20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cosmicvibes

Main things to sort are BBA compatability, stock Contacts app, internalSD content and a few other tweaks I think... getting there! :)

P

Quick/Possibly dumb question: what does "BBA compatibility" mean in this context?

Guest wc326

can not connect to wifi is there a fix?

also music player and Vidoe player isn't working force closed.

Edited by wc326

Well, this was a nasty one to diagnose a theming issue... but it's done. Update!

*goes off to make a celebratory cuppa*

:D

P

Changelog

20 Jul 10:30

• Added stock Google Contacts option

Guest morckx

Whats about battery drain? Anyone else got the same problem?

Yes, I have that problem, too. This is the only reason I have found so far why I might flash back to fr19 where battery life was great.

M.

Guest marc1974

My battery life is great, relatively speaking. I've got no real issues with this ROM, all the radio issues I had to begin with have gone since flashing the GB baseband.

It's possible to insert camera mod for full hd @30 fps and jpeg compression @100% ?

(somemadcant or lejay mod)

No, the new GB Camera app will need to be re-modded.

P

Guest morckx

My battery life is great, relatively speaking. I've got no real issues with this ROM, all the radio issues I had to begin with have gone since flashing the GB baseband.

Relative to Fr19? Have you wiped your battery stats?

M.

Guest Brembo109

Hello,

i have 2 problems.

1. The lg daily weather and news widget doesn´t work with german location´s, neither if tiped in or get automatically.

Edit: A few german location´s are shown, but only big city´s. In fr19 it worked also with the smaller ones.

2. After restoring my data and apps with titanium backup pro (data´s coming from modaco fr 19) and restarting device, the phone can´t unlock my SIM-card. After a while it reboots.

Without restoring my data´s ( only apps) it works fine. Are the Fr19 data´s incompatible witch this build? The interface is the same, so i thought they´re not.

I´m using the Gr1 Alpha kitchen baked and tried it with the original -622 baseband and the gingerbread one.

But this early build works really fine and fast after a short period of testing, so im totally happy with ;-).

Thank´s to Paul and other users.

Edited by Brembo109

Guest Brembo109

Morning guys

Am I the only one who can't see the crt effect? Did I miss something out of the bake?

Yes i think so. On my device the crt-effect works fine.

Guest kakemanx

Whats about battery drain? Anyone else got the same problem?

Its not to bad i think... 26 hours with 13% left..

but only 6 hours with 3G (due to traveling and not roaming i turned of 3G)

30 mins wifi on

maby 20 min games/gallery

15-20 SMS

2 min call :P

a little fiddling with the system..

other than that light use...

Gr1 BB622 (NOT GB)

running ADW launcher EX and removed LG Home, not using LG today widget, but beautiful widget instead .. plus couple of other stuff..

Guest sQeeZ

I'm experiencing problems on the second boot of the phone after flash! Then when i type in my pin code, it freezes at "Unlocking simcard"! Removed the pin code and now it works fine! It could also be fixed by a wipe, but it's a bit annoying to wipe everytime you reboot tongue.gif

I'm using 622 baseband (GB version), tried the normal 622 as well, but with the same result!

Keep up the good work paul :) Impressive!

Regular readers will know I like to give people 'something to play with for the weekend' and Gr1 prebake WILL be up by the weekend.

I've spent a lot of hours on this already but there's more to do... ;)

P

Guest Piter1225

Regular readers will know I like to give people 'something to play with for the weekend' and Gr1 prebake WILL be up by the weekend.

I've spent a lot of hours on this already but there's more to do... ;)

P

Awesome, thanks for your work.

Guest goatee

So, actually, compared to FR19, it's not great (I could get 40 hours out of FR19 with 20% left). But, as an alpha, it's in great shape, and more than usable as a day to day ROM. So, thanks Paul! Your work has really paid (paying) off. (Probably also why someone trusted you with the leak in the first place!)

Its not to bad i think... 26 hours with 13% left..

but only 6 hours with 3G (due to traveling and not roaming i turned of 3G)

30 mins wifi on

maby 20 min games/gallery

15-20 SMS

2 min call :P

a little fiddling with the system..

other than that light use...

Gr1 BB622 (NOT GB)

running ADW launcher EX and removed LG Home, not using LG today widget, but beautiful widget instead .. plus couple of other stuff..