the zte osf flasher. So I'm triying to find a firmware like the chinacom in this one (it is from page one) http://www.mediafire...m1wd4ktfkbd5amh but designed for my crescent device,and so recover my device by installing clockworkmod on it.
But I've read the page and i wonder if it is not definitely bricked....

That's what I was saying, the firmware files in the first post are for the ZTE Blade, so you need to download the files from the link I posted before and replace the ones from the first post with those ones for your phone.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

squidlr

squidlr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
I've now tried every method from 1- 5 to recover my Orange San Francisco, and nothing has worked - phone currently boots to the green android, then the Orange logo - then boot loops the same cycle over and over again. Red light on the back key turns on for about 10 seconds through the boot process.

Over the past year It's been from Gen 1 to Gen 2, now back to the Gen 1 - TPT Orange 2.1 stock rom.

Any ideas before my Blade hits the trash can? Feels sickening to throw it away!

Much appreciated if anyone can assist.

Edited by squidlr, 30 April 2012 - 01:35 PM.

WorldWarrior

WorldWarrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent (Bricked)
Thak you so much, my san francisco II/crescent is now operationnal i used the same method as yours but with the right sofware. I also ported your tutorial in french i'll give you the link as soon as possible ^^.

anything-but

anything-but

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Got my Blade restored ok via way 5,but even after double checking the imei was entered correctly is still appears wrong when booting up the phone.

Ideas?

irenepepito

irenepepito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
HI GUYS I HAVE ZTE BLADE and I dont know where to ask help. my phone is stuck on airplane mode and my imei is unknown. do you have any advice what should i do. pls help me

shmizan

shmizan

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
your post lacks too much information.
you should provide what things you have tried so far that didn't work. make it a rule for the future for you.

Orange San Francisco, Upgraded to Gen 2 with TPT Helper (custom partition layout: 150-sys, 302-data, 4-cache)
CyanogenMod 10

ricolhaw

ricolhaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
i'm brazilian i will do my best for you guys can understand me.
i need help,my device (zte blade ) dont start, i have installed a custom rom ( ics by tilia) and he dont start,only stay on the animation screen.
i cant enter in cwm --> dont work
i can turn on the phone and use him but i have to wait 10h to the ics start.
i cant enter in fastboot method ...

plz help

androx

androx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everybody,
my clockworkmod was not working properly (It was not possible to accomplish the selected options) so I used the methods 3, 4 and 5 , but I have the same problem with any new or older clockworkmod?
Any idea?
Thx

iSid

iSid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Idea (Chinese) Blade
Hi

Firstly, I would like to thank you for putting together such a complete and useful guide. Your guide has helped me countless times with my old Dell XCD35. But it seems not to work for my new Blade. Here are my observations:

I bought a new ZTE Blade going by the name of "Idea Blade" in India. This is a Chinese Blade, a v880+ (Edit 2: or just v880?), with 256MB RAM. I just wanted to suggest a few changes/additions/warnings in your guide for this new v880+ Blade as it may easily be confused with the Chinese v880 Blade (Edit 2: or is it the same?), leading to different stages of bricking.

Method 3: TPT
TPT is a way......
.....You can now flash a ROM using clockworkmod. If it doesn't work, then using a different SD card may help. If you have a European variant then it is safe to try both Gen1 and Gen2 TPTs separately in case you have made a mistake.

The Chinese TPT did not work for my v880+. So until a compatible TPT is found, could you add a warning for v880+ devices? I am tracking various threads both here and over at xda for solutions and will keep you posted if I find anything useful.

Method 5: The dodgy ZTE firmware flasher
This method can help if your blade cannot boot at all. Consider it a LAST RESORT - people do this all the time and only make their situation worse. Only use it if all the above methods fail or if your IMEI is corrupt. Your IMEI will be lost in the process and you will need to use hex editing to fix it up afterwards. This method also requires windows. Most of this is taken from burstlam’s thread here, which you can also refer to (burstlam has posted screenshots which also help to show what to do). ....
.....You can now flash a ROM (If you flashed Gen1 firmware you can also upgrade to Gen2 via TPT). When you do, check your IMEI. If it is wrong, flash stock recovery in clockworkmod, boot into FTM mode, and repeat (correctly) above from editing channel1.nvm onwards.

This ZTE firmware flasher method gets stuck at 25% and fails. Here's a related post that discusses this problem, but there is no solution as of now. http://www.modaco.co...brick-zte-v880/ . So the ZTE firmware flasher mode will not help at all with the v880+ (at present) and should not be used as all it can do is make things worse.

