Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Devices:See sig

I hardly got it for free, £35 x 24 = £840

Are you saying you didn't get minutes, texts and data plans in that contract? ;).

EDIT: Wait a sec, what network were you with that charged you £35 a month for a 2 year contract?! That's mental, I got mine for £30 on an 18 month (500 mins, 500mb data, unlim. texts (Vodafone))!

Edited by Atomix86, 27 July 2011 - 09:27 AM.

Nasty budget phones, begone! Hello sexy brand new Galaxy S2!

lordjubblydave

lordjubblydave

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Devices:M8-MotoG-GPad_8.3
  • Twitter:@jubblydave

Are you saying you didn't get minutes, texts and data plans in that contract? ;).

EDIT: Wait a sec, what network were you with that charged you £35 a month for a 2 year contract?! That's mental, I got mine for £30 on an 18 month (500 mins, 500mb data, unlim. texts (Vodafone))!

Tmobile.
I got proper raped by Phones4U (as usual)

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Tmobile.
I got proper raped by Phones4U (as usual)

:( sorry to hear that man, I can understand your frustration now!

ididmytime

ididmytime

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Are you talking about the Galaxy S?

If so, thats pretty expensive. I've seen the SGS on free contract for as little as £18.

Edited by ididmytime, 27 July 2011 - 11:37 AM.

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Are you talking about the Galaxy S?

If so, thats pretty expensive. I've seen the SGS on free contract for as little as £18.

£18/m when it first came out (eg when I took the contract out)? No chance.

hemant1

hemant1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Lg Cookie :l
Anyone know were I can sell my Lg cookie for more then £10?

ididmytime

ididmytime

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

£18/m when it first came out (eg when I took the contract out)? No chance.

My mistake, would explain why it's so high.

Crazy to think how phones go down in price so quickly. This time next year the S2 will probably be cheap on a contract.

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Anyone know were I can sell my Lg cookie for more then £10?

Wrong thread, but eBay ;).

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

My mistake, would explain why it's so high.

Crazy to think how phones go down in price so quickly. This time next year the S2 will probably be cheap on a contract.

So true, tech moves so fast, which is good for gadget nerds like me, but its why I really begrudge 24 month contracts :P .

Anil K Solanki

Anil K Solanki

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy NEXUS
  • Twitter:@aksolanki

but I can't see myself paying 150 (which includes a top up I don't even need) when you can get something like a Desire HD for just a little more, or go bargain hunting in the pre owned market.

Hi, I'm thinking of giving my Blade to my girlfriend so she can replace her Nokia 5800. I was thinking of getting a Skate if the price is £150. I love the Blade I don't need any more speed or higher specs other than a bigger screen. But you said in your post that for a few quid more I can get a Desire HD? Really? No handcuff contract etc? Please tell me where.

Thanks. Anil.

PS. I have searched extensively, but the Desire HD is at least double the price of the Skate.

Edited by Anil k Solanki, 27 July 2011 - 02:43 PM.

Galaxy NEXUS with a side of Jelly Bean.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts
  • Devices:Blade V, I9000, Blade
At that price, it's probably a better buy than I expected it to be for a first time user. But for me, the Blade is pretty much perfect. Only if it was that price and an ARMv7 (wishful thinking I know and hence why I said no buy in the poll before we knew anything about it lol) would it tempt me to upgrade.

I wonder if they'll do an existing customer discount again. Because if not, that makes the price difference between the 2 a lot bigger. A Blade actually costs £85 if you know anyone with Orange.

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

k0zmic

k0zmic

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero & HTC Sensation XE

I have searched extensively, but the Desire HD is at least double the price of the Skate.

Yeah, the cheapest I could find it was for around £320 from a reputable seller.

I didn't search eBay though and I only looked for new DHD's.

spanner44

spanner44

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S i9000
I think this is a dilemma that a few owners of the blade are going to pomder on.

