138 replies to this topic

cgk

cgk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Can't get past the set-up wizard it's stuck in a loop of endless force-close (using latest version of this rom)?

Any suggestions?

Aurimas L.

Aurimas L.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Huawei G300
Is it possible to upgrade to Simple Fry from GSF without data wipe?

ZTE Blade with Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5) @ 691Mhz
Huawei Ascend G300 with CM10 @ 1228Mhz

Pierreism

Pierreism

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
From wbaw on the XDA forums:

There isn't much point in continuing with this particular rom now that CM7 has the .35 kernel, new wifi driver & 16bit patch.

CM7 is now better in every possible way & it's a proper community run open source project. GSF was only meant as a stopgap until the .35 kernel source had been released & integrated into CM7. I only made it because I was annoyed about the wifi being killed when the screen was off in roms using the old wifi driver.

Also, official zte android 2.3.5 has been released & nobody noticed for nearly a month

And finally, Ice Cream Sandwich may be coming to the Blade very soon.

So, I'll be doing what I can to help improve CM7. I recommend everybody upgrades to CM7. It's way ahead of this rom, lots more cool features, fewer bugs, now the ui is just as fast (with 16bit hack) & the wifi works properly (thanks to the .35 kernel & new wifi driver).

I'll leave the links up here for anybody that still wants gsf, but it's become outdated, it wont get another update & I recommend CM7.

... add to that the latest CM7 stable was released yesterday and I'd say that there's no reason not to jump to CM7 from now on. (Back up all apps first.) I've had as good an experience with CM7 as with GSF.

Edited by Pierreism, 11 October 2011 - 04:39 PM.

Aurimas L.

Aurimas L.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Huawei G300
CM7 is full of shitty stuff... If CM was clean as GSF, mmm B)

ZTE Blade with Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5) @ 691Mhz
Huawei Ascend G300 with CM10 @ 1228Mhz

Pierreism

Pierreism

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

CM7 is full of shitty stuff... If CM was clean as GSF, mmm B)

I agree! But it took me 2 minutes tops to remove all the excess baggage (ADW Launcher is the main culprit.)

Use the Stock Gingerbread Launcher that's available in the Market for free and hey presto, a vanilla Android experience.

Per Åkesson

Per Åkesson

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Documenting software.
  • Devices:Moldovan 6 and Elite Blade 2
Hi everybody!

I have one reason to stick with GSF / SSF:

The ZTE Dialer, which displays my contact groups. Without the dialer, I only know the apps Go and Youlu, which display contact groups. But they display ALL my 1000 Google contacts, causing great confusion.

I only want the selected (tagged as My contacts) ca 200 contacts from Goolge to display on the phone, divided in the groups. And only the ZTE stock dialer does that, as far as I know.

Is there a solution?

Using circle battery mod and ZTE dialer where I see contacts in groups.

Pierreism

Pierreism

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Hi everybody!

I have one reason to stick with GSF / SSF:

The ZTE Dialer, which displays my contact groups. Without the dialer, I only know the apps Go and Youlu, which display contact groups. But they display ALL my 1000 Google contacts, causing great confusion.

I only want the selected (tagged as My contacts) ca 200 contacts from Goolge to display on the phone, divided in the groups. And only the ZTE stock dialer does that, as far as I know.

Is there a solution?

Star them all and then sort by Starred Contacts only?

2smart4class

2smart4class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:zte
i got a strange issue with b27 i cant uninstall apps by dragging and drop, can only uninstall manually via settings manage apps etc.. any have similar issues??

Edited by 2smart4class, 13 October 2011 - 07:58 PM.

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Can anyone please post working link to Simple Stir Fry b26 Full.

Also I would like to know if it's possible to flash the old kernel from b26 to b27 and if this will fix the "green LED always on" issue in b27??

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by elrond_bs, 14 October 2011 - 06:42 AM.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

h@mster81

h@mster81

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G 16GB
I wonder if there will be a "simple/lite" edition of official Libra 2.3.5 ROM?

okornel

okornel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
Hi. How to install AOSP dialer on the full version? Thanks.

