ANoTher Theme by Salisbury_Steak [v1.1 07222011]

Guest salisbury_steak

Guest salisbury_steak

ANoTher (Almost Not There) Theme for your Optimus 2X P990

Designed for stock ROM v10c (Tested working on v10d & v10e)

Ok, so I am one of the few people who are choosing to stay on our stock ROM. And because I don't see alot of flashable custom stuff for this ROM, I decided to release what I've been using.

(It's kinda wierd to call it a theme since I changed only a few parts of the ROM, things like the laggy LG lockscreen, and the huge-@$ clock in the status bar. I am also a fan of how the LG ROM looks so I generally tried to maintain the overall feel to it.)

The theme includes the ff:

• Circular battery with meter (hybrid charging animation) - thanks to UOT kitchen
  • Smaller font size for the status bar clock (regardless of system font style) - thanks to piter1225
  • AOSP lockscreen - thanks to Paul of MoDaCo
  • Transparent sliders for the lockscreen - thanks to UOT Kitchen
  • A snazzy "Optimus 2X" brand on your status pulldown bar - thanks to 75markus & Paki0402
  • Head-turning SU660 bootanimation - thanks to BigBoy
  • All in a compact flashable zip! - thanks to Sileshn for teaching me how

If you would like a bigger list of fonts to use (I'm using Ubuntu), you can flash djmcnz's font apk v2.

If you would like to take the modding further and remove the power bar or music control widget on your status bar, I would recommend Mjuksel's cleaner status bar mod.

Again, all things in this post are intended for stock rom v10c Make sure to nandroid backup before performing any flashing. I will not be responsible if you mess up your phone.

And lastly, some screenshots:

2011-07-22114850.png

2011-07-22114916.png

2011-07-22114942.png

2011-07-22115006.png

Download now!

Edited by salisbury_steak

Guest salisbury_steak

Changelog:

v1.1:

Added status bar footer fix by Paki0402

v1:

Origination

Edited by salisbury_steak

Guest salisbury_steak

Great stuff!! Thanks for contributing, it's all about sharing! biggrin.gif

Thanks Involver! Yep, I got inspired by all the threads I've been to both here and on XDA. :)

Guest ololizoz

Could you upload a package for going back to original? I will try it in a moment but I don't want to flash it until I know that I can go back to original.

Edited by ololizoz

Guest salisbury_steak

Thanks, small changes but very nices, works ok. I like it.

Great job. Will try it later

Thank you very much for the kind words. I really appreciate it. :)

Could you upload a package for going back to original? I will try it in a moment but I don't want to flash it until I know that I can go back to original.

I'm sorry ololizoz, but I honestly do not know how to remove someparts (such as the AOSP lockscreen for example). If anyone can help create a stock rom flashable theme, that will be great.

In the meantime, I highly recommend doing a nandroid backup just before flashing my theme (or any flashable zip for that matter).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest salisbury_steak

Thanks for trying it Orlox.

That's strange since the content of the theme should not do anything to your sd card data. May I know which ROM are you on?

i was on stock 622 10c with some mods by me like switched internal external sd. I dont remember if i had neoblaze kernel on or not. I checked your zip and your files should nt be responsible but its weired it happened after i applied the zip.

For a weired reason after the zip /data couldnt get mounted.

Edited by orlox

No worries. It still makes me wonder how those files conflicted with sd and data. It was a good oportunity to upgrade from 10c 622 to 10d 725.

As an aftermath. I found an application that can change the battery. rom toolbox is the name. I tryed it and the the result was the same as your file but, after 3 restarts the phone fixed it shelf! How? at the second restart i read at the boot animation something like "checking system".

Any ideas?

Guest salisbury_steak

LG placed a system file integrity check it seems. And it does that when it detects foreign system files. I have no idea about the technicalities in it though.

Glad to hear you got everything running though. :-)