Installation Aborted

Guest Alien Droid

Guest Alien Droid

I was following this post http://android.modac...n2-tpt-upgrade/

I followed it correctly but now my Blade will only boot to Clockwork Recovery v3.0.2.7

I got as far as installing new ROM and it will not complete.

Where it gets to;

Installing: /sdcard/Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

Installation aborted.

Tried a couple of times, just get the big Android and then it boots to Clockwork Recovery!

Can I get back from this or is it busted? :angry:

Thanx for any info.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

You are doing it wrong. It is not meant to be installed in clockworkmod. follow the instructions in the post. you unzip the image folder to your SD card and turn on your phone with volume up and menu held.

Guest Alien Droid

You are doing it wrong. It is not meant to be installed in clockworkmod. follow the instructions in the post. you unzip the image folder to your SD card and turn on your phone with volume up and menu held.

Thanx for reply.

So why does it say this!

(you should see some green text), then it should reboot into ClockworkMod recovery, use that to wipe data & then install your Gen2 rom.

I did follow the instructions correctly I believe. I unzipped files etc

Prior to running this I had installed a much later version of Clockwork as I was going to follow a different upgrade method.

But this version Clockwork Recovery v3.0.2. 7 I didn't install, so that was done using this package.

When I turn fone off and and restart hoding down Menu and Vol up I get the bright green flash lettering.

That finishes ok and then the blade loads Clockwork Recovery v3.0.2.7 as listed in the instructions!

Then I get this far as per instructions;

(you should see some green text), then it should reboot into ClockworkMod recovery, use that to wipe data & then install your Gen2 rom.

The next step would be

Once installed, remove the image directory from your sd card, to prevent accidentally reinstalling.

I should not do that yet right, cos the Gen2 ROM Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7b install aborted.

So this is where I'm stuck.

No USB access to the fone or sd card also etc

Will need to get a card reader if I need to change anything on the 2gb card to resolve this.

If anyone can confirm that I did or did not follow steps correctly ?. But a bit of step by step to get at least back to something that works would be appreciated as my Blade is no more than a paperweight at this time!

Thanx for any help.

Guest hugobosslives

you have completely missed the point here. the instructions on that page are very very clear!

you must unzip the Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7.zip on the root of your sdcard. (click on it, then hit unzip)

this should leave a normal folder called "image" on the root of the card. (it must not still be a .zip !)

then boot, with menu and vol+.

leave it for about a couple of mins. (green text and all that will come up by itself)

it will boot itself into a new clockwork (you do not boot clockwork yourself)

here you wipe and then install a new rom.

then reboot.

okay?

thinking about it why dont you just go for the whole tpt and rom download. where you don't have to worry about clockwork and installing the new rom. it does it for you when you do the menu and vol+ bit. should boot your new rom automatically.

Guest Alien Droid

you have completely missed the point here. the instructions on that page are very very clear!

you must unzip the Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7.zip on the root of your sdcard. (click on it, then hit unzip)

this should leave a normal folder called "image" on the root of the card. (it must not still be a .zip !)

then boot, with menu and vol+.

leave it for about a couple of mins. (green text and all that will come up by itself)

it will boot itself into a new clockwork (you do not boot clockwork yourself)

here you wipe and then install a new rom.

then reboot.

okay?

thinking about it why dont you just go for the whole tpt and rom download. where you don't have to worry about clockwork and installing the new rom. it does it for you when you do the menu and vol+ bit. should boot your new rom automatically.

Complety missed the point emmm!

Well if you say so..

I do remember uzipping the file but it is possible I didn't stick in the root of the sd card!! (ooops)

I left the zip file there so I assume either that is the problem or because I may not have put the file in the root!

I do remember seeing the image folder tho!!

It went into Clockwork 3.0.2.7 when I restarted the fone with Menu and Vol + held ( I didn't run that my self!)

I got the green text flash up, all good.

I then wiped.

It is falling over on new ROM install. So that's where I seem to have gone wrong.