Edited by okornel, 14 October 2011 - 02:46 PM.

ThePain

ThePain

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play, Dell XCD35
Hi

Just installed the lite version of this rom yesterday and i love it. Thanks Matthew. Great Job Done.

The link for the zte dialer is dead. Can someone please re-up. Thanks

The Pain !

ZTE Blade - BladeMix 360/Swedish Snow RLS3 - V6 Supercharged and Kickass Kernelizer!!
Xperia Play - OFW : 4.0.2.A.0.42 - BL Unlocked, Rooted, Doomlord's v10 Kernel and Bravia Engine, V6 Supercharged and Kickass Kernelizer!!

Andr0ider

Andr0ider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Orange SF

From wbaw on the XDA forums:

... add to that the latest CM7 stable was released yesterday and I'd say that there's no reason not to jump to CM7 from now on. (Back up all apps first.) I've had as good an experience with CM7 as with GSF.

Installed CM7 (224 AFAIR) , tried for a coulpe of hours and went back to GSF b27, which is still the best OSF ROM to me.

Per Åkesson

Per Åkesson

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Documenting software.
  • Devices:Moldovan 6 and Elite Blade 2

Star them all and then sort by Starred Contacts only?

thanks, but that would give more trouble. I have only about 20 starred contacts, saved for this special group

Using circle battery mod and ZTE dialer where I see contacts in groups.

Matthew Ferguson

Matthew Ferguson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade
Hey all,

Sorry it's been a while since I've last posted, I've been trying to create a Simple version of CM7, and it's presented a lot of hassle. I'm also here to deliver yet more bad news - I might be moving away from the Blade in the near future.

Although the Blade's been a nice handset in terms of software to be on, I just miss the way a quality handset felt, like my old HTC Diamond (although the software was terrible).

I also, after using a family member's iPhone 4S extensively, and WP7 devices, find myself feeling that Android lacks the slick smoothness that both of these alternatives offer (even on high end phones such as the Sensation). As a result, I'll be switching to either an iPhone 4 or a Samsung Omnia 7 when I have the cash available.

Sorry for the bad news again guys, depending on when I choose to switch I might release a Simple build of CM7 (if I can get it to work) or Libra Gingerbread if I get the time.

As my Blade's power button and USB port are beginning to fail, even though it's an OLED model, it's not for sale, so please don't contact me about this.

Best wishes,

Matthew

Orange San Francisco Black OLED Gen2
SanDisk 16GB Class 2 SD
Recovery: ClockworkMod 4.0.1.5
System: Simple Stir Fry Full b27

Pierreism

Pierreism

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
Thanks for the ROM Matthew! I'm sure it'll power many Blades for months (hopefully not years! upgrade asap, people!) to come.

Also I'd heartily recommend a Win7 device now. With Mango it stands toe-to-toe with any other OS in my opinion.

Kuoi

Kuoi

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE

The link for the zte dialer is dead. Can someone please re-up. Thanks

ZTE Dialer link : GSF/SSF ZTE Dialer

Running Blade Mix 360

ThePain

ThePain

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play, Dell XCD35

ZTE Dialer link : GSF/SSF ZTE Dialer

Thanks Kuoi,

Can this directly be installed from the recovery menu. Do i need to wipe anything before the install. Thanks.

The Pain !

ZTE Blade - BladeMix 360/Swedish Snow RLS3 - V6 Supercharged and Kickass Kernelizer!!
Xperia Play - OFW : 4.0.2.A.0.42 - BL Unlocked, Rooted, Doomlord's v10 Kernel and Bravia Engine, V6 Supercharged and Kickass Kernelizer!!

M@X

M@X

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-BLADE
Can someone plz Mirror the b27 full version . I am unable to download it ..Link seems to be dead.
Plz mirror it to mediafire or Hotfile. :(

Edited by M@X, 29 October 2012 - 04:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users