Photo

20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

* * * * * 7 votes

• Please log in to reply
2927 replies to this topic

kakemanx

kakemanx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:8300

Ok, first impressions:

LG Lockscreen is finally smooth!
Launcher Pro 8.6 now finally smooth with 32+ icons, just like on CM, no longer a need to use 8.4.1.
General smoothness improved, no longer any stuttering while writing to storage.

...and that's just about it for the good.

The bad:

This GB seems to have been branched from an earlier 10B version, so bugs which got fixed in 10C are still present in this GB, for example.

LG Email - Exchange push-mail only receiving mail once. Deleting mail doesn't delete from server.
GPS - Back to loooong fix times just like in 10B
That annoying "Infoservice: Cannot apply settings to modem" is STILL there.
The "Norwegian bug" is still there (sigh.)
Install lag still present.

::Trym

Enlighten me on the "norwegian bug" :D
Is it good to go as an day to day ROM?
Anyone have ANY preliminary battery drain report?

Thx

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,217 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

The bad:

This GB seems to have been branched from an earlier 10B version, so bugs which got fixed in 10C are still present in this GB, for example.

LG Email - Exchange push-mail only receiving mail once. Deleting mail doesn't delete from server.

I can probably pull some stuff from Fr19 (e.g. the Email app) and some other bits to help...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

goatee

goatee

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Razr Maxx XT910
  • Twitter:@edperch
A small thing but the arrows don't light up for data transfer.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,217 posts
lil' update on stock Google apps... Gallery ready to go up, updated Car Home ready, Contacts and Calendar have styling / colour issues that need resolving before they can go in the kitchen.

Making progress... :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

Trym Hansen

Trym Hansen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Devices:LG-P990

Enlighten me on the "norwegian bug" :D
Is it good to go as an day to day ROM?
Anyone have ANY preliminary battery drain report?

Thx

The "Norwegian bug" is a programming mistake from LG. Instead of using the correct language string "nb" they use "no" (which is the country string) for the norwegian language. This means that all apps which have localisation for norwegian will instead use the default language of the app, usually english. If you circumvent this by using a locale-setting app, then apps will get correctly localized, but you will get english system-menus and system-apps. There's just no way to get both at the same time.

As for day-to-day use it's far too early to tell, same goes for battery usage. (You can also bet that those who have it installed will be using the phone a lot and hence report bad battery life.)

::Trym - Author of LG RIL Version and Myrt Undervolt GUI

The only thing keeping me sane is my collection of singing potatoes.

Trym Hansen

Trym Hansen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

I can probably pull some stuff from Fr19 (e.g. the Email app) and some other bits to help...

P

Thanks, but don't bother, personally I use the stock google e-mail pulled from another rom, the LG E-mail in FR19 doesn't delete properly either.

EDIT: That sounded harsh, I don't mean to imply this is any of your fault, you've inherited the mess from LG, and I appreciate what you're doing with what you've got.

Edited by Trym Hansen, 18 July 2011 - 05:03 PM.

Trym Hansen

Trym Hansen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

A small thing but the arrows don't light up for data transfer.

Same goes for wifi-icon in stock theme, doesn't show any blue bars after waking from sleep. (Wi-fi works fine though.)

NiTroZiK

NiTroZiK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:Htc Desire
don't know why but my 3g doesn't work and also i can't select any network operator...

steve4130b

steve4130b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X, HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@steve4130
Ive decided to give it a couple more days before trying this ROM myself, but just wondered if the camera.apk from the xda forums that increases the video capture bitrate can still be used now that weve changed from Froyo to Gingerbread? If not, could you incorporate something similar into the ROM Paul? Thanks :)

pruimmann

pruimmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@pruimman

don't know why but my 3g doesn't work and also i can't select any network operator...

I have the some problem, but i had it all day even when i had 2.2.

ilos

ilos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Devices:O2X and N1
  • Twitter:@Gooze

Ive decided to give it a couple more days before trying this ROM myself, but just wondered if the camera.apk from the xda forums that increases the video capture bitrate can still be used now that weve changed from Froyo to Gingerbread? If not, could you incorporate something similar into the ROM Paul? Thanks :)

i have tried and camera.apk with bitrate increase doesn't work

Stevvie

Stevvie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
I've lost 55% battery in 3 hours messing about with this. thats the MOST I've ever seen I can do a solid 2 hours of gaming loosing only 20% on FR19. A little disappointed with that.Also get FC's after a titanium back (restore missing user/system data) Not had that before even on early CM's. can restore user apps + data but no system data (ie text messages) :(

Edited by Stevvie, 18 July 2011 - 06:00 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,217 posts

Have you checked the APN settings? I will include the CM APN list in the next drop.

