Emode without ZTEDialer

Guest FelixL

Guest Tom G

It looks like zte roms load some proximity sensor init app at startup, but a few people still complain about the bug on ginger stir fry. so i'm not sure if the zte version works on the gingerbread leak, it looks like it should write a file, but the directory is empty on my phone, maybe it's just because it's not needed on my phone.

I've not had any proximity sensor problem, on 3 blades. It seems to only affect a small minority of phones, or bright light has also been mentioned as a possible factor. I don't really know anything about the problem, except what other people have said, I've never seen it, so I can't test anything out.

TomG also said that app is not going to be included in cm7 because it could cause trouble for people who don't have a problem currently. It might not even work at all in gsf or it might cause more problems. It looks like some newer blades have a hardware change, if you read #47 & #49.

I'd agree it wants a basic ui too, especially if the setting can survive a reboot (afaik, the zte one does).

FelixL's emode helper app does the job (for zte roms with emode), I'm just worried there are too many options & we don't know what a few of them do, it could be pretty hard to get emode working on cm7 too.

The little test program I wrote will work on any rom as long as the kernel interface for the prox sensor stays the same (it could be different in the 2.6.35 kernel?). The issue with it as is and including it in cm7 is that it runs the calibration every time at boot. If the phone randomly reboots and has an object close to it (like if its in your pocket) it will get bad calibration data. It needs a way to trigger the recalibration and then write the values to a file. The file should then be read at boot time if it exists and the calibration data loaded into the kernel. Its a simple process and should be easy to do properly, I've just been too lazy to do it.

The program also has some light sensor test code in it, but I can't remember the syntax. I should clean it up a bit and post the source.

Guest FelixL

Sorry for the wait, I hope I have the time to work on the app this evening. I don't think I'll get it work on CM7, but if you guys have another solution that fits the purpose that should be enough ;)