Jump to content


Photo

Advent Vega V2

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21
User_x4pro

User_x4pro

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hi there, i wondering should i really wait for the advent shuttle to be released or just buy a normal vega now ? ive held off for long enough and its time to make a decision, any 1 got anymore leaked news about this?

  • 0

#22
Jacobyte

Jacobyte

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

some v2 photo on here: http://www.facebook....21a29e9&type=1. v2 case is different than it, but size is same


Alex,

Have you anything more you can share with us on the Advent Vega V2? Its been a long time since we heard anything new!



Jacobyte

  • 0

#23
Bunjit

Bunjit

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Devices:Vegacomb Build 6

hi there, i wondering should i really wait for the advent shuttle to be released or just buy a normal vega now ? ive held off for long enough and its time to make a decision, any 1 got anymore leaked news about this?


I was in the same boat as you, but couldn't wait - and I'm glad I didn't.

With the Vega 2 apparently shifting with 2.2, and the ROM chefs close to serving up a 3.2 release, it's a no brainer. Who knows how long it will be until the Vega2 is released (probably before Xmas is all we know at this point) and when Honeycomb is hacked to fit on it. By that time I may be ready for a new tablet anyway, and I'll probably get my money back on a Honeycomb Vega v1 on Ebay.

  • 0

#24
arnookie

arnookie

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
PCWorld stated today that a septembre release date for Vega 2. So not a long wait.
They still insist it will be tegra 3 but I am reluctant to believe that at all. Would be great if it is!
Thay still recon it will have 2.2 but will get upgrade to honey 3.2 around end Nov / Dec time.
Did they not promise the First Vega would get Honey update at a later time also?
Bad deceision if they don't ship with 3.2, people will be reluctant to wait for honey 3.2 and if it will come or not.

They never gave any more statements on honey for Vega 1 apart from making false promises.
Hope we still see it come along soon but will not hold my breath. The devs here are doing more for us than dsg regarding that issue.
: O)

  • 0

#25
Bunjit

Bunjit

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Devices:Vegacomb Build 6

PCWorld stated today that a septembre release date for Vega 2.


Was ths in the shop, on the phone - a press release?

Do you have a link?

  • 0

#26
Jacobyte

Jacobyte

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
If it's Tegra 3... Its a winner at £250-£280 cant imagine it would be more than a month before Vegacomb HC 3.2 was on it.

  • 0

#27
arnookie

arnookie

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
This info was from a manager instore who said he had played with a working test unit a few weeks ago.
He said that he beleives his customers deserve the right to know what is coming and recons he will not bow to pressure about leaking info.
But maybe he is full of crap but with what he said it's very beleivable to a point. He says he can't see what the big deal is with hiding info. Still very unsure about the tegra 3 though. Still don't think that will be correct as I can't see dsg getting tegra 3 before anyone else.

Maybe he will get in trouble if dsg find out he is leaking info. ; O)

Rundown on what he a stated so far and insists it's fact

Rumour in pcworld is that it will be :-
Tegra 3.
16gb ram for apps
7inch and 10inch versions
GPS
better screen.
2.2 kernel upgrade to 3.2 in NOV / DEC
Still no market? weired as I thought we would get that. Although he stated it was a test machine he had seen so maybe it will come installed.
Unlocked and rooted from release. Confirmed by dsg memo Happy days. Unlocked? Do we get sim socket?
£265 ? £285 on release. but not confirmed. : O)
Sounds a little dear should be no more than £250 in my opinion. They may get away with that price if specs match the above.
If not Then I think no more than £230 would be reasonable.
Septembre release hopefully.

Edited by arnookie, 17 August 2011 - 10:00 PM.

  • 0

#28
piknik67

piknik67

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Would be great if Vega 2 supported the current Vega Dock :)

  • 0

#29
FC360

FC360

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Tegra 3? I find that kinda hard to believe as it's only just been released and usually takes a few months for a hardware manufacturer to build and test devices that run on new tech. I would expect tegra 3 devices to start being shipped in early 2012.

I would have thought it would use a 1.2ghz tegra 2 with better screen, maybe some more ram and some more features and updated operating system.

I'm considering buying a Vega but I'm not sure if I should wait or just buy the Vega, another option would be to wait till the Vega 2 comes out and then buy a Vega as the price would drop.

Edited by FC360, 02 September 2011 - 04:00 PM.

  • 0

#30
Maringer

Maringer

    Diehard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
I think it is actually quite likely that Vega 2 could contain a T3. NVidia's original schedule claimed T3 would be available in tablets by August but this was perhaps a little ambitious. However, some rumours state that Ice Cream Sandwich for tablets is going to debut on the Tegra 3 and ICS is scheduled for October/November so we should see T3 tablets soon.