I'll see if I can get it working...

P

Posted Image

Kawazzzzzz

Kawazzzzzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Google N1 / LG Optimus 2x
Hi,

First of all, thank's a lot Paul, you've made hard and very good work !

My impressions :

This rom seem to be very smooth, for me it's more responsive than FR19. For example, the widget popup come quicker. Apps open faster too.

LG widgets doesn't seems to be compatible with alternative launcher (as it was the case before. I was using ADW Ex in FR19).

LG Lockscreen has (for me) no more lags.

Gesture seems to be broken (side tap to move in a text don't work).

Thanks again,

Kawaz.

c.joenie

c.joenie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:lg speed x2, Samsung Spica
Any updates on the Google video talk? That would be my only reason to jump to gingerbread (that is, if the rest is working :D)

marc1974

marc1974

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x
I'm having issues with the radio, after rebooting I get a 2g signal and have to go in and out of airplane mode to get a 3g signal. Does this mean I should be using the gingerbread baseband?

Thanks for all the hard work Posted Image

Edited by marc1974, 18 July 2011 - 09:08 PM.

kakemanx

kakemanx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:8300

The "Norwegian bug" is a programming mistake from LG. Instead of using the correct language string "nb" they use "no" (which is the country string) for the norwegian language. This means that all apps which have localisation for norwegian will instead use the default language of the app, usually english. If you circumvent this by using a locale-setting app, then apps will get correctly localized, but you will get english system-menus and system-apps. There's just no way to get both at the same time.

As for day-to-day use it's far too early to tell, same goes for battery usage. (You can also bet that those who have it installed will be using the phone a lot and hence report bad battery life.)

Ok, only use norwegian keyboard, rest of system is left in english... :)

ritdaw

ritdaw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7
Works nicely :)

Looking forward to having BBA support again.

Thanks for all your work Paul.

Fredisco

Fredisco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
This is the best ROM I have used in my LG Optimus 2X, everything so far is working!!!

I removed some of the for me unneeded LG parts:
Out: Sprite Backup, F-secure, LG email, LG lock, Car Home, LG Launcher, News Weather, ProTips, PreLoaded Apps (Still there), RemoteCall, SNS...
IN: Google email, Stock Lock, Stock Launcher,

It's smooth and fast jumping around the android OS, installing. I use LauncherPro and it's VERY fast.
AnTuTu Benchmark ~5200, Quadrant ~2500
Played some "Stair Dismount" and it was running fine.
Camera is working fine, Video is working 1920x1088. Zooming in Gallery works too is strange like stock gallery..
No data traffic strangeness, perfect audio quality. (I tested with the 622 Gingerbread BaseBand!)..

I had some problems with connecting to my wifi when it was on channel 13, after changing the wifi router to Channel 6 it was fine.. :blink:
I also had some problems with many of my apps were force closing, but it was related to MyBackup Pro, after uninstalling the apps and reinstalling them in the market they were running perfectly. ;) SMS,MMS,Bookmark restore worked fine using MyBackup Pro.

I can't think of anything that isn't working for me, there might be some, but I haven't stumbled on to them yet.
GPS lock within a couple of seconds, with wifi turned off. Indoors, attic with a couple of ceiling windows.

Thank you Paul for fixing this ROM for us you are a Star! :D

There might still be some kinks but I have only been testing for a couple of hours. Battery is still unknown as it takes some time to test.
I haven't had time to test the Google Talk video yet, as I need someone to test it with.

Edited by Fredisco, 19 July 2011 - 01:31 PM.

wapz

wapz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x 2.2.2

Ok, first impressions:

LG Lockscreen is finally smooth!
Launcher Pro 8.6 now finally smooth with 32+ icons, just like on CM, no longer a need to use 8.4.1.
General smoothness improved, no longer any stuttering while writing to storage.

...and that's just about it for the good.

The bad:

I thought I was the only one using LP 0.8.4.1, I have the same issue! About the GPS lock, is the hidden menu still there and is it possible to activate SLP Auto Provision under GPS Test/System Settings/SULP setting?

For the other issues I guess a better kernel would definately be needed. I guess this is the 2.3 framework LG made so far, waiting on the kernel and other bits to come through from nVidia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users