Streak almost freezes nearly daily

Guest thebushmans

Guest thebushmans

I've had my streak for many months now, and within hours of getting it I was putting the different versions of Streakdroid on it. That said, for as long as I've had it, I've noticed that no matter what OS, no matter what programs (even straight stock), it has had a tendency to slow down (it's nearly unresponsive) at least daily to the point where I find that it would be faster to just power-cycle it versus waiting for whatever program is up to respond.

Any idea why? I'm really getting sick of this, but I really love my Streak.

Guest WakeRider89

I've had the same problem here lately and its only happened since I updated to streakdroid 1.9.1. I never did a factory reset which could be the problem. I also know some guys have been having issues with the summer heat and I live on the Gulf Coast in the US and its been very hot here for the past couple of months so this could be playing a major role in freezes and restarts as well.

I'm sure this isnt much help but post what current version and baseband your running and you might get a better response from some of the guys that still lurk here. Also try a nandroid backup and then follow up with a factory reset and see if you get any results.

Guest thebushmans

Thanks for the suggestions! I've reinstalled 1.9.1 a few times... I've even installed the factory 354 image and then installed 1.9.1 (with and without a factory reset in between). Not sure what else to do. Right now, I'm running baseband GAUSB1A135411-US with Steve's 1.9.1.

I'm in Italy right now, and my phone spends most of its life in A/C... Not thinking that environment is playing a huge factor in this case. I was on the coast too until recently... I left Biloxi for Italy... kinda miss it.

Thanks again.

I've had the same problem here lately and its only happened since I updated to streakdroid 1.9.1. I never did a factory reset which could be the problem. I also know some guys have been having issues with the summer heat and I live on the Gulf Coast in the US and its been very hot here for the past couple of months so this could be playing a major role in freezes and restarts as well.

I'm sure this isnt much help but post what current version and baseband your running and you might get a better response from some of the guys that still lurk here. Also try a nandroid backup and then follow up with a factory reset and see if you get any results.

Guest marvin02

So there's nobody else out there with this problem? I guess my Streak is just hosed then... weak.

Do you have SetCPU on your phone? Try setting the minimum speed for the CPU to 384 instead of 245.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thebushmans

Do you have SetCPU on your phone? Try setting the minimum speed for the CPU to 384 instead of 245.

That seems to have done the trick! Thanks for the suggestion.

Guest WakeRider89

Tried setcpu and the lowest it will let me set it is 245 and 576. I am running dj_steve's 1.9.1 and didnt have this problem on 1.9.0? Was there something changed as far as a heat safety shutdown point?

I can also load an error report but I wouldnt know what to do with it.

Any advice on some stuff I can check?

Edited by WakeRider89