* * * * * 10 votes

170 replies to this topic

Extensis

Extensis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE SKATE 4.3H
I followed your instructions on method 5, but I cannot find offset 0x1215.I'm using hxd. please help! my blade is stucked in airplane mode.

JG263

JG263

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco Gen I
Hi,

I've got an Orange OSF Gen I. I'm trying to upgrade OS from 2.1 stock to OS 2.3. I'm trying to load CM7 ROM.

I've got ClockworkMod 3.0.2.8 loaded on phone & can access the menu through power on/volume down. I can't get the CM7 to boot & phone gets stuck at Green Android & sometimes goes to Orange logo. I've got a backup copy of all files on my PC & a copy of ZTE Blade USB driver.

I've done a restore in ClockworkMod & it gives the following screen dump:

"ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8
Checking MD5 Sums...
Erasing boot before restore...
Restoring boot image...
Restoring system...
Restoring data...
.android_secure.img not found. Skipping restore of /sdcard/.android_secure.

Restoring cache...
sd-ext.img not found. Skipping restore of /sd-ext.

Restore complete!"

Are these missing files causing the ROM not to load. Should I wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache?

Or is there something else I can do to get out of this. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
JG263

I managed to get this to work using Swedish Snow ROM

Edited by JG263, 03 November 2012 - 08:43 PM.

RoVlad

RoVlad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G3N
my story ... i did everything as in tpt version but when i press menu and vol+ button and power on nothing happens ... just moves on into rom boot loop any ideas ?
i also tried step 5 with zte flasher and after pressing purple arrow nothing happens ... i did them all corect but nothing happens
on step 5 i eventually succeeded ... on device manager i didnt notice the absence of the word ZTE on debug device ... but everything solved after driver update :)

Edited by RoVlad, 16 November 2012 - 07:13 AM.

neothegod

neothegod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD35
Guys please help me here. I have Dell XCD 35... I am unable to enter recovery mode. I can boot into the rom. Not sure how I lost CWM. I tried rebooting into recovery but that didn't help either. Can you please suggest what I can do to enter recovery.

Edited by neothegod, 21 November 2012 - 11:56 PM.

fahad.sagittarius

fahad.sagittarius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets & Gizmos
  • Devices:LAVA iris 501 & DELL XCD35
Very helpful. Thank you . . :)

ZTE-V880

ZTE-V880

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:zte v880
PLEASE HELP...
i recently got me ZTE V880 BLADE ChinaUnicom. my 1st time using android, a friend said he was goin to upgrade th rom to Nightly GingerB which he did but now my fon will not go reboot, it hungs in th restart stage with only th LOGO showing, i cant run google store and so many other apps. like i said, this im a 1st time android user but this is almost killing my intrest, i thought it was goin to b fun. now my friend cant fix my problem. i have been reading all th threads on debricking and all, i want to start work on it but i need to consult with you guys in here 1st. i trust in your brains alot, tnx. [email protected]

afridi2129

afridi2129

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi thanks fot this guide, it really helped me from start. now i am stuck with FTM Logo on zte blade. i tried your step 5 under guide to recover IMEI , as it say UNKNOWN at IMEI place in phone, now after using that complete Method 5, at last step i am receiving FTM logo, if i reboot same happen, cant get into recovery , as this is stock mode. Please Advise. Thanks

somewhatdog

somewhatdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Hi - looking for some tips on what I think may be a broken ZTE Blade (originally a UK Orange San Francisco Gen1)

It came to me with CWM/Swedish Snow installed - earlier this year I used the Gen1-to-Gen2-Total Transfer TPT and installed Cyanogen 7.2 and it was OK for a few months.

It then decided to freeze on the 'big green Android' on startup - so I booted it into CWM and installed Swedish Snow again - and everything was OK for a few months.

Last week it reset itself randomly and would only startup to either

a - freezing on the 'big Green Android'
b - refusing to power-up at all sometimes (not even a red light on the back button)

I managed to get it into CWM and I've tried wiping cache/data and installing both Swedish Snow and Cyanogen 7.2 but they'll generally boot and then crash not long after (back to the 'big Green Android' or even refusing to boot at all - as above)

I'm assuming the phone is knackered - possibly a power issue (I have 3 batteries and have tried them all -but it will crash even when connected to the charged) - anything else worth trying before I bin it?

Would the Gen1-Gen2 thing be a problem - is it revertable?

Edited by somewhatdog, 23 December 2012 - 12:17 PM.

Tasty (Free!) Android Snacks http://www.somewhatdog.com

Wigglebottom

Wigglebottom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco II
Thanks for the guide!
I got up to the very last point of method 5, but with clockwork I cannot get into any of the menus. I have the main menu, but when I click on something else the top hat just becomes more visible and everything else disappears.

Please, some help would be amazing!

marsamgod

marsamgod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Mine doesn't even get to the big green droid, just pulses when I turn it on then maintains a black screen and solid red LED, any ideas?

somewhatdog

somewhatdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

Mine doesn't even get to the big green droid, just pulses when I turn it on then maintains a black screen and solid red LED, any ideas?

Best guess - your screen is knackered...

Power-it-on and wait for 5 mins and then try to use it - e.g. unlock it and see if it pulses/reacts/makes any sounds...

