Is this the end for the blade :(

Guest feckineejit

Guest TouchyAndalou

What has actually happened here? Someone care to explain please?

wbaw was asked by a poster whether he could incorporate Psyloid's 30% speed increase into his rom. He responded by saying that there was no speed increase, and that Psyloid was a liar and a thief, a worthless modder etc. Psyloid, as you might expect, wasn't too impressed and removed his roms vowing never to post on this forum again. Posters on both sides began to bicker and wbaw, receiving a warning, decided that he too would remove his rom and not post here any more. Predictably, more bickering ensued, culminating in several bannings, most of which were unjustified.

Guest g4mer10

flibblesan you should restart doing Roms. I know that your Roms are the best. Your Roms are old but :

1. No Launcher and nevertheless fast

2. Energie Control in status bar

it looks good and its fast and it feels good.

I try out the new Rom´s, but I'm still the same old FLB R10B on my phone, because it is simply the best (google translator) :)

Guest ThermalDroid

wbaw criticized Psyloids Blue Ginger ROM and stated there were basically no useful changes and that the speed increase Pysloid claimed to have done for his ROM was not true.

Consequently, Psyloid was offended and removed links for the downloads and quit the forum. wbaw later stated he could have been more tactful.

Chaos ensued as fans of each ROM/Developer debated/argued on the occurrences above.

As a mod got involved there was more backlash towards him as some felt the bans on a few members were uncalled for as well as the locks on a few topics.

That was just off the top of my head, I apologize if some of that may be incorrect or if I've missed any significant details. I've tried to be as objective as I can be.

That's it in a nut shell.

Guest Anil k Solanki

hope we're not left with just cm7 as i don't like or use it.

Hi feckineejit, What's not to like with CM7? Nightly build 148 is bullet proof and feature packed. I didn't realise there were Blade users out there only interested in "flashing" ROM's, weird. I suppose it is no different to people who spend lots of time and money on their cars only to drive to the end of the street and back.

Anil.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Don't start this again.

*sigh*

It's that kind of comment that just doesn't help the situation.

I'll remove that comment then if you feel it doesn't contribute...I was merely trying to point out that I wouldn't wish to accidentally and unintentionally antagonise anyone. I am completely impartial.

Guest targetbsp

I'll remove that comment then if you feel it doesn't contribute...I was merely trying to point out that I wouldn't wish to accidentally and unintentionally antagonise anyone. I am completely impartial.

Ok, sorry. It sounded like you were provoking... something. :D Nerves are frayed around here lol.

Hi feckineejit, What's not to like with CM7? Nightly build 148 is bullet proof and feature packed. I didn't realise there were Blade users out there only interested in "flashing" ROM's, weird. I suppose it is no different to people who spend lots of time and money on their cars only to drive to the end of the street and back.

Anil.

I generally enjoy the process of getting computer tech to work how I want more than I enjoy using a finished product! This is why I won't buy anything Apple. The best part for me is making the damn thing work and work efficiently. Not having it ready setup out the box with nothing I can change. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest TheManicGibbon

Ok, sorry. It sounded like you were provoking... something. :D Nerves are frayed around here lol.

No, quite the opposite...was trying to diffuse, not provoke anyone smile.gif

Guest TouchyAndalou

Anil.

Some people may want a stock gingerbread experience, which GSF was closer to delivering than CM7.

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Anil.

Well, rather a lot, but only in my opinion :) I hate the customisations, so I end up every time there's a nightly or a stable update removing them all, to get a stock gingerbread look (stuff like the dialer, bootscreen, wallpapers, launcher, apps, etc...)

Also, the battery life isn't great, no denying that :P No smart dialler, and overall, it's just not very stable (in my opinion of course!) I feel like every few nightlies something breaks and is then fixed.

But that's just my beliefs! The whole feature packed thing too is wasted on me, as I'm not really looking for nearly everything CM7 adds, as I just don't like it.

Guest ididmytime

I'm quite shocked at the attitude towards the moderator in question, there was numerous warnings that were ignored, and yet people still question it, all because it was a dev.

Wbaw is free to continue to release his work, just not on this forum. We can discuss this matter, but it will not change the outcome in the slightest.

Will be interesting to see another dev come along, good luck to him/her.

Edited by ididmytime

Guest Unbalanced

Ginger Stir Fry was a rock stable ROM for our Blades. I am dissapointed with the outcome but I hope that wbaw - or somebody - continues the development of such a great ROM.

Edited by Unbalanced

I'm quite shocked at the attitude towards the moderator in question, there was numerous warnings that were ignored, and yet people still question it, all because it was a dev.

I sincerely hope the moderator in question gets demoted or better booted off modaco.

Wbaw is free to continue to release his work, just not on this forum. We can discuss this matter, but it will not change the outcome in the slightest.

You think? The tweets sound otherwise.

Guest ThermalDroid

hope so...

GSF Beta 18 was put up on ROM manager last night so his development will most likely be distributed from there.

Guest Unbalanced

GSF Beta 18 was put up on ROM manager last night so his development will most likely be distributed from there.

I think the premium ver of ROM manager gives us notifications and ROM updates. Am I right? I am about to buy it.

Guest ThermalDroid

I think the premium ver of ROM manager gives us notifications and ROM updates. Am I right? I am about to buy it.

Yes that's correct.

Guest wrtease

im a blade owner and use 2 blades .i like all roms ,also like trying them out .

i like cm7 any type eg good ,bad ,or stable.

also bluegingerv5 on 1 blade .

aslo gingerstirfry on the other blade..now for what its worth .were back at the start .waiting for new roms to test and use..

so if theirs some out their that wants to start making new roms the blade user will help by testing the roms.

the blade forum will bounce back with its members support. i am now thinking its time for new support for the upcoming skate as we all want to use it wether its fast ,slow or just for browsing the net .i for 1 just for browsing the net and bigger screen.

the main thing is that when we buy a new mobile we hate the crap that comes with it and want to change the way it looks .

themes ,wallpapers and apks and whatever we choose .so cannot wait for new roms to come along and test them .i choose to install any rom and use on my blade. or skate when i get it.

the new members need our help, just as we did whensetting up the blade.so please make the blade forum the best by helping each other. the blade forum cannot die .