For me, I am happy with my blade running GSF custom Rom, though it has a cracked screen that I can live for now. I would like to in a couple of months upgrade to another phone with a larger screen and better specs in general, but cannot yet see if the skate/monte-Carlo will be a bigger enough improvement over the san Fransico, or to see what I can find on ebay, but what to ?

Posted Image

ididmytime

ididmytime

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Hi, I'm thinking of giving my Blade to my girlfriend so she can replace her Nokia 5800. I was thinking of getting a Skate if the price is £150. I love the Blade I don't need any more speed or higher specs other than a bigger screen. But you said in your post that for a few quid more I can get a Desire HD? Really? No handcuff contract etc? Please tell me where.

Thanks. Anil.

PS. I have searched extensively, but the Desire HD is at least double the price of the Skate.

Someone posted about an LG from amazon.de for £150 new. Vastly better specs than anything at that price, 1ghz and 720p HD video capture.

Trouble being its a windows phone, but i would choose it over a skate anyday.

Edited by ididmytime, 27 July 2011 - 09:25 PM.

k0zmic

k0zmic

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Someone posted about an LG from amazon.de for £150 new. Vastly better specs than anything at that price, 1ghz and 720p HD video capture.

That was me :D.

I agree the specs are far better, but the lack of apps puts me off. Maybe for someone else it would be a viable alternative.

That said, I'd be delighted to have it as my second/backup phone because at that price it's quality. You can also update it to Mango fairly easily if you check out XDA.

Link here: LG E900 Optimus 7 Smartphone: Amazon.de: Electronics

I spotted it on HUKD and it seems quite a few have purchased it from over here in the UK.

I just spotted this as well: http://www.hotukdeal...44-ebuye/984231.

Hope I'm not going too off-topic here.

Edited by k0zmic, 27 July 2011 - 09:47 PM.

hajj_3

hajj_3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
@fibblesam, is the cpu 800mhz or 1ghz? what res video will it shoot? does it support flash? will the hd voice be coming to non-orange manufacturers otherwise we will only get great audio by phoning other orange users with suitable handsets?

k0zmic

k0zmic

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

@fibblesam, is the cpu 800mhz or 1ghz? what res video will it shoot? does it support flash? will the hd voice be coming to non-orange manufacturers otherwise we will only get great audio by phoning other orange users with suitable handsets?

It's 800MHz as the ZTE rep confirmed. It doesn't support Flash (at least not yet) since the processor is not ARM v7.

Regarding HD Voice & Video I have a feeling that HD Voice will be Orange only but I may well be wrong and I can't seem to find any info the on the video res, I'm guessing it's not 720p though.

Anil K Solanki

Anil K Solanki

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Thanks for the info. Windows? No thanks, I like the ANDROID way of doing things. Hardware specs are relative to the running software. I think a Blade running Cyanogen would be far better, than Pineapple, sorry, Mango running on superior hardware. I look forward to user reports of the Skate.

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki, 27 July 2011 - 11:29 PM.

Anil K Solanki

Anil K Solanki

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

That was me :D.
I agree the specs are far better, but the lack of apps puts me off. Maybe for someone else it would be a viable alternative.
That said, I'd be delighted to have it as my second/backup phone because at that price it's quality. You can also update it to Mango fairly easily if you check out XDA.
Link here: LG E900 Optimus 7 Smartphone: Amazon.de: Electronics
I spotted it on HUKD and it seems quite a few have purchased it from over here in the UK.
I just spotted this as well: http://www.hotukdeal...44-ebuye/984231.
Hope I'm not going too off-topic here.

Hi k0zmic, quick question. Can you run any flavour of ANDROID on the LG E900?
My apologies too for going off topic.

Anil.

EDIT. I've done some more research and the LG isn't really what I want anyway, so my question is moot, sorry.

Edited by Anil k Solanki, 28 July 2011 - 03:42 AM.

Tooslow

Tooslow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Ancient Nokia
Have you seen http://tinyurl.com/3bkemxv ?

It confirms the release date but shows an 800MHz processor. As for the price...!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users