It will be interesting to see what Vega 2 is like. Hopefully it will have a decent screen - perhaps too much to hope for, however?!?

  • 0

#31
gaz_d

gaz_d

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:advent vega
Any update on how long it's going to be. I've just smashed my v1 and don't know if to go like for like or get the V2

  • 0

#32
u38966

u38966

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Location:Scotland
  • Devices:HTC Desire

Any update on how long it's going to be. I've just smashed my v1 and don't know if to go like for like or get the V2


Just had it confirmed that its around 5 weeks according to Leigh at Dixons Delivery. No details, although I have asked if they have details of the spec.




dixonsdeliveryDixons Support Team

@u38966 Hi, My apologies for the latereply. I have received details that we are expecting the Vega 2 in around 5weeks. - Leigh

Sep 19, 8:39 AMvia web

  • 0
You tried and failed. The lesson is never try.

#33
gaz_d

gaz_d

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:advent vega

Just had it confirmed that its around 5 weeks according to Leigh at Dixons Delivery. No details, although I have asked if they have details of the spec.




dixonsdeliveryDixons Support Team

@u38966 Hi, My apologies for the latereply. I have received details that we are expecting the Vega 2 in around 5weeks. - Leigh

Sep 19, 8:39 AMvia web


Thanks

I'll sit on the fence for a few more weeks then and see what the v2 islike

  • 0

#34
unclebob31

unclebob31

    Regular

  • MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S
http://www.myefox.co...let-pc-p-267397

and

http://www.isalechin...et-pc_p719.html

Shipping date 20th Oct. Looks legit. Still tegra 2.

  • 0

#35
MikhailM

MikhailM

    Regular

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Devices:Advent Vega, POV Mobii

http://www.myefox.co...let-pc-p-267397

and

http://www.isalechin...et-pc_p719.html

Shipping date 20th Oct. Looks legit. Still tegra 2.


Yes, still Tegra 2, but 1GB ram, better screen (1280 x 800), thinner (10.5 mm) and much lighter (600g)! Also apparently there is a protective cover, although that is not shown anywhere. New dock incorporates a speaker.

Edited by MikhailM, 19 October 2011 - 04:26 PM.

  • 0

#36
Furbz

Furbz

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yes, still Tegra 2, but 1GB ram, better screen (1280 x 800), thinner (10.5 mm) and much lighter (600g)! Also apparently there is a protective cover, although that is not shown anywhere. New dock incorporates a speaker.



Looks good, however, the price? If, as we sometime see Dollar v GBP equivalence, would that be a price of approx £350 Posted Image. I hope notPosted Image

If that were to be the case then there would be better alternatives for that price. Worst case scenario mode = ON. Posted Image

  • 0

#37
Jacobyte

Jacobyte

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

1319218330[/url]' post='1829199']
Looks good, however, the price? If, as we sometime see Dollar v GBP equivalence, would that be a price of approx £350 Posted Image. I hope notPosted Image

If that were to be the case then there would be better alternatives for that price. Worst case scenario mode = ON. Posted Image


If you follow one of the links above its on sale for $349

  • 0

#38
Furbz

Furbz

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If you follow one of the links above its on sale for $349


Which given current exchange rates would be £220 approx...which would be nice Posted Image. However, I hope that would be the case as in current vega 1 prices and not £349 as sometimes we see as just changing dollar sign for £ sign Posted Image. I'm in if it's £220!! Well...if it has a better screen then it may well proove to be a steal.

Thx for replying my friend.

Edited by Furbz, 21 October 2011 - 10:25 PM.

  • 0

#39
MikhailM

MikhailM

    Regular

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Devices:Advent Vega, POV Mobii

Looks good, however, the price? If, as we sometime see Dollar v GBP equivalence, would that be a price of approx £350 Posted Image. I hope notPosted Image

If that were to be the case then there would be better alternatives for that price. Worst case scenario mode = ON. Posted Image


One of the sites allows you to select currency and re-calculates it into Pounds. 225 GBP for a WIFI only version, 275 GBP for a 3G version. About 22 GBP for the new port with speaker. This is if ordered from China.

  • 0

#40
Furbz

Furbz

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

One of the sites allows you to select currency and re-calculates it into Pounds. 225 GBP for a WIFI only version, 275 GBP for a 3G version. About 22 GBP for the new port with speaker. This is if ordered from China.


Cheers for that info m8 Posted Image. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these bad boys to check out the screen.

  • 0




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users