Official 2.2.2 for MTS 916 (ZTE Racer)

Guest smg22rus

Guest Denkro

yeah russian 4pda team must create update.zip package,because i am sure noone can update zte from other country,because original ftm is only for mts 916,impossible to put on my zte racer....i ve try too many times trough adb shell.

Here's an update on the MTS 2.2.2. in .zip format. http://dl.dropbox.co...cake_signed.zip

Recovery must gen2. http://dl.dropbox.co...gen2-v2.2.1.img

Edited by Denkro

Guest buzzhaina

What does this mean to gen1 devices? Can I change it to gen2 and if I can is there any issues if I want to install 2.3.4 roms again.

So is it fair to believe this to be a gateway for gen2 2.3.4 or something:-P or am i being foolish:-s

Guest darkmad

i want 2.2.2 and don't want 2.3.4,how to do that:)

You can do it using USDL software. To get TPT files from MTC 2.2.2 update, run MTS installer, go to directory c:\windows\sysdy while it running. You'll find files directory, it contains all you need. Then you must read thistopic Also, you need read, how to backup/restore NVRAM settings, it is very important. Good luck!

Guest darkmad

how to run mts instaler??/darkmad

simply run it and wait for it's window to appear, then do what i said in previous post. Also keep in mind that you will lose warranty until you have any part of firmware in your phone that was made for other country/operator than yours. I think that MTC 2.2.2 is one of the first new FW and sometimes offcial ANdroid 2.2.2 FWs will be available for racer user in other vountries. And, at last, this FW is not so iteresting to do this hard work to get it on your phone.

Guest Jésus Alberto

Do you see many advantages with that rom? I think MTS just started with Froyo and the others will follow it around the world in a question of time. So I prefer to wait.

i cant get my phone into download mode

usdl program dont recognize my phone

Edited by Jésus Alberto

Guest Arun lakshmaiah

Can anybody create zip file for racer by using official android 2.2.2 which is released for mtc 916................... Is it possible to create zip file or wat... can anybody do tat plsssssss...????????

Guest darkmad

Can anybody create zip file for racer by using official android 2.2.2 which is released for mtc 916................... Is it possible to create zip file or wat... can anybody do tat plsssssss...????????

It will not work because of incompatibility with current partitioning and other stuff. This is a Gen2 firmware and u usually have a gen1 phone. U can get this FW on your phone only using USDL software, it is not so easy and, IMHO, absolutely unnecessary. And you will not be able to return your phone to it's previous state because onlt chinese X850 TPT files are available ATM.