Please update your original post accordingly, as with the increasing sales of the Idea Blade, there are bound to be more cases of bricks (actually, there are very high chances of a brick with this model as it is not compatible with most of the methods established for older Blades.) I would advise not to switch from the default ROM at all (unless you are a dev trying to solve this problem) as even CWM is causing problems with this Blade model.

Edit: A compatible recovery has been found and can be downloaded here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1713419 . Instructions to flash it are in the same post.

Edit 2: Ok, I took the phone to a ZTE Service center today and the tech guy wrote "Blade v880" as the model name. So it is a Chinese v880 after all... :-/

Edited by iSid, 27 June 2012 - 12:58 PM.

alarson

alarson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have tried the tpt method . It started good,when I turned it on by holding menu and - it came screen text and it went up to 100 % and said complete or something positive,but then it just stays on the green android animation,how long do you need to wait? I have tried doing it 2 times,should I try another method or ?

fbmj

fbmj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi everyone, i tried to do the last metod but unfortunantly the phone is not recognized in the fasher after i put in ftm mode, so now my phone just turn on in ftm mode, what i can do now?

teteuninja

teteuninja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Consegui concertar com o Metodo 3 - Valeeeeeu galera !

Edited by teteuninja, 22 August 2012 - 12:56 AM.

fireborn

fireborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD35
so after all the :ph34r: hidden snooping around, messing with my phone and things, i flashed a bad music app! :blink:

but thanks! Method 5 brought my phone back from the -uh- undead!

...and now on to reshaping my phone to its awesomeness :D

[EDIT: Its not working as normally as it should, like its not connecting to 3G, does not connect to Market, and Link2SD isn't working anymore. weird. I'm running CM7, with the latest clockwork mod if it matters.]

Edited by fireborn, 31 August 2012 - 07:38 AM.

fireborn

fireborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD35
Hey guys
I can't seem to get a good fix to this, and since it started with a bad flash, I'm guessing something i did in the recovery process screwed up my 2G, 3G connection. Can i get some help on this? do u need any stats or specs?

arpit22x

arpit22x

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (Dell XCD35)
  • Twitter:@arpit22x
After a bad flash, my blade (Dell xcd35 gen2) went bricked, First it was sticking on the green droid but when I flashed a gen2 TPT (used TPT method), Tpt remained at 0% with blue error msges (Error! Error! ....3-4 times)......... When I rebooted back, now, only red LED turns on, no green logo (blank screen)..... I cant check usb as I dont have cable now, but can anybody tell me what might have went wrong? Have I made it permanently bricked? Is method 5 the only solution now?

I have tried multiple TPTs with different SD cards. but no luck.

Current ROM: cm10-KonstaT-latest build Clockwork recovery 6.0.1.1 | Gapps:jb gapps |My Blade is DEAD!!

arpit22x

arpit22x

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
Please help! it has stopped Flashing red LED.... :( .... nothing is happening while pressing power /+ Vol- /+ Menu...

Current ROM: cm10-KonstaT-latest build Clockwork recovery 6.0.1.1 | Gapps:jb gapps |My Blade is DEAD!!

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Nothing happened with mine when I tried to enter download mode (volume up + down, power on) - no red led flash, blank screen. However, the ZTE flasher picked the phone up as it had indeed successfully entered download mode.

Good luck!

arpit22x

arpit22x

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
Today, I gave my phone to dell people (it was totally dead) and they agreed to replace that but in how many days, 3 months, yeah they said 3 months. What's wrong with these guys? are they insane or they are going to make ZTE to built a new phone for me from scratch?

Well, missing my toy.. ah, my blade.... going to switch to Galaxy Note, now. :(

ososossy

ososossy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
stuck at ftm screen nothing is happening...plz help.

snieR

snieR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Followed method 5 - everything seemed to be going fine (only had a bit of trouble booting to ftm, but managed it in the end), but now, when i should take out the battery, it should boot to clockwork but it doesn't. Instead it gives me the green android logo. I have tried booting it with and woithout battery, with and without connection to the computer, with and without holdin vol+/- .. While holdin vol- and connecting to the computer it is recognized as ZTE Handset(COM13) and while connecting regularly (with green android popping up) it is recognized as Android.
What should I do? Can it be irreversible bricked?

Edited by snieR, 03 October 2012 - 04:37 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users