Either I didn't unzip (but I'm sure I did) or it's because I left the zip file on the card and/or didn't end up with the image folder on the Root of the card!

I know nothing about tpt and this is my first attempt at this, just trying to follow step by step, but obviously make a mistake somewhere. Probably not unzipped or not at root!

I would like to try the tpt option now but I can't access the sd card in Blade from PC.

Just ordered a card reader so hope to have that tomorrow.

Is there any way I can move the zip file and unzip again using clockwork etc? Or will I have to wait until my card reader arrives?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

ok If you saw the green text, the Gen2 upgrade worked. you are now on Gen2.

Now that you are on Gen2, which Gen2 ROM are you trying to install with clockworkmod?

Guest Alien Droid

Yeah I followed this post for the Gen1 to Gen2 upgrade http://android.modac...n2-tpt-upgrade/

I used this one;

Download: Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7.zip mirror mirror

Download size: 16.02mb

MD5: c10cd48bbfb8e2c16384ebb49e06eb5c

Partitions: 2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data

Below on the same page is the ROM I may or may not have unzipped correctly!

CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 Gen1 to Gen2 Upgrade TPT

Download: cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-TPT.zip mirror mirror

Download size: 104.48mb

MD5: 4e7a35b4485bf0296ba57c1f4730c4e3

Was this ok to use?

I done the Gen1 to Gen2 upgrade on this thread and read it was easy to go back to Gen1 etc hence giving a bash. I did check prior to starting that my Blade was a Gen1 and with 2.1 installed.

I did also root the phone before finding the above info and starting the upgrade etc.

Thanx for your help.

Guest Alien Droid

you install that like a TPT aswell, not through clockworkmod

I appreciate your response but when the phone starts up, it automatically opens ClockworkRecovery (v3.0.2.7). How do I use or invoke TFT as this point?

Thanks in advance...

Guest k0zmic

I appreciate your response but when the phone starts up, it automatically opens ClockworkRecovery (v3.0.2.7). How do I use or invoke TFT as this point?

Thanks in advance...

You're on Gen 2 now, you don't need to do the TPT now. All you need to do now I download a ROM in .zip format then get the USB cable and plug it into the phone and computer and then go into mounts and storage and select the Mount USB/Storage I think it's called and then drag the .zip file onto the root of the SD Card.

Then Unmount. Go back and select Flash zip from SD, select the .zip of the ROM. Scroll down. Press yes. Let it flash. Reboot.

Guest Alien Droid

You're on Gen 2 now, you don't need to do the TPT now. All you need to do now I download a ROM in .zip format then get the USB cable and plug it into the phone and computer and then go into mounts and storage and select the Mount USB/Storage I think it's called and then drag the .zip file onto the root of the SD Card.

Then Unmount. Go back and select Flash zip from SD, select the .zip of the ROM. Scroll down. Press yes. Let it flash. Reboot.

Thanx the info k0zmic

Didn't see your post as had a friend drop over to help me get it sorted.

I didn't know you could mount the USB/storage that way, that would have saved me a lot of bother perhaps!

Took the sd card out and had a look what I had done.

I guess I was so lacking rest last night I did make a mistake.

After running the Gen 1 to Gen 2 upgrade I left that in the \root\image and left the ROM zip cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-TPT.zip and unpacked in a Rom folder under the \root

Oooops..

Moved the Gen 1 to Gen2 files from \image out to a backup folder and moved the contents of cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-TPT.zip from my ROM folder into \image folder

Then I think Install zip from sd card and boot with Vol up and Menu I think, not 100% as I was watching while a friend actually went through that.

Then happy to say could see a skating Android and now it's up and running :)

Wi-Fi not working for some reason so I'll have to look into that but the Blade is alive!

Thanx all for your help.

Guest hugobosslives

you just slightly miss-read the difference between a rom in tpt rom and flashable (clockwork) form. you tried to flash the tpt in clockwork. you should have either done this via the menu and vol+ method or downloaded a flashable format rom as you ended up doing.

glad you finally got it working