[FRAMEWORK] Ginger Circles for Ginger Stir fry B15 - B19

Guest FatherD

Guest FatherD

The Final Ginger 16/08/2011

Tested on Ginger Srir Fry B19, .. but will add back in the LCD screen 'wink'

Now with custom bootanimation

Android Green battery mod thanks to UOT Kitchen.

Animated U'load/D'load and Sync icon sets. Many new icons reworked from my original Desire and N700 frameworks, including 'Silver' and 'OxyBubbles'

Many thanks go to all here at Modaco & the guys at XDA for the knowledge on how to do these mods - cheers!

Additional - Setting Colours Mod - post #2

Revision 3 - all suggestions greatly appreciated :) See post #2 for settings mod!

post-628580-0-52419900-1312633955_thumb.post-628580-0-77601500-1312634237_thumb.post-628580-0-06972300-1312633994_thumb.

the full ginger.zip

Edited by FatherD

Guest FatherD

Ginger Circles changelog:

16/08/2011 - The Full Ginger - Afew new modded icons, much more gingerbread green, sorry you really have to love green for this one!

Now with custom bootanimation

post-628580-0-06753400-1313532223_thumb.

06/08/2011 - Circle revised, slightly smaller, other icons neatened, optimised and some changed, works on B19 (adds back LCD wink!)

31/07/2011 - Reworked 'in call' icons, to remove the sense style background which did not suit the black notification bar, All new USB Connected and In-use icons. Better colour match for the Download set.

29/07/2011 - Initial framework, around 50 new original and reworked icons, Android Green UOT Circle battery Mod, green over-scroll effect- thanks guys

changelog settings mod:

Updated 09/08/2011 - Modded Settings.apk SettingsColours.zip

fixes the little issue with the data icon not matching in the power widget - the sneaky wotsits had used the icons from the mdpi folder for this icon only!!

post-628580-0-93116900-1312917976_thumb.

01/08/2011 - A little light relief .. a modded settings.apk to add some matching icons to the settings menus - flash in the usual way after flashing the main mod.

Edited by FatherD

Guest n4tsuko

Ginger Circles Rev 1

Tested on Ginger Srir Fry B15, should work with B16, 17 confirmed working with B17, .. but will add back in the LCD screen 'wink'

Thanks. i test this now.

PS : I search this same thing but in blue for my GSF b17

Sorry: my english written is not very good

Edited by n4tsuko

Guest FatherD

would be nice to have it in blue instead of green (and perhaps pink for my girlfriend ;) )

Given the time ... I might be able to do some alternative colours .. watch this space :)

Guest FatherD

is it running on b19???

Over on the Rom thread someone just said B17 frameworks are running on B19 .. I am waiting a little while before upgrading from B17 as I am working on revisions for this theme and a new blue one. Let me know how you get on :)

UPDATE: took the plunge - works perfectly on B19 .. but adds back the LCD wink!

Edited by FatherD

Guest LOLmaster

what do you mean this "but will add back in the LCD screen 'wink'" or " but adds back the lcd wink"? a can not translate it to my language...smile.gif

thanks

Edited by LOLmaster

Guest FatherD

There is an animation which looks like an old television screen going off when the screen goes to sleep, or you lock the phone - it was in the earlier builds of GSF, but was removed because it interfered with the zte clock alarm. It is present in this framework - so it will cause a problem if you have zteapps add-on installed.

I hope this helps. :-)

Guest FatherD

Running on b19 - looks really good, nice work :)

Thanks .. been getting my APKTool karma going .. so a full green theme soon .. followed by a full blue version :D

Guest jusumgeezer

I really like this, although it increased the size of my icons & font.

Am I correct in assuming this changes only the status bar? Can I ask how to get the dock & menu icons to change? I have GoLauncher, possible theme, looks kinda samsung styling?

Maybe I should learn to read the bit that says "post #2" (Sorry)

Edited by jusumgeezer

Guest FatherD

I really like this, although it increased the size of my icons & font.

Am I correct in assuming this changes only the status bar? Can I ask how to get the dock & menu icons to change? I have GoLauncher, possible theme, looks kinda samsung styling?

Maybe I should learn to read the bit that says "post #2" (Sorry)

Hi, I can't say that I have any idea why it would alter your font size, or for that matter your icon sizes (do you mean screen shortcut icons?) The Dock background and custom icons is down to Launcher Pro (paid version) which allows you to change not only the background, but also set a custom icon when adding each shortcut to any of your screens .. my favourite current choice is 'AndCubes' .. a very nice set over at XDA.