Tasty (Free!) Android Snacks http://www.somewhatdog.com

iArkAt8

iArkAt8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
after flashing cyanogen , my phone not have imei, i back to the stock rom now have imei.i need to flashing cyanogen any way to flashing cyanogen and have imei.
i have gen 2.

shad0wboss

shad0wboss

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
apparently i can't find the offset 0x1215. I tried changing the partition through TPT but the phone didn't boot when i used the combination. I tried changing sd card and tried again but didn't work. I then used the windows method and ended by bricking my phone which was expected. And now i can't find the offset because i believe my IMEI is f***** up...What should i do now?

obvious1

obvious1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I wasn't sure whether to post this here...

I've got a 512mb v880 not a 128mb one.

I tried to repartition using gen2-v2a.zip TPT (160mb, 2mb, 279mb) but it went to a boot loop where the android logo jumps to the side and back repeatedly.

In the end I got it to boot by using the china unicom tpt but now have 256MB

How can I get my other 256MB back?

All ideas very welcome :)

Thanks

I've downloaded the windows flasher from the OP but really not sure what to flash with it? Maybe an alternative stock rom from somewhere?

MIKINO

MIKINO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE FTV
Hi there. I bricked phone. I used the Method 5.I have gen2 so used Chinese software. Now I have only 256 ram. What do I do now? It happened after someone using this method?

Edited by MIKINO, 27 February 2013 - 12:19 PM.

Askemann

Askemann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
SoftBank 003z (Japanese v880).
I tryed to recover phone by method 5

Log:
Current Version(bd_sw_inner_ver_str) : Phone in Download mode
Download Version : C:\ZTE Firmware Flasher\China Unicom v880 Firmware
Armprg path : C:\ZTE Firmware Flasher\armprgZTE.bin
2013.3.12 18:12:16ЎЄЎЄDownload armprg.bin...
2013.3.12 18:12:22ЎЄЎЄskip to armprg...
2013.3.12 18:12:27ЎЄЎЄenter security mode...
2013.3.12 18:12:27ЎЄЎЄDownload partition.mbn...
2013.3.12 18:12:27ЎЄЎЄDownload qcsblhd_cfgdataPath.mbn File...
2013.3.12 18:12:28ЎЄЎЄDownload OEM bootloader...
2013.3.12 18:12:29ЎЄЎЄDownload AMSS...
2013.3.12 18:12:52ЎЄЎЄЅУКХЦёБоі¬К±!
2013.3.12 18:13:2ЎЄЎЄHSDLmainFunc ClosePacket Fail
2013.3.12 18:13:2ЎЄЎЄDownload fail, please check the log file to get fail information!

Do you have any ideas?
Please help me if you want.

komunistvb

komunistvb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Please can you help us with ZTE Blade 3 to make this metod workig beacose we have bricked devices to.
Thaks for any help.
http://www.modaco.co...-3-please-help/

Dssj

Dssj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Hi, I have this problem: I have some kind of bootoop (photne is booting, booting and booting, but the bootanimation doesn't repeat (only the second part as normally)). But I can't enter recovery, TPT or fastboot mode (this problem I had also before i got bootloop) When the phone is booting, adb recognizes it, but I can't get su permissions, so typing "reboot recovery" doesn't work. Is there any other method how to enter recoery, TPT or fastboot? Thanks

johnnyponny

johnnyponny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid
I think my phone is semibricked. It all started with me flashing TPT for GEN2 (stock I think) for a GEN3. Then the bootloader green android and CWM recovery got garbled graphics. I proceeded to flash different TPTs for GEN2 and GEN3 and still garbled graphics. Then I ended with GEN2 and Swedish Snow. Now the radio works and and a press on the power button makes everything normal but at every boot the graphics are garbled. Now I'm wondering what this can be. Could it be NV memory fault, because I have only flashed from Linux and how should I proceed to fix it or is my phone safe for using? I can still access CWM recovery but my I need to take screenshots from adb and then press the buttons :P

Edited by johnnyponny, 28 June 2013 - 12:11 AM.

TehStalker

TehStalker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

I think my phone is semibricked. It all started with me flashing TPT for GEN2 (stock I think) for a GEN3. Then the bootloader green android and CWM recovery got garbled graphics. I proceeded to flash different TPTs for GEN2 and GEN3 and still garbled graphics. Then I ended with GEN2 and Swedish Snow. Now the radio works and and a press on the power button makes everything normal but at every boot the graphics are garbled. Now I'm wondering what this can be. Could it be NV memory fault, because I have only flashed from Linux and how should I proceed to fix it or is my phone safe for using? I can still access CWM recovery but my I need to take screenshots from adb and then press the buttons :P

Did the TPT actually re-partition the phone though? And if so, does the booted ROM display properly? I would personally be pretty happy then, since I could take a graphically broken boot and recovery if I could go from 160 to 310 mb /data... (Currently on stock GEN3)

In any case I think you can fix everything and return to completely stock by flashing the official ZTE 2.3 ROM from Windows.

EDIT: I restored the factory recovery and ran the TPT called "Gen 2 Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie RLS9", it completed with an error, but actually booted up android. The screen was messed up, but turning it on and off again fixes it. So after more than a year with the shitty 160 mb /data GEN 3 layout my phone is now a GEN 2 and has a 311 mb /data partition! :ph34r: (And it actually IS a GEN 2 now since radio and everything works without flashing the usual gen3fix.zip)

EDIT 2: Using this package to take screenshots of the recovery I managed to (slowly) install a more up to date ROM, and it all works fine.

Edited by TehStalker, 29 June 2013 - 04:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users