74 replies to this topic

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Devices:See sig

Have you seen http://tinyurl.com/3bkemxv ?

It confirms the release date but shows an 800MHz processor. As for the price...!!!!

Another fail price.

Nasty budget phones, begone! Hello sexy brand new Galaxy S2!

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts
  • Devices:Blade V, I9000, Blade

Have you seen http://tinyurl.com/3bkemxv ?

It confirms the release date but shows an 800MHz processor. As for the price...!!!!

As posted in the Blade forum, they also sell the Blade (well the Libra) for £180. Orange are discounting these things quite a lot!!

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

hemant1

hemant1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Lg Cookie :l
Sorry about the off-topic post earlier.
Will there be an unofficial flash on the monte carlo? My little brothers saying that cause it's arm6 it won't work properly and will be really laggy

k0zmic

k0zmic

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero & HTC Sensation XE

Sorry about the off-topic post earlier.
Will there be an unofficial flash on the monte carlo? My little brothers saying that cause it's arm6 it won't work properly and will be really laggy

Just because it's ARM v6 it doesn't mean it's going to be laggy. But yes I do reckon custom ROM's will be made for it.

ThermalDroid

ThermalDroid

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Law and hacking, good mix;)
  • Devices:San Fran 2.3.4

next android phone for me has to have hardware keyboard and arm7.

Same Posted Image but I do like the look of that HTC 7Pro that has been in that play.com banner ad

Current phones:

San Francisco Pretty much dead.
Atrix my beautiful atrix!
HTC Desire don't like it, it's sitting in a draw.

Tooslow

Tooslow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Ancient Nokia

As posted in the Blade forum, they also sell the Blade (well the Libra) for £180. Orange are discounting these things quite a lot!!

Why do you say "Orange are discounting these things quite a lot" ? Amazon charge £109.99. http://tinyurl.com/3d9ep5x or you can buy from Argos even cheaper.

And what's a Libra when it's at home?

If you look at the cost of a phone, then add in 12, 18 or 24 * monthly SIM only deal, how does that compare with a monthly deal that includes the same phone? I'm looking at buying my first smart phone and it's looking very much like the "subsidised phone" idea is a myth.

This is a great forum, I've learnt a lot, There are many people on here who know what they are talking about, but there are many who seem to present wishful thinking as fact.

k0zmic

k0zmic

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero & HTC Sensation XE

Why do you say "Orange are discounting these things quite a lot" ? Amazon charge £109.99. http://tinyurl.com/3d9ep5x or you can buy from Argos even cheaper.

Because the Libra has practically the same specs as the San Francisco, if the Orange branded version is sold for around the £100 mark, it shows the extent as to which Orange are 'discounting' the branded version of the phone.

Edited by k0zmic, 28 July 2011 - 07:02 PM.

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

And what's a Libra when it's at home?

If you look at the cost of a phone, then add in 12, 18 or 24 * monthly SIM only deal, how does that compare with a monthly deal that includes the same phone? I'm looking at buying my first smart phone and it's looking very much like the "subsidised phone" idea is a myth.

This is a great forum, I've learnt a lot, There are many people on here who know what they are talking about, but there are many who seem to present wishful thinking as fact.

Precisely. people seem to think that they are going to pay for the phone and magically get all the calls, data and texts etc free for the next 2 years.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,640 posts

@fibblesam, is the cpu 800mhz or 1ghz? what res video will it shoot? does it support flash? will the hd voice be coming to non-orange manufacturers otherwise we will only get great audio by phoning other orange users with suitable handsets?

The Monte Carlo is 800MHz. The ZTE Skate, I do not know. Will know in a few days for sure!

ZTE_SeanJacko

ZTE_SeanJacko

Official ZTE Rep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Mobile communications, journalism, public relations and Nottingham Forest.
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@SeanJacko

It's 800MHz as the ZTE rep confirmed. It doesn't support Flash (at least not yet) since the processor is not ARM v7.

