I cannot send MMS's with Gr6
I tried the ext3 MCK and stock kernel + CM APN list and stock APN list, nothing doing. Complete wipe between them. Data and everything else is working fine.
As soon as I push "Send", I get "currently unable to send your message..." error toast repeating instantly over and over
until the SMS/MMS app crashes. It's not network settings, nor provider. The error is instant
. I get hundreds of these error in my logcat:
D/MobileDataStateTracker( 1142): unable to determine APN availability
- I flashed the recommended BB first (LGP990AT-00-V20l-EUR-XX-OCT-20-2011) in the phone, it says: 1035.21_20110725 (GetRIL says V20o)
- Tried with 622 BB, same result
- Tried with two different networks (I flashed 2 O2X's), same result
- String "unable to determine APN availability" in not in the original AOSP Gingerbread source
- Using Google SMS/MMS app, not the LG one
EDIT: Reposted from a different thread (originally posted in Fr thread by mistake), sorry.
EDIT: Pinned it down and fixed it.
By incrementally adding stuff from default kitchen options (product of which worked, as I found out) up to my desired config that didn't work. Turns out, Toggle 2G
breaks data services! Exactly the same kitchen config, one without Toggle 2G, one with. One works like a charm, the other cannot send or receive MMS and causes issues with APN configuration/selection.
Even MMS-only APN (for MMS without Internet APN) works now. That never worked for me before. All down to this Toggle hack. Just thought it might help somebody in a similar situation. See ya!
Edited by maniacdave, 11 February 2012 - 05:28 PM.