The story so far is
- I recompiled the kernel (pulled from Kallt_Kaffe's github) with USB host/OTG support, flashed on the V9 with no problems
- It will not work with non-powered USB devices, looks like the V9 is not supplying power to the micro USB port
- If I plugged a powered device in after booting, the V9 reboots
- I need to connect a powered USB hub (I guess any powered USB devices will do) and restart the V9 for it to use any of the devices plugged into the hub. So far USB flash stick, USB hard disk mouse, and keyboard worked.
- I used the Q5_USB_Memory_Manager.apk to mount USB disks. It works with FAT32 drives. To mount NTFS drive, i need to mount it in terminal (and I can use an USB keyborad to type) because the umask wasn't set correctly by the app.
- I also have the Huawei S7 (a similar grade device), Other than the NTFS mounting issue, it does not have the other problems.
Edit: Now, I can use a powered device without re-starting the tab. All I have to do is to plug the hub in first and then supply power to the hub. Main hurdle now is how to get the V9 to supply power to the USB devices.
Edited by forforum, 31 July 2011 - 08:50 AM.