Regarding HD Voice & Video I have a feeling that HD Voice will be Orange only but I may well be wrong and I can't seem to find any info the on the video res, I'm guessing it's not 720p though.

Correct - the 800MHz processor means it won't do HD record and replay.

I work for AxiCom the European PR agency that represents ZTE. I am involved in this forum in order to help out members as best I can with ZTE-related matters.
I won't have the answers to all your queries, but I will do my best to help out however I can.

hemant1

hemant1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Will the £139 price be including the top up?

The Soup Thief

The Soup Thief

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 (N4 etc retired)
  • Twitter:@TheSoupThief

Will the £139 price be including the top up?

I've read here that it won't. Nor will it include the inevitable network unlock (though this will probably be available gratis pdq). I wonder if they will use the same code system as on the Blade? Would be kinda kewl if they don't, so the existing calculators work on the new device
So 150 quid for a bigger blade. Not bad (if you don't have a blade already). As it stands mine does everything I need so I'll be staying put (barring mishaps)

ronc2000

ronc2000

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

So 150 quid for a bigger blade.

So it seems!

Anil K Solanki

Anil K Solanki

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy NEXUS
  • Twitter:@aksolanki

I've read here that it won't. Nor will it include the inevitable network unlock (though this will probably be available gratis pdq). I wonder if they will use the same code system as on the Blade? Would be kinda kewl if they don't, so the existing calculators work on the new device
So 150 quid for a bigger blade. Not bad (if you don't have a blade already). As it stands mine does everything I need so I'll be staying put (barring mishaps)

After the user reviews are in, and the phone has some custom ROMS. I foresee that you will be having a "mishap" with your Blade. :)

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki, 29 July 2011 - 05:49 PM.

Galaxy NEXUS with a side of Jelly Bean.

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

given that the 2.6.32 kernel for the blade has plenty of skate code in it, i suspect that they're binary compatible - which looks good for using the skate 2.6.35 on blade (lets not forget that the leaked 2.6.35 kernel works on the blade and yet is probably from the skate) or blade cm7 on skate.

perhaps why ZTE decided to stick with the arm6 instead of arm7 - new phone hardware with little more development required than maybe the odd chip driver.

hemant1

hemant1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
One more thing guys I know the is off topic but should I buy the Lg Optimus 7 instead of this?
They're gonna be at the same price once you have to make the top up for the skate and the LG does have better specs
Im thinking of buying a phone for long term use E.g. 2 years +
That's why I'm worried the skate will break for me sooner

Edited by hemant1, 30 July 2011 - 07:18 PM.

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

One more thing guys I know the is off topic but should I buy the Lg Optimus 7 instead of this?
They're gonna be at the same price once you have to make the top up for the skate and the LG does have better specs

From a tech standpoint, it would be a simple yes. However, they both use different operating systems, whichever one you prefer is something you have to decide for yourself.

Modifoid

Modifoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

£150? is that new or second hand? I saw some second hand ones for £150 but the cheapest new one I could find was £191.99 inc Vat from Handtec.

I think it looks remarkably similar to the Huawei X5 in both shape and spec..

I do like the spec but Windows.......nah......if I were you I would hold off until the Skate is released and see what it's processor is.

hemant1

hemant1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

£150? is that new or second hand? I saw some second hand ones for £150 but the cheapest new one I could find was £191.99 inc Vat from Handtec.

I think it looks remarkably similar to the Huawei X5 in both shape and spec..

I do like the spec but Windows.......nah......if I were you I would hold off until the Skate is released and see what it's processor is.

Kinda like £138 now saw it on Hot UK Deals

http://www.hotukdeal...5/975468?page=5

Btu yh Prob will wait until skate is released then I'll decide
@Atomix Thanks for that prob will get Lg though it looks alot cooler

Pierreism

Pierreism

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
It's still an okay deal. The Blackberry Curve 3G is like £180 in Orange still and it's got pitiful specs compared to the Blade. I really want to see the screen on this thing to see if it's a good quality LCD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users