Is this the end for the blade :(

Guest feckineejit

Guest feckineejit

Hi feckineejit, What's not to like with CM7? Nightly build 148 is bullet proof and feature packed. I didn't realise there were Blade users out there only interested in "flashing" ROM's, weird. I suppose it is no different to people who spend lots of time and money on their cars only to drive to the end of the street and back.

Anil.

Hello Anil, there is probably nothing wrong with cm7, i tried a lot of the nightly's etc but never ended up having them more than a day or so because of all the bugs etc. i'm sure it probably improved a lot since then but i just prefer the GSF and Blue velvet over cm7, each to there own really. :)

Guest Anil k Solanki

I generally enjoy the process of getting computer tech to work how I want more than I enjoy using a finished product! This is why I won't buy anything Apple. The best part for me is making the damn thing work and work efficiently. Not having it ready setup out the box with nothing I can change. :)

I enjoy using computer tech because I'm interested in what it can produce, icons, movies, phone calls, text messages, the list is endless. If you enjoy tweaking the machine rather than using the machine, fine. I have an understanding of the tech because sometimes there are problems and I prefer to know how to fix them, or, improve what the machine can do, all in effort to making stuff better.

Long story short, it's a means to an end.

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hello Anil, there is probably nothing wrong with cm7, i tried a lot of the nightly's etc but never ended up having them more than a day or so because of all the bugs etc. i'm sure it probably improved a lot since then but i just prefer the GSF and Blue velvet over cm7, each to there own really. :)

Dude if it works for you, then great. Cyanogen is a work in progress, that is for sure. But just so you know, after N146 it is superb. I haven't had any issues since N126, but some folks have. It is a very stock ROM, apart from ADW launcher. Some of the other Gingerbread customisations, are visually, err, amateurish?

I admit, I'm a UI dev, so I have a bias, but none the less, Cyanogen is very true to the Google UI guidelines, I know because I have read them.

Have fun, it's what it's all about. Anil.

Guest Anil k Solanki

No one knows apart from the developers sorry unsure.gif

Hi ThermalDroid,

1. Why are you online posting in this forum when you have a new toy to play with?
  2. Do you mind if ask how much you paid for the Atrix?
  3. Are you using Motoblur?
  4. Tech specs say it is way faster than the humble Blade, do you feel it is so in general use?

Have fun. Anil.

Guest Simon O

Who said WBAW was banned? I had a look and cant see anything about it anywhere, even looking at his profile page

He has been unbanned along with the others. The decision was made by the administrators.

Guest stealthyboss

He has been unbanned along with the others. The decision was made by the administrators.

did you unban him because of my thread? :o

Guest Phoenix Silver

I think it's a good decision.

Guest ThermalDroid

Hi ThermalDroid,

1. Why are you online posting in this forum when you have a new toy to play with?
  2. Do you mind if ask how much you paid for the Atrix?
  3. Are you using Motoblur?
  4. Tech specs say it is way faster than the humble Blade, do you feel it is so in general use?

Have fun. Anil.

I hang around here because I like the community.

I'm on a £40 a month contract (new job thought I'd splash the cash).

Yeah I haven't got round to any hacking but it's pretty smooth but I well be looking into de blurring it.

Compared to the blade it's like a super computer. Everything is buttery slick, the screen is gorgeous and very responsive and the camera despite bring 5mp is actually very good just not the best in low light (under my desk).

Overall it's amazing and no offence to any LG2x users but having now used both the atrix is superior and not just because I own it;)

Guest ididmytime

Nah, it was an admin decision to unban him. Lets all move on :)

Bowing to peer pressure? ;)

Regardless, it's an unexpected, but right decision to keep the peace.

Now we will have to wait and see if he even want's to continue posting on this forum.

Guest Simon O

Bowing to peer pressure? ;)

Regardless, it's an unexpected, but right decision to keep the peace.

Now we will have to wait and see if he even want's to continue posting on this forum.

LOL. Wasn't my decision to reverse the bans :)

Guest Anil k Solanki

I hang around here because I like the community.

I'm on a £40 a month contract (new job thought I'd splash the cash).

Yeah I haven't got round to any hacking but it's pretty smooth but I well be looking into de blurring it.

Compared to the blade it's like a super computer. Everything is buttery slick, the screen is gorgeous and very responsive and the camera despite bring 5mp is actually very good just not the best in low light (under my desk).

Overall it's amazing and no offence to any LG2x users but having now used both the atrix is superior and not just because I own it;)

Sounds great. I suppose you get what you pay for, 24 x £40 = £960.

I want a bigger screen, I don't really need more power, I hope the upcoming Skate fits the bill, otherwise. It's big money time. :)

Have fun with the super computer, and all the best with the new job.

Anil.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

Good god, what did I miss...?? Some days you make a post and no one bothers to reply, other days... it all kicks off!! :P

Anyway, I reckon/believe the reason for the ROM development may of slowed down/stopped is because everyone is, or been pursuaded to go over to Gen2 ROM, and change the way the phone operates. Look at it in the days of Gen1 to Gen2?? Sure, Gen1 was around longer so no wonder it has a large ROM base. But I believe there is very few that dable in the Gen2 roms... and those that do, are basically just copying each other, re-packaging it, and saying its their ROM, when essentially its the same thing.. :(

Thats the whole reason I stuck to Gen1, as Gen2 doesnt offer me anything (that I am aware of) over here in UK, so cannot bennifit from it, or so I am led to believe. Plus I prefer the larger choice of roms available for Gen1. I reckon we'd see some of the rom makers come back, if more was on Gen1, as Gingerbread doesnt seem readily available to cook up...

Just my thoughts ;)

Lister

Guest ididmytime

Hi All,

Good god, what did I miss...?? Some days you make a post and no one bothers to reply, other days... it all kicks off!! :P

Anyway, I reckon/believe the reason for the ROM development may of slowed down/stopped is because everyone is, or been pursuaded to go over to Gen2 ROM, and change the way the phone operates. Look at it in the days of Gen1 to Gen2?? Sure, Gen1 was around longer so no wonder it has a large ROM base. But I believe there is very few that dable in the Gen2 roms... and those that do, are basically just copying each other, re-packaging it, and saying its their ROM, when essentially its the same thing.. :(

Thats the whole reason I stuck to Gen1, as Gen2 doesnt offer me anything (that I am aware of) over here in UK, so cannot bennifit from it, or so I am led to believe. Plus I prefer the larger choice of roms available for Gen1. I reckon we'd see some of the rom makers come back, if more was on Gen1, as Gingerbread doesnt seem readily available to cook up...

Just my thoughts ;)

Lister

I think it was more to the fact we didnt have a stable 2.2 rom, and various leaked builds found their way online.

The only 2.3 leak from ZTE is used for GSF, what's the point in making another based on the same source? We will get another rom soon enough.

Guest Plxply

The current state seems to be fine, there is the stable 2.3 ZTE leak and the feature packed unstable CyanogenMod release. Both provide a good option depending on what you're using the phone for and as previously stated you can customise the 2.3 leak as much as you like then release it, whilst still keeping the stable base.

Guest targetbsp

I wouldn't worry about it. So's pretty much every other post on this page. I can see why most other sites only allow people to plus rep and not minus it.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest ididmytime

I wouldn't be too concerned about it, only if you remove anonymity rights should it have any bearing.

I doubt most of the regular posters even bother with it.