EDIT: MoDaCo Ad Free with Online Kitchen access is only $9 for a limited time only! Visit this topic for further details!
I'm pleased to present the Gr6 release of my MoDaCo Custom Gingerbread for the LG Optimus 2X! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - see my ClockworkMod Beta post for details.
0725 V20l baseband is recommended, available in this topic.
The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe IS highly recommended.
Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen):
- Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
- Stock Kernel and MoDaCo Custom kernel options (pending new kernel source release)
- Removed OTA update notificatoin (saving a lot of RAM)
- Spoofed fingerprint (for maximum items listed in market)
- All Google components are running the latest release including Google Talk with video / voice chat
- Superuser application and su binary from ChainsDD for SAFE root functionality
- Multitouch Optimisations
- SD card speed optimisations
- Status bar clock size fix
- CyanogenMod APN list
- Boot sound removed
- SQLite performance patch
- init.d support
- terminfo support (for nano etc.)
- Semi transparent notification pulldown
- Custom boot animation
- Alternative frameworks to disable toggle buttons / music controls on notification pulldown
- Stock (AOSP style) lockscreen
- Stock Google apps including Contacts, Calendar, Desk Clock, Gallery, MMS, Keyboard and much more
- Amazon Appstore, GetJar and SlideME Markets now in the kitchen (I use SlideME as the only place to buy Quadrant Advanced!)
- Stock Gingerbread theme
- Settings-integrated Toggle2G by TheMasterBaron
- Camera application with no camcorder sound
- Not odexed
- On demand odex app
- Touch Key Lights brightness configuration utility
- Reboot to recovery utility
- Many system sounds can be disabled
- Remove battery full popup
- Market Access application
- Button Backlight Alert compatibility
- Much much much more!
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changelog.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card (/sdcard/_ExternalSD) - you must used a physical microSD card!
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card - you MUST use a physical microSD card!
First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it!
A WIPE IS MANDATORY IF YOU ARE COMING FROM ANY ROM EXCEPT A PREVIOUS BUILD OF Gr4 / Gr5! Apologies, but this is unavoidable for this release. I recommend using Titanium Backup to back up your data. Wipe BEFORE installing the ROM.
Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.
The prebake ROMs must be downloaded / flashed in two parts. First flash the core, then immediately afterwards flash the option pack of your choice.
Gr6 prebakes being prepared!
- Gr6 core - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: bdad39ac81860e657e510a90f2a7c670
- Gr6 option pack 'stock edition' - default kitchen options, stock LG style - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 51d110ae3df1199c6f9c2e69a0a01adc
- Gr6 option pack 'vanilla edition' - minimal LG options, stock Gingerbread style - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: c823a9fe69e2512b2aac237cfe7c9e24
- an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM.
If you have a general question, please post in the topic. If you have a specific bug report, please visit the issue tracker where you can see if your issue has been reported by someone else, is being fixed, or is indeed new!
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
The MCK kernel source can be found in my bitbucket repository.
Future Updates - READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription. MoDaCo Ad Free with Online Kitchen access is only $9 for a limited time only! Visit this topic for further details!