All the best :)

just highlighted the post #2 mod a little better :)

Edited by FatherD

Guest jusumgeezer

Hi, I can't say that I have any idea why it would alter your font size, or for that matter your icon sizes (do you mean screen shortcut icons?) The Dock background and custom icons is down to Launcher Pro (paid version) which allows you to change not only the background, but also set a custom icon when adding each shortcut to any of your screens .. my favourite current choice is 'AndCubes' .. a very nice set over at XDA.

All the best :)

just highlighted the post #2 mod a little better :)

Thanks for the quick reply & the link, GoLauncher has this feature too, just downloading icons now, maybe the size thing was something to do with Go Launcher or just my imagination.. I have been drinking... :P

Never really used themes before, but this is really good, thanks

Guest FatherD

Thanks for the quick reply & the link, GoLauncher has this feature too, just downloading icons now, maybe the size thing was something to do with Go Launcher or just my imagination.. I have been drinking... :P

Never really used themes before, but this is really good, thanks

Drinking ... don't know what you mean .. rolleyes.gif

Guest ufoman

Really nice theme that does not break Gingerbread aeshetics. Realy fresh and nice to look at. I've spotted only 2 unthemed icons so far: data connection icon on power widget and memory icon in Settings.

Guest nemiers

Could not get this one running :(

After theme install from recovery phone does not boot, just stays at startup screen picture.

Tried different ways, after system (GSF B19) is booted, not running and also after just fresh zip install not booted, no way I could boot phone after theme install.

Recovery is 3.0.2.7

What could be wrong?

Guest FatherD

Could not get this one running :(

After theme install from recovery phone does not boot, just stays at startup screen picture.

Tried different ways, after system (GSF B19) is booted, not running and also after just fresh zip install not booted, no way I could boot phone after theme install.

Recovery is 3.0.2.7

What could be wrong?

Hmm .. have you tried re-downloading just in case you got a corrupted .zip somehow? Nobody else has reported any problem like yours, so it must be an issue with the download, your particular device, or ..well don't know beyond that :/

Keep me posted on your progress

Guest FatherD

Really nice theme that does not break Gingerbread aeshetics. Realy fresh and nice to look at. I've spotted only 2 unthemed icons so far: data connection icon on power widget and memory icon in Settings.

Do you mean the power widget found in the default launcher? .. and could you post up a screenshot of the memory one .. I can't find that one :) - cheers

EDIT: updated post #2 - found the pesky icons in the mdpi folder cool.gif

Edited by FatherD

Guest nemiers

Hmm .. have you tried re-downloading just in case you got a corrupted .zip somehow? Nobody else has reported any problem like yours, so it must be an issue with the download, your particular device, or ..well don't know beyond that :/

Keep me posted on your progress

I redownloaded zip to be sure that problem is not with it.

Could be something wrong with my phone as you mentioned,

but I reinstalled SS4 rom with no problems, also with circlemod.

Something strange,

I want to have good looking rom with your theme, but now dont want to try to reinstall it again,

lost already couple of hours trying to get this one running :(

Will let you know if I get it working eventually.

Thanks!

Guest alex_slx

There is an animation which looks like an old television screen going off when the screen goes to sleep, or you lock the phone - it was in the earlier builds of GSF, but was removed because it interfered with the zte clock alarm. It is present in this framework - so it will cause a problem if you have zteapps add-on installed.

I hope this helps. :-)

just flashed GSF b19 plus ZTE app and dialer addons, so may not I install the Ginger Circles? dont like the vetical battery icon or many others, instead the Ginger Circles attracts me a lot, it's really nice.

Edited by alex_slx

Guest FatherD

just flashed GSF b19 plus ZTE app and dialer addons, so may not I install the Ginger Circles? dont like the vetical battery icon or many others, instead the Ginger Circles attracts me a lot, it's really nice.

Sorry I didn't answer sooner .. yes you can use Ginger Circles, but it will effect the use of the zte-clock alarm .. as detailed here

If you do not use the alarm function then all will be ok :)

All the best.

Guest FatherD

I am no coder! .. have been trying for days to APKTool to rebuild after some .9.png changes and a few .xml tweeks .. I quite simply give up until I have more time .. and talent to make further and better changes to this framework - sorry sad.gif

oh .. and Eclipse is a shabby piece of ...#@.:#

Edited by FatherD

Guest alex_slx

Sorry I didn't answer sooner .. yes you can use Ginger Circles, but it will effect the use of the zte-clock alarm .. as detailed here

If you do not use the alarm function then all will be ok :)

All the best.

hi FatherD, thank you for your response, i've installed the Ginger Circles, it works great, nice! as well i had a test on the ZTE Alarm after the installation, just as you mentioned above, the Alarm malfunctioned. so the Alarm's given up, instead i got another one from the market ~Alarm Clock Plus. tested, works fine with the Ginger Circles, while more and advanced fuctions than the ZTE one. cheers.

thank